• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Very Near the End

Is the game at a potential point to be closed down?

• Total voters

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Reading this thread is actually kinda disheartening.

This chap is clearly a long term player and is evidently passionate about the game. I don't personally agree with this feelings about PvP and such, but this is a discussion forum about the game so I respect him taking the time to come on here to voice his opinion.

I'd guess the average age of members on this forum is in the 40s or even 50s. If you're fed up of the topic then don't click on the thread. Posting a bunch of memes just to troll the guy is pretty tacky.

SwordofExcalibur

One of the last Rangers of Skara Brae
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I voted yes because I like to support an underdog.

But I wish someone would post a thread about whether the game is going to close or not. I haven't seen one in ages.

BBL in a few months! *Goes back to PVP on Elder Scrolls Online.*

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I voted yes because I like to support an underdog.

But I wish someone would post a thread about whether the game is going to close or not. I haven't seen one in ages.

BBL in a few months! *Goes back to PVP on Elder Scrolls Online.*
No sire..UO is NOT closing..As long as there are players exploring both old and new content with a sense of accomplishment from as mundane things as discovering taming and crafting...It will go on but here in Stratics we debate and theorycraft the future of this game. As long as there are Devs willing to accept new ideas from Seasoned Vets, lovers of this game.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
we need the old age expansion cuz uo is going to out live us all !!!!!

Coming this Spring UO's Age of Dementia!

features include:
  • Ear and Nose hair options
  • New hair style: The comb over
  • Eye glasses
  • Large Print Spellbooks
  • Daily potion sorter (available in AM/PM version as well)
  • New macros with pre-loaded phrases such "Get off'n mah lawn!!" "has anyone seen my glasses" and "I've fallen and I can't get up"
  • Electric scooter Etherial mount
All this and more for only $9.99. (Special preorder gift of a life-alert button)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Reading this thread is actually kinda disheartening.

This chap is clearly a long term player and is evidently passionate about the game. I don't personally agree with this feelings about PvP and such, but this is a discussion forum about the game so I respect him taking the time to come on here to voice his opinion.

I'd guess the average age of members on this forum is in the 40s or even 50s. If you're fed up of the topic then don't click on the thread. Posting a bunch of memes just to troll the guy is pretty tacky.

Well, Jolt... I disagree. I have read every post this cat has made. I am kinda twisted like that. I feel this is a troll account. I could be wrong... that has occurred on occasion.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

features include:
  • Eye glasses
  • Large Print Spellbooks
  • New macros with pre-loaded phrases such "Get off'n mah lawn!!" "has anyone seen my glasses" and "I've fallen and I can't get up"
All this and more for only $9.99. (Special preorder gift of a life-alert button)

You forgot customizable waist line.

- six pack
- slim
- portly
- beer belly
- can't see my ****

A Cat

Visitor
Well, Jolt... I disagree. I have read every post this cat has made. I am kinda twisted like that. I feel this is a troll account. I could be wrong... that has occurred on occasion.
You are a troll. Plain and simple. A troll who's been allowed to skirt the rules for a very long time. You've contributed nothing to this thread. You act like your post count gives you some magical insight that doesn't require you to argue a single point. Why not just skip posting and move along?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are a troll. Plain and simple. A troll who's been allowed to skirt the rules for a very long time. You've contributed nothing to this thread. You act like your post count gives you some magical insight that doesn't require you to argue a single point. Why not just skip posting and move along?
Agree with Frog. Looks like UO is the best you can find right now since you hang around. Either contribute by posting the specific things that need changed that use UO lore or move on. :next:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Looks like one of these times when you are wrong though. We tend to believe what we would like to believe sadly, and our mind is closed to the facts. The game in GL is nowhere what it was a few months ago. Looks more and more abandoned but not dying. But are you thinking straight about the other facts that he is mentioning? But its ok Kelmo, we all make mistakes..Calling some1 a troll does not solve problems. I am not all that sure he is a troll..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Agree with Frog. Looks like UO is the best you can find right now since you hang around. Either contribute by posting the specific things that need changed that use UO lore or move on. :next:
He did @Pawain. So did the others that are about ready to move on, sadly. But I will stick with good old UO till the lights go out, regardless. A masochist..lol.:pancakes:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He did @Pawain. So did the others that are about ready to move on, sadly. But I will stick with good old UO till the lights go out, regardless. A masochist..lol.:pancakes:
Maybe you missed the title of the thread.
Very Near the End
How does that provide anything to devs to work with? They know the population is as low as it has ever been. This is just like when I am on LS chatting on Gen chat with 4 others, with 20 guildies on, we are doing a community hunt with 8 others, and some jack wagon that we have never heard before gets on Gen chat and proclaims the shard is dead! We do not respond and hope the negative energy goes away fast. Actually I sometimes respond and tell them to quicken their departure.
This is also a time of year that many take a break from UO.

This poster came from the other forum spouting his BS there before he came here.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yeop. Looks like he may have been booted from the "uo forum" since the Devs did not want to listen to what he was saying. But the points he raises (other than uo is dead), may be valid? Regardless. Nothing will ever happen, as Devs have earwax, and pre-determined ideas about the game in these regards..lol. Its just painful to log on to see no other players in most shards. Makes you a little nostalgic and anxious.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeop. Looks like he may have been booted from the "uo forum" since the Devs did not want to listen to what he was saying. But the points he raises (other than uo is dead), may be valid? Regardless. Nothing will ever happen, as Devs have earwax, and pre-determined ideas about the game in these regards..lol. Its just painful to log on to see no other players in most shards. Makes you a little nostalgic and anxious.
Shows you what you know as he is still posting his BS Trolls. He quit because he got killed trying to do champ spawns and for some one that says he has been here from day one off and on to quit over this is nothing but a TROLL. PKers have been in the game from day one and to whine and stomp his little feet over it after 20 years is total crap and you know it. Do I hate PKs, hell yes, do I go where they are at and then come here and cry about it when they kill me and say I am quitting because of it, NO. Tram was put into UO for a reason if you do not want to die from a fellow player then stay the hell out of FEL, is that so hard to understand.

Jolt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just because someone posts a view that you don't agree with it doesn't make them a troll...

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran

features include:
  • Eye glasses
  • Large Print Spellbooks
I almost pixxed myself luaghing reading your post, so I think they should add the "Arcane Diapers of Incontinence" in the UO Store...:D

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As far as Champ spawns go, I do Rikktor solo all the time on my shard. I've never been raided there. It's a boss that pvp spec's can't kill so they avoid it 99% of the time. They like the easy choices. Also I think this game is really hard for new and returning players. The economy essentially exists on Atlantic. And if you don't have a way to get back and forth between Atlantic and your home shard you are basically screwed. They should give players the option to purchase shard transfer shields from the UO store in game. Having to wait 10+ years or more for the vet reward just isn't a realistic option anymore with the age of this game.

Last edited:

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Despise isn't to bad either. Most with pvp spec's can't kill alone and only pop in to check progression of spawn for obvious reasons.

Keep putzing and have a good day.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Why did you revive a year old thread about some people boohooing?

UO doesn't cost anything to run annually, under 1m with salaries and infrastructure and RELIABLY will net low to mid 7 figures. Cash cow, not a shiny one, but a reliable one, the best one

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They revived a thread about the game closing to talk about champ spawns?

I think the OP quit before they posted. So they aint coming back...

And the game lasted another year after the prediction of closing soon. HA OP we had fun and you didn't!