• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vet rewards and valentine's day are on Tc-1

gwen

Slightly Crazed
It's not too much work. but not every fisher is an archer. what if we just want to hold our poles because gasp its fun and we enjoy it
Spellweaver , necromancer also no? May be just Fisher with a vollem or if poor - owner of 2*lowland Boura ?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My fisherman is
120 fishing
120 focus
And a pet goat

what more do I “need”

well I don’t really like the goat so I’d like a magical fishing pole that doesn’t catch foot wear so I can get ride of the goat so that I can focus better on fishing.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
My fisherman is
120 fishing
120 focus
And a pet goat

what more do I “need”

well I don’t really like the goat so I’d like a magical fishing pole that doesn’t catch foot wear so I can get ride of the goat so that I can focus better on fishing.
Train your goat 1 level. With 45-50 taming requirements (jewels + 15-20 skill points) your goat will have high HP , regens , dragon breath (for distant enemies where pet cannot find way around cannon) and battle defense. You will just need to collect SOS bottles from serpent corpses.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You’re missing the point I don’t like my goat. I want to make him walk the plank. So I need a leet fishing pole to take his place and a way to defend my toon.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Hmm, does mysticism enchant spell (with 80 mystic and focus) give spell channel to this pole , or refuses like with ordinary one ?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Wait, you can't leave the salvaged items IN it?

I hope they fix that....otherwise I feel that the salvager and the refinement station are both kinda useless :/ Or as Allen would say..just deco.

Sad cus the graphics are cool!

you can put items inside and anyone can access the crate
(security settings is set to co-owner)
but only the home owner can salvage items with it
it does give the option to salvage

when a co-owner uses it
and also when the public tries to use it

if you leave the resources inside it, they poof
(did this 3 times last night)

And just tested it right now again
the resources poofed and the armor pieces take a bit longer

gwen

Slightly Crazed
you can put items inside and anyone can access the crate
(security settings is set to co-owner)
but only the home owner can salvage items with it
it does give the option to salvage

when a co-owner uses it
and also when the public tries to use it

if you leave the resources inside it, they poof
(did this 3 times last night)

And just tested it right now again
the resources poofed and the armor pieces take a bit longer
So it even not good to store loot you bring from adventures to later come back with crafter(owner) and disassemble all?

So owner is owner of the house or owner (one who picked /placed) the station ?

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So it even not good to store loot you bring from adventures to later come back with crafter(owner) and disassemble all?

So owner is owner of the house or owner (one who picked /placed) the station ?
owner of the house

1674750290455.png
===

i was taking loot off of about around 4 or 5 rabbits
and by the time i would go back the other stuff was deleted

so i left another char, not friended to the house
there with the container open, and could see when they would disappear

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just logged on to check things out and I'm not sure if I'm surprised about the lack of thought put into the Vet rewards or it's what I expected given that it reinforces the notion that the Dev team probably doesn't really play the game.

First I'll give credit where credit is due; they finally listened to players and gave a fishing pole that eliminates footwear. Kudos. Personally I think it should be a fishing reward and not a vet reward but whatever at least there is an option there now and it's only a 2nd year reward. That said, the fact that they started with literally zero properties on it tells me that they either don't have/know a fisher or they just got extremely lazy and didn't feel like thinking of properties. It's an easy guess to throw Spell Channel on there and go from there; I've used my fisher maybe a dozen times in the past 10 years and even I knew SC would be a worthwhile property.

The salvage station seems like a pretty big waste of a reward. I thought it might have a chance to be decent and salvage all raw materials (at least wood/ingots/cloth/scrolls/gems) but it appears it's just ingots and cloth. It's literally a vet reward salvage bag (1300gp at the Provisioner) which is a super hefty price. Someone said "but it can hold more than your backpack" but that doesn't really matter because at the end of the day when you craft things they go in your backpack anyway. So all this reward does is instead of crafting things inside the salvage bag (removing what you want to keep) you need to drag everything you don't want into the machine to salvage it which probably would be done faster in your pack (with the same outcome). FYI - You will need to secure the crate or the things in there will decay!

Armor Refinement station same thing; it's a head scratcher. If it's just going to give a random refinement every X days that's pointless because most people who are refining things need more space to add their refinements (ie stack them or not take up lockdowns), not need more refinements to add towards their lockdowns.

The flags are pretty cool idea for a guild or house that is into decoration. It's not something that I'll be getting but it's good to see something new.

Reward statues are what they are.

The Ethy Frost mite statue is about the same size as the ethy llama so I'm glad they tried to make it on the smaller side unlike the regular beetle statue. It might look better riding it when it's not transparent (or maybe it's just me). I think the shadows and shape of it kind of look a little weird at certain angles but that might just be my preference. I did end up losing my frost beetle when I dismounted at Luna bank (backpack only had 60 items) which seemed pretty random but I haven't tested further since it's only 1 reward bag from the clicky per char; so I'd be curious if anyone else had stumbled across that yet.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
owner of the house

View attachment 139768
===

i was taking loot off of about around 4 or 5 rabbits
and by the time i would go back the other stuff was deleted

so i left another char, not friended to the house
there with the container open, and could see when they would disappear
It's not super intuitive but you need to secure the container; otherwise stuff decays (at least so far that's what it looks like).

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm assuming the event will start sometime in March but who knows...what we do appear to know is that the event will likely end on 6/1 (likely shutting off on 6/2 server up which is a Friday).

1674753717716.png

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
It's not super intuitive but you need to secure the container; otherwise stuff decays (at least so far that's what it looks like).
thank you for letting me know.
I just asumed that it being a deed, that it was automatically secured
especially since it has the security settings for it

they really need to put that in the description
and put that into the wiki

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I'm assuming the event will start sometime in March but who knows...what we do appear to know is that the event will likely end on 6/1 (likely shutting off on 6/2 server up which is a Friday).

View attachment 139781

Counterfeit Commodities
Something isn’t quite right this Spring…collectors across the realm have reeled at the fact counterfeit curiously adorned eggs have hit the market! While the source of these fakes has yet to be determined, there is a concerted effort to rid the world of these erroneous eggs!

• Green thorns planted in fields during the months of April & May will spawn a miniaturized version of the Alchemist’s Abomination!
=======

(publish 115 notes)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Agreed.

This one is just placed
1674754347461.png

This one I secured
1674754367626.png

And you have to target the crate part

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya it's the only machine you open the box to remove something. Not intuitive to lock a piece of a deeded item. Can it hold resources?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
April and May.... oh boy there will be lots of complaining until then.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ya it's the only machine you open the box to remove something. Not intuitive to lock a piece of a deeded item. Can it hold resources?
Yea it can hold anything you want (at least that I tested). I threw a bunch of stuff in there that couldn't be salvaged like a luck statue / green thorns / spellbook strap etc. It all went in without a problem.

Counterfeit Commodities
Something isn’t quite right this Spring…collectors across the realm have reeled at the fact counterfeit curiously adorned eggs have hit the market! While the source of these fakes has yet to be determined, there is a concerted effort to rid the world of these erroneous eggs!

• Green thorns planted in fields during the months of April & May will spawn a miniaturized version of the Alchemist’s Abomination!
=======

(publish 115 notes)
I must have glanced over that... good to know April/May. I wonder if there will be a dungeon this go round... seems like this idea kind of hits on a lot of what others have asked for / mentioned in the past (make it tram & fel / make it world wide just not a single dungeon / make it something everyone can do). Initial thought is that I'm not thrilled about the cooldown time it takes to replant a thorn.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
so this fishing pole.
if it doesn't have a lot of good attributes on it who will want it?

so for me to use a Vet Reward pick and replace the fishing pole im currently using the pole has to beat the pole im currently using, as im sure it would be for most people.

my current fishing pole on my main fisher is:
Spell Channeling no -1
FCR 2
LRC 12

my 2nd fisher runs:
Spell Channeling no -1
FCR 2
LMC 7

im thinking that for me to replace the above it would need to have:
SC no -1
FCR 2
SDI 12
something else fun.... LMC 5?
MR 2

maybe something specific to this fishing pole.... bait enhancement +20% built into it?
Like the idea... add a +1 Fishing chance... that applies to rare fish.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fishing pole:

Spell Channeling
Elemental Slayer
Reptile Slayer
Luck 125

(Like a Horselord bow)
luck at 300 would be better it’s a 2 handed item
With the + fishing on it
And SC

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So we are stuck with the mean bunnies to get eggs this April and May. I remember now M saying the past event was designed by the new dev. She must have done this one. Way, way back On LS she told us, no more free stuff. Eggs on ground must be free stuff to her. Why not both ways? :Begging: Please?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea it can hold anything you want (at least that I tested). I threw a bunch of stuff in there that couldn't be salvaged like a luck statue / green thorns / spellbook strap etc. It all went in without a problem.
I may get one and put it by my soulforge instead of a chest with resources. Better deco than the chest and it animates.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
So we are stuck with the mean bunnies to get eggs this April and May. I remember now M saying the past event was designed by the new dev. She must have done this one. Way, way back On LS she told us, no more free stuff. Eggs on ground must be free stuff to her. Why not both ways? :Begging: Please?
There is a champ spawn that has eggs at participation drops, got added to test around 2 hours ago.

mihali

Sage
so this fishing pole.
if it doesn't have a lot of good attributes on it who will want it?

so for me to use a Vet Reward pick and replace the fishing pole im currently using the pole has to beat the pole im currently using, as im sure it would be for most people.

my current fishing pole on my main fisher is:
Spell Channeling no -1
FCR 2
LRC 12

my 2nd fisher runs:
Spell Channeling no -1
FCR 2
LMC 7

im thinking that for me to replace the above it would need to have:
SC no -1
FCR 2
SDI 12
something else fun.... LMC 5?
MR 2

maybe something specific to this fishing pole.... bait enhancement +20% built into it?
BINGO! This !!!^^^^

mihali

Sage
Really ? You and @MalagAste want one more best in slot item that will overpower everything crafted ?
Your Fisher will not survive without +2FCR or Mana regen on a fishing pole ?
Please guys , state your reasons why do you need it ? Not why do you want it.
You are right. But its a vet reward, that will help to not fish shoes. Maybe they can add +1 something, anything? No complaints here, since no plans to sac 1 vet reward for this, but if the consensus want it, no problems.:)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here are the boots that are the Boss drop.

1674783496830.png

Someone help me determine how and when these are better than Boots of escaping. Maybe Swords does not need the 4 Dex.
My ranged guys do not need Str, or intel, 2 dex is not much.

In the past I have gone to other shards and done the champ for the boss drops. But I do not see that I can sell these for 10 to 15M. Do I really need 50 of them?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
By the way any idea what this alchemist's abomination is? Is it the Vorp bunny with a different name?
Yes, Stats and name will probably change and I bet it will not have as much loot. My Guess.

gwen

Slightly Crazed

View attachment 139802

Someone help me determine how and when these are better than Boots of escaping. Maybe Swords does not need the 4 Dex.
My ranged guys do not need Str, or dex, 2 intel is not much.

In the past I have gone to other shards and done the champ for the boss drops. But I do not see that I can sell these for 10 to 15M. Do I really need 50 of them?
Why should they be better than boots of escaping ? They are different, not shard bound , have 6 stat points. On main shards I play fits my crafter and mules. Or a bard who don't deserve minax sandals yet. Fit any toon on account without Eodon expansion. Also will fit some of my warriors on different shards who are still barefoot.
Nice idea , nice boots overall.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
You are right. But its a vet reward, that will help to not fish shoes. Maybe they can add +1 something, anything? No complaints here, since no plans to sac 1 vet reward for this, but if the consensus want it, no problems.:)
If this vet reward will have just "no footwear" property and you will be able to transmogrify your favorite crafted pole with shield potion , it will be great reward.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why should they be better than boots of escaping ? They are different, not shard bound , have 6 stat points. On main shards I play fits my crafter and mules. Or a bard who don't deserve minax sandals yet. Fit any toon on account without Eodon expansion. Also will fit some of my warriors on different shards who are still barefoot.
So they are good for a Mule or a naked toon.. Great item :dunce:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now if it was a kilt or something for that slot..
I was talking about the Bunnies. Maybe you can skin them and make a Kilt.

But ya the stats on the boots would make a good Kilt slot item for Humans.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
So they are good for a Mule or a naked toon.. Great item :dunce:
You want every new item to make everything else obsolete?
Boots of escaping have 4 stat points +1 Stam. And they don't spawn anymore. here are 6. Count them . You don't need in the or don't know how to rearrange stats ? Don't do spawn then . I will . But participate or getting 50 of those is not mandatory for you.
It is good as limited event item. Same as belt from Tokuno spawn. Pity boots are not all race , like belt was.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So gargoyle will be nerfed one more time ?
I speak louder than most for gargoyles who need and deserve a revamp but it's still a wasted slot and we have footwear for every build as is if you giving us recycled grind fest at least give us new shiny

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You want every new item to make everything else obsolete?
Boots of escaping have 4 stat points +1 Stam. And they don't spawn anymore. here are 6. Count them . You don't need in the or don't know how to rearrange stats ? Don't do spawn then . I will . But participate or getting 50 of those is not mandatory for you.
It is good as limited event item. Same as belt from Tokuno spawn. Pity boots are not all race , like belt was.
Just like the sash, if you kill the Boss with a Garg you will get the Garg version.

Still, Why does my Mage need 2 points of str or dex. My melee guys do not need str or intel. So effectively these boots have 2 points. Unless used on a mule or naked toon. :pancakes:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I speak louder than most for gargoyles who need and deserve a revamp but it's still a wasted slot and we have footwear for every build as is if you giving us recycled grind fest at least give us new shiny
It is just slot for fun. Like lockdown slots in your house.
Why you want only item in this slot with stats to be from limited time event ?
Yes, we all want to pack more stats or resists or whatever on our toons which now leads to overpowered characters able to kill most stuff. IMO need to nerf all of us and let choose gear wisely, have gear for each monster type, not only axe with different slayer. developers should make use of Humility or something alike. Only those who turn it on during all spawn and still stayed alive can get drops. That will be epic battle ! Same for dungeon events. Cut resists with each level of dungeon and increase chance for drops . So on fourth level of deceit we will fight Para skeleton cautious, and Para Lich will be something you call for help not kick it passing by.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, if i have extra boots or find them on VS cheap i will certainly be outfitting my "second string" characters.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Really ? You and @MalagAste want one more best in slot item that will overpower everything crafted ?
Your Fisher will not survive without +2FCR or Mana regen on a fishing pole ?
Please guys , state your reasons why do you need it ? Not why do you want it.
I agree with this. The fishing pole does not need 300 luck. That turns a vet reward into a best in slot(s) piece for all chars running luck suits. Do people go fishing in their luck suits? Does a luck suit actually help with anything fishing related? Anyone able to provide sources?

I also do not see how adding any slayers would help this item. A fishing pole isn't a ranged item and doesn't work as a spellbook so adding a slayer doesn't do anything for it unless you are going to melee with it.

My opinion is that this this item should be limited to fishing and how it currently is setup. My best guess would be:

SC (no -1)
200 Luck (if it actually helps with fishing - if not no luck)
+X to bait strength

That's all. I don't think this fishing pole should really blow the doors off the other ones so that anyone who isn't using a vet reward fishing pole is sh.it outta luck. It's already removing the chance to get footwear which is a big perk (that's like unlimited junk proof right?). The only other properties it really needs would be SC for mages to keep equipped when killing a sea serpent and some additional help with rare fish.

By the way any idea what this alchemist's abomination is? Is it the Vorp bunny with a different name?
When you summon it it says vorpal bunny (because that's what currently spawns on Prod) but if you look at it it's a mini abomination bunny. Basically they just reskinned the vorpal bunny with the abomination image (loot / HP / etc all are the same as vorp bunny). I don't mind it.

View attachment 139802

My ranged guys do not need Str, or intel, 2 dex is not much.

The real question is, do you really need 50 of any dynamic champ drop? The answer is no. The boots are like almost every other dynamic champ drop where they will only be used for certain toons. Are you going to ditch minax sandals for them? Doubt it.

These will sell to some PvPers depending on how their suit is setup because every template wants to max every stat. If they don't need Anon's boots (10 DCI) these boots would make sense for some.

I think that +2 HP/Stam/Mana would have been better but these aren't bad. Like I said these won't work for every toon but they should do well for any warrior that doesn't need 210+ stam (ie need max stam [boots of escaping]). As gwen mentioned these boots are +6 stats which is actually better than the boots of escaping if your toon's suit has room.

@Pawain - you say your mage doesn't need str/dex which makes sense but you are looking at the stats the wrong way. Depends on your suit (can't already have 150 int) but you can use these boots and gain +6 int/mana by dropping your str -2 and dex -2 to add into int. The net result would be your str/dex are the same as they were before you put the boots on but now you have +6 mana.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
@Keven2002 Fishing uses luck when doing SOS messages or dredging hook. But fishing (especially in open sea) is activity where you can put all your luck items on (including cursed luck sweater) and don't afraid to loose it. Can have no LRC , since you have whole cargo hold to store reagents. Mobs are very weak. Apart from 120 in fishing you have 600 real skill points to allocate to kill serpent or kraken.
Or you can just stack 18 HP regen on suit and continue fishing , mobs will feel tired and swim away after a while.
So more luck on Vet reward that you can possibly get on crafted one -I don't like the idea.
Spell channel - ok , even we have crafted sc pole or Xenrr one (via fishing quest in Underworld).
For me as Fisher this pole will not make any bad. As for crafter - it make carpenter BOD even less usefull. Fishing pole is one thing I make LBODs for.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with this. The fishing pole does not need 300 luck. That turns a vet reward into a best in slot(s) piece for all chars running luck suits. Do people go fishing in their luck suits? Does a luck suit actually help with anything fishing related? Anyone able to provide sources?

I also do not see how adding any slayers would help this item. A fishing pole isn't a ranged item and doesn't work as a spellbook so adding a slayer doesn't do anything for it unless you are going to melee with it.

My opinion is that this this item should be limited to fishing and how it currently is setup. My best guess would be:

SC (no -1)
200 Luck (if it actually helps with fishing - if not no luck)
+X to bait strength

That's all. I don't think this fishing pole should really blow the doors off the other ones so that anyone who isn't using a vet reward fishing pole is sh.it outta luck. It's already removing the chance to get footwear which is a big perk (that's like unlimited junk proof right?). The only other properties it really needs would be SC for mages to keep equipped when killing a sea serpent and some additional help with rare fish.

When you summon it it says vorpal bunny (because that's what currently spawns on Prod) but if you look at it it's a mini abomination bunny. Basically they just reskinned the vorpal bunny with the abomination image (loot / HP / etc all are the same as vorp bunny). I don't mind it.

The real question is, do you really need 50 of any dynamic champ drop? The answer is no. The boots are like almost every other dynamic champ drop where they will only be used for certain toons. Are you going to ditch minax sandals for them? Doubt it.

These will sell to some PvPers depending on how their suit is setup because every template wants to max every stat. If they don't need Anon's boots (10 DCI) these boots would make sense for some.

I think that +2 HP/Stam/Mana would have been better but these aren't bad. Like I said these won't work for every toon but they should do well for any warrior that doesn't need 210+ stam (ie need max stam [boots of escaping]). As gwen mentioned these boots are +6 stats which is actually better than the boots of escaping if your toon's suit has room.

@Pawain - you say your mage doesn't need str/dex which makes sense but you are looking at the stats the wrong way. Depends on your suit (can't already have 150 int) but you can use these boots and gain +6 int/mana by dropping your str -2 and dex -2 to add into int. The net result would be your str/dex are the same as they were before you put the boots on but now you have +6 mana.
I'm often told not to offer my opinions on sampire or pvp or anything you don't believe i do so how about you and paddy cakes stop discussing fishing poles

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Does magery Mastery pet jumps on that ledges with stuck mobs in new champ spawn or it will be stuck there as well ?
Or it is a job for archers/thrower only ?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so people are selling green thorns 100 for 20 mil on pac already i hope everyone is growing them on there shards

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
20 Mil??

*sighs*