• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vesper Lighthouse

Malta

Adventurer
Governor
UNLEASHED
Hail and well met, Sosarians!

I am Malta, Duke of Vesper, and I would like to announce the opening of the Vesper Lighthouse! Located at the starting point of new travelers who chose Vesper to begin their adventures, the Vesper Lighthouse is not only a beacon in the night for seafarers, but a nice place of respite for any wary traveler. Young aspiring craftsmen may take advantage of any of our public power tools, and adventurers may repair their armor and weapons for free from our repair bench. For those with a green thumb, we also have a free seed box.
There's so much more to do here, including exploring the 4 floors of curiosities. Please be mindful of the front courtyard area, however, as it does serve as a working Customs House.
We can't wait to see you there, and feel free to leave a message on our bulletin board by the front door.

Lighthouse.jpg

Vesper Lighthouse is located just inside the guard zone in Southwest Vesper, 52.50'N 102.43'E Trammel

Workshop.jpg

Power tools include:
1st floor kitchen area: BBQ Smoker
2nd floor workshop: Blacksmith Press, Glass Kiln, Spinning Lathe and Woodworker's Bench, Tinker Bench and Gadgetry Table, Fletching Table, Enchanted Scultpture, Sewing Machine, Repair Bench, Alchemy Station, and public Seed Box
3rd floor Library: Enchanted Writing Desk
All are free to use, with tools added when needed. Donations of tools, seeds, or repair deeds gladly accepted, and any helpful advice is appreciated.
A public commodity deed box is located in the workshop, with plans for cheap resource vendors next door.

Last edited:

Malta

Adventurer
Governor
UNLEASHED
Update:
I have made the commodities deed box open to anyone, and added a vendor with some basic crafting consumables. That way commodity deeds can be cashed in if needed onsite and aspiring craftsmen can get right to training.

When I joined UO in 2002, my first character was a blacksmith, and I knew nothing of smithing! I did, however, enjoy the rhythmic sound of a pick-axe digging ore from the side of a mountain, and the solitude afforded much reflective contemplation. One day while mining near Covetous I encountered a green robed fellow named Grandal. He took me under his wing and showed me what he knew about mining, lumber-jacking, and smithing. We became fast friends, and that became the beginning of the United Labour (UL) guild. We weren't good at much fighting, but we had a great time doing even the most mundane things. I offer my home and my knowledge in memory of the United Labour Guild. Long live the green robes!

Update:
I have made the commodities deed box open to anyone, and added a vendor with some basic crafting consumables. That way commodity deeds can be cashed in if needed onsite and aspiring craftsmen can get right to training.

When I joined UO in 2002, my first character was a blacksmith, and I knew nothing of smithing! I did, however, enjoy the rhythmic sound of a pick-axe digging ore from the side of a mountain, and the solitude afforded much reflective contemplation. One day while mining near Covetous I encountered a green robed fellow named Grandal. He took me under his wing and showed me what he knew about mining, lumber-jacking, and smithing. We became fast friends, and that became the beginning of the United Labour (UL) guild. We weren't good at much fighting, but we had a great time doing even the most mundane things. I offer my home and my knowledge in memory of the United Labour Guild. Long live the green robes!
I remember United Labour... used to have a guild website. Welcome back!