• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Verite Hammers... What to do with 'em?!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all,

I recently got 3x Verite hammers from an IDOC, and during a chat on Europa general someone stated that they can produce ideal weapons... someone else mentioned they thought you could also do armour with them too, and as I eventually want to sit down and equip a Sampire, I was tempted to use them rather than sell as I had planned. However I've never owned a hammer this mighty before, so I'm a little nervous about using them! Also my crafter is so far only at 106 Real Smithing / GM Arms Lore, so that makes me cautious too... could some more experienced hammer whackers give me an idea about how likely it is to gain something well worth while from Verites please?

J

[JD]

well, im 109 smithing and been using dc runic hammers to try to make some nice exceptional red dragonscale for my sampire to imbue. and there has been a lot of waste. thats such a nice hammer, i'd put it away until you were legendary and have a nice talisman. or only make stuff which is so low in skill required you can succeed easily.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I burned 4 last weeek as they wernt selling on my vendor for weeks, i made wepons and got absolutly nothing worth keeping.

Iv burned lots of val and verite making armour and seem to get better items doing armour than wepons (the SE armour that has mage property as standard).
But then even in about 20 hammers iv had 5 bits worth keeping, but that was before SA. I usually find aswell if i dont get a good piece ill only get 500k-1mill for the ok parts so it works out just getting the cost of your hammer back (again this was before SA).

Thunderz

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TBH after imbueing came along high end runics are no longer as usefull anymore. I burned through a number and found I can imbue much better armour and weapons from scratch and add on what I want. Or use low end runics DC and shadow to get certain properties first to save on resources.

I would spam the luna bank if you dont have a vendor and try and get 10 million to 12 million each. Then use the gold to buy a 120 imbueing scroll and ingrediants for imbueing.

Or you can just put them aside and hope that down the road the powers to be will make them more usefull again. Such as having a chance to place certain properties on weapons or armour that can not be placed by the imbuing method currently.

Sad really when I obtained my first valorite hammer many years ago it was one of the first on my shard. Definately alot of work and time went into obtaining one and had alot of bragging rights. Oh well.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replies so far... I don't have an Imbuer yet, but I'm debating getting one... it may have to wait until I either buy more Soulstones, or get the 6th & 7th character slot as I don't yet have room for it on any characters. I did wonder about the hammers though, especially as there's a completed Valorite Exceptional 20 LBOD locked down for display in Europa Luna; the bragging rights are obviously worth more than the material reward for it!

They tend to go for 8 million on Europa Luna vendors, and I hope to get a second free one soon, so I may indeed sell them... but I've not decided yet, as I really would prefer to craft my own gear for roleplay reasons, *sigh* I hate my AoS crafter largely being idle except for BODing.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play on Europa also:). Umm I have a Valorite complete 15 piece except plate set on display in my trammel house. It's worth more to me as a show piece then to actually turn it in

Also I have found imbuing to add a new and enjoyable aspect of the game for me. It's kept my interest going along with the new abyss dungeon. Obtaining the ingrediants and figuring out where they are and how to survive the adventure is part of the fun. If you belong to a guild, I'm sure some guild members can give you some pointers along with helping you with acquiring the materials.

J

[JD]

the 7 char slot upgrade is worth it. i did it plus the bank size enhancement and its been really nice.

also the rng to generate useful items sucks, but runics are nice as they will never be worn out.