• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

vista 32 bit or 64 bit any problems with either

• Thread starter Shadoasis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Shadoasis

In process of building new pc and cant decide if i should go with 32 bit vista or 64 bit vista not sure if warhammer supports both versions or not. Also if anyone has had any problems with eitehr version for this game.

Skycapp

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know of any issues with either version of Vista.

My preference right now is the 32bit version... at least until there is better support/wider use of the 64bit architecture by developers.

L

LordRhys

If your only going to have 2G Ram go with 32bit, if you plan to upgrade or already have 4G or more go with 64bit, never mind the application support all 32 bit software runs on 64bit version.

B

Beele

In process of building new pc and cant decide if i should go with 32 bit vista or 64 bit vista not sure if warhammer supports both versions or not. Also if anyone has had any problems with eitehr version for this game.
I am running on Vista64 right now and I have absolutely zero problems. Fortunately, Brother did make an x64 printer driver for my rather older printer, so I have no problems there. I haven't yet tried installing my old Palm software to back it up, but I still have backups on old 2000 installs, so I am not terribly worried about that.

4 GB of RAM and soon to be 8 GB really helps out my running multiple programs at the same time (ok, 8 GB is probably WAY overkill, but DDR2 is so cheap now, I don't see any reason not to grab it).

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WAR works fine with Vista 64-bit, just make sure you have the latest audio and video drivers for those components. And have at least 2g minimum of the fastest RAM available for your PC.

Hope that helps.