• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Virtue and Vice Themed Decorating

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I wanted to know if anyone had any examples of houses decorated with Virtue/Vice themed items they could share. I am looking for some inspiration.

Currently, I have just about all the lanterns, paintings, sculptures, pillows, windows from the Artisan festival rewards, the green 4-tile square virtue tiles, the new 1 tile virtue runes, all of the tabbards, snow globes with all the virtues and vices, all of the VvV banners, tapestries, rares with virtues/vices in the name, etc. My only problem is that I am generally terrible with decoration and have no creative eye for it. In my older UO age, I wanted to put some of this stuff to use.

Any suggestions would be greatly welcome!

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a Virtue-Vice-themed Keep on Drachenfels. To me the theme is much wider than only collect the Artisan Festival Items. The "Throne Room" keeps also a Collection of the City Banners and a Collection from one oft the lastest Anniversary Gift Token.

The first floor keeps the Artisan Items - but I gave a small break of bod filling for the tree cause of bad getting eyes. So I have no window collection and no bed coverings. And this is only a fast decoration-decision only with that Artisanos, we also have the beautiful pictures from the VVV System. One day I will place this Floor in a much bigger castle if I have money and time to reverse the house.

Feel free to visit it - Location is Trammel, DF south of Skara Brae at the Top of Dragon Holme Mountain.

Attachments

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Wow - that's really great! Exactly the type of inspiration I was looking for. I might steal some of these ideas when I get around to putting more of my decoration in place. I will probably also stop by in Drach over the weekend at some point to have a look.

Thank you so much for posting!

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Merlin, you can write me a PN when you'll be on DF - i can bring you to the locasion and show you the keep, but plz remember the Global Time Zones - we're mostly 6 hours in award of New York in Europe, and here esp. in Germany. So when we have 18:00 pm you'll might be have 12:00 am ..or so - sorry, but this pm .. am in english speaking countries always confuses me - we do not handle the time with meridians in Germany :) .

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Merlin, you can write me a PN when you'll be on DF - i can bring you to the locasion and show you the keep, but plz remember the Global Time Zones - we're mostly 6 hours in award of New York in Europe, and here esp. in Germany. So when we have 18:00 pm you'll might be have 12:00 am ..or so - sorry, but this pm .. am in english speaking countries always confuses me - we do not handle the time with meridians in Germany :) .
it looks nice. to be honest with you I run my house on Military time or railway time I think its called over there continental time. faster for the kids to pick it up I think. to be honest the only thing that shows am and pm in my house would be the stove everything else is set up 00:00 to 23:59

Mene (DF)

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Danpal

Oki :D, and to be honest by myself : I never understood the historical facts to make this time differences - a clock is a clock is a clock, isn't it ;)

Nevertheless if you'll meet someone in Europe or wherelse in the world you have to keep an eye of the Global Time Zones - equal if you're grown up humun being or still a kid (that hopefully will be able to learn) :)

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
1620488075603.png
I like Castle Terra on Legends

(I hope he doesn't mind me sharing...
but he was the one who showed it to me
when we were doing the virtue tile quest)

1620488266381.png

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Awesome work! Thanks everyone for sharing! Keep up the pics!

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What banners are you using

looks great !
The Banners along the North wall come from 14th anniversary gift tickets and are Virtue Tapestry. The Banners on the West wall are Virtue Banners from VvV. The Banners on the East wall are Vice Banners from VvV.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Love the VvV banners I only have 2 been trying to get more on Pac but know one here plays VvV :(

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I still have to get all the Vice tiles and VvV banners but this is what I have done so far. I still need a few tabards as well and I know we'll get more from the Artisan Festival this year.

1660970777362.png