• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vendor but No House

Deschet

Journeyman
What are my options? Looking to establish some vendors on shards where I don't have a house. Read up on Vendor Rental Contracts. Is that the only way?

Thanks in Advance

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
And because of vendor fees, any high-value items would still probably need to be spammed in chat or posted on the forums.

mihali

Sage
Agree, that is a little sad : There are games out there that have have an option to have a "consignment vendor store" that anyone can put thing for sale for a fee, but these games do not compare to UO, as UO is far better in many other respects.

Deschet

Journeyman
And because of vendor fees, any high-value items would still probably need to be spammed in chat or posted on the forums.
Been running a commission vendor on LS for a while, but never a 'standard' vendor. Tested it on LS this morning, and you are correct, the fees are crazy. I wouldn't mind paying the daily rate (60/day), or even slightly more, but the way it is now is unreasonable. Once the item sells, then take your cut... they should make commission vendors an option for rental contracts.

mihali

Sage
they should make commission vendors an option for rental contracts.
That would not work as things are now, since commission vendor items take out house storage. Unless they change that so house storage is not counted for commission vendor items. I doubt that this (penalty) will ever be removed.