• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vet Rugs - Maps, Seeds, MIBs... why are they so weak?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, its been awhile... but I'm sure I missed whatever discussion has taken place about these vet rewards.

I actually own 1 of each. They are so big... so annoying... I only have the 3 "for fun". I sell so many treasure maps, I could easily get 100 rugs. BUT, they never give level 5 maps. 1-4 sell well... not as good as they used to. I could put 50 maps on the vendor and the next day they would be gone. Now it waits till a dedicated hunter comes round... then they go. (Hopefully). Today, I sell 10x more level 6 maps... and I can see why the rugs dont make them, or god forbid level 7 maps. It still ruins the theory of "random" when its always 4 or under.

The MIB one... MIBs spawn in the bottle... and I honestly have no clue if they give those ancient MIBs (the white ones). I sell loads and loads of MIBs from both fishing and the rug. Goodness knows I can get 30 MIBs in 1 fishing adventure... along with nets, what sell well... and level 1 maps. :) I have no real issue with this rug. I dont hunt for SOSs.

The seed rug. (Rose)… I cant express how amazingly disappointed I was in this one. Outside being cute, its a waste of a vet reward. Why do we NEVER get white/black... or even fire seeds? Fire being worth all of 5k each, almost worthless. You do the 5 nest seed quest and can get 50% fire vs. black or white. I've run COUNTLESS quests. It gets quite robodoc. Yet, you can also grow plants and get the odd white or black mutants and thats good and "random". I just dont understand why they made the rose rug so lame. I have every single color normal plant... it doesnt give orange/green/purple... or particular... or anything worth wild. Growing, you get all these seeds normally... PLUS the chance of getting black or white. It just doesnt add up.

Did they ever give an excuse for this? Just wondering.