• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

VERY low FPS...?

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello i found/tried your game yesterday i first tried in the web player and was getting 3-5fps. naturaly this is unplayable but was able to see enough to decide i liked the game. so i tried downloading the client thinking/hoping this would help.... i loaded the client and am again getting 3-6fps... i had tried (in both version) changing the grafix settings to fastest and lowest resolution and going into advanced and changing settings for trees/grass neither of them helping.

then after some searching and asking in game i was directed to a thread made my Qyra so tried it and it had zero effect aswell.

i know my comp is rather low end.. :( (sucks i'm poor can only work with what i got) but i have played MANY MANY MANY other games (browser and client) even many other unity3d games. and usualy i'm able to multi log and run multiple windows of them at the same time aswell as be on other sites such as FB and stuff.... all without any trouble..

so yeah makes no since that i cant even run 1 instance of this game at a playable speed

someone that was trying to help me (the person who told me about the game) sent me this lastnight..
"i was talking to a friend bout this. She is a network engineer. She seems to think gorgon prolly isnt optimized for amd"

is this the case? as i'm running amd 2.7ghz with 6g ram.

any suggestions? i'ld REALLY love to play your game!! haha sounds exactly like what i've been looking for for sooo long now.

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
DXdiag uploaded upon request.

like i said i know my comp isn't great so would just assume it's unplayable by my comp but the fact i play MANY other games usualy multilogged in them without problem makes me think it's not just my comp making it so i cant run just 1 instance of this with everything else closed.

Attachments

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UPDATE: my laptop only has 2.3ghz processor and 4g of ram and will run the game at 30-40fps on fantastic settings...

hope something can be done to get it to work on desktop and if there is anything anyone can suggest that I do/try pls let me know :)

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
OH forgot also on desktop I noticed it always has the little hourglass icon I mouse over it and it says "downloading background object (performance my be reduced) 5 remaining" so seems there is 5 things that atleasgt one of is having trouble loading and that might be causing the issue. it doesn't do that on the laptop it gets the icon while things are loading and my fps is low then but they load and my fps jumps up to normal speeds

Citan

Project: Gorgon Developer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hm, I'm not sure. We haven't tested to find the low end of what cards can handle the game yet, so I honestly don't know if it can play the game or not! But before giving up on it, there's some things to try. It may be that a GUI bug is slowing things down by constantly generating errors. I've gotten some complaints of that recently and I'm still tracking it down. Try this:

- In Options, under graphics options, make sure you have it set to "Fastest", and uncheck the box labeled something like "auto-increase graphics quality".
- Close all open GUI windows (like pet window, inventory, etc.), then quit the game back to desktop
- Log back in, close the Options window, and wait for the hourglass to leave. Don't open any GUI windows in the mean time. See if your framerate improves.
- If the hourglass doesn't leave after several minutes, there may be a problem downloading. Press Ctrl+Shift+numpad * (that is, the asterisk key on your num pad) to view the debug log, and see if it has errors that look suspicious. (There's also a text file of all that logging, called output_log.txt, saved in the directory where the game executable was downloaded to. That'd be an AppData directory, but the exact directory I'm not sure of... I'm on my mac at the moment. Ideally if you can find that and paste it here, that would help a lot.)

- Lastly, if you can get to Eltibule, the next overland area, it has a different graphics setup and it might be useful to know how it performs there. (This issue didn't show up in the tutorial cave, I'm assuming, right?)

Thanks!

awollsd

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
in tutorial cave it ran at a low framerate but was playable it wasn't until I left the cave it became totally unplayable. although I had went to the crypt on my laptop it had later overheated (it does that sometimes....) so went ahead and got back on the desktop and while in crypt I was getting like 15-20fps and the hourglass icon left so everything actualy fully loaded.

here's the output_log file.

Attachments

kiwicupcake

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
We seem to have the same low fps issues. This is the thread I created. I hope some of the things I've done so far helped you! I'm still having the issues though. I also have that hourglass problem! My game always has two items that need to be loaded, but never load.

Last edited: