• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Veteran's Day Thoughts from the Team

C

Cal_Mythic

On this day nearly 100 years ago, President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed November 11th as Armistice Day. This date served as an end to hostilities at the end of World War I: “The War to End All Wars.”

As we know, this was not true. Global conflict continues.

World War I is arguably the bloodiest of all global conflicts as it saw the advent of air power and biological weapons. Thousands upon thousands of soldiers lost their lives to take 100s of feet: they survived trenches, fighting noxious gas, artillery shells, and brutal hand- to- hand combat.

On November 11th each year, there are parades to honor the dead and surviving servicemen and women of every conflict since that day. On a day like today churches will fill, families will visit healing soldiers from conflicts seen and unseen. Arlington Cemetery, near our Nation's Capitol, will see capacity traffic.

As a former Air Force Officer and graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy, and the son of a paratrooper in the 82d Airborne who served in Vietnam -- on behalf of myself and the Ultinma Online team I extend our respect and thanks to the current and former members of the Armed Forces in America and on foreign soil. We offer a sincere and heartfelt thank you to those who have been or who still are with us journeying through the lands of Sosaria.

Have a blessed day,

- Calvin E. Crowner, Jr.
- Captain, U.S. Air Force 1989 - 2000

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
To Cal and all of our other veterans, thank you for your service.

S

Sadrith Mora

Cal, thank you, and your father, for being apart of the U.S. armed forces, and sacrificing a portion of your lives in defense of the greatest country in the world, by defending the freedoms that we all continue to enjoy to this very day!

Also, you deserve many thanks for the efforts you put into Ultima Online, as well as the current and past devs of Mythic who have done an excellent job of maintaining UO to continue to be the best MMORPG in the business through difficult times in a flooded market.

High Seas is an excellent addition, IMO, and i'm already looking forward to the next one.

Take care & God bless!