• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Velocity and AI?

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this is the first time I've tested an archer in pvp. Is the damage from velocity included with the direct damage from AI?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this is the first time I've tested an archer in pvp. Is the damage from velocity included with the direct damage from AI?
No. It's added on top of the AI damage as well as hit lighting or fireball. This is why people often refering to archer's OP 50+ in one shot (and yes its prefectly doable). Dual proc dismount from heavy and dual proc AI is the heaviest hitting special moves in the entire game rightnow.

At 10 tile distance velocity can hit for 7 to 8 damage against 70 resist.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. It's added on top of the AI damage as well as hit lighting or fireball. This is why people often refering to archer's OP 50+ in one shot (and yes its prefectly doable). Dual proc dismount from heavy and dual proc AI is the heaviest hitting special moves in the entire game rightnow.

At 10 tile distance velocity can hit for 7 to 8 damage against 70 resist.
Wait.

So if the velocity damage at 10 tiles away ignores armor it should do 10 extra damage (0% of 10 blocked).

If the velocity damage doesn't ignore armor, against 70 resist, it should do 3 damage at 10 tiles away (70% of 10 blocked).

7-8 damage comes from...?

(I may not have worded the original question correctly.)

?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait.

So if the velocity damage at 10 tiles away ignores armor it should do 10 extra damage (0% of 10 blocked).

If the velocity damage doesn't ignore armor, against 70 resist, it should do 3 damage at 10 tiles away (70% of 10 blocked).

7-8 damage comes from...?

(I may not have worded the original question correctly.)

?
Because the base damage of velocity is not 1 per tile... its approximately 1 damage per tile AFTER armor.

Dont just "read" you should try it. My velocity hits coon for 12-15 btw

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eh, here's the description from uoguide:

Velocity is a property found on certain bows that was introduced with the Mondain's Legacy expansion. It can be described as a reverse of the Harm spell. For every tile away your opponent is, +1 damage is added if a shot hits with Velocity. So if you opponent is 2 tiles away they can be hit with 2 extra damage from a Velocity strike.
And here's the one from stratics:

Velocity is a damage modifier found on some bows.
physical damage is added for each tile between the attacker and the target when the arrow strikes (#tiles x3 - max 30 points), if the property is triggered.
Stratics makes it sounds more like what you're talking about where it's not just 1 tile = 1 damage. It sounds like at 10 tiles, it's 30 additional physical damage. Because they give it a type, it's definitely effected by resists (?). I doubt that 30 points of additional damage will also be Armor Ignored.

Guess I'll have to go on test one of these days and see for myself. Only way to be sure.

:spider:

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt really check any info on this and the number I told you was purely from top of my head from years ago.

Velocity IS resistible physical damage.
At 10 tile (according to the formula that you found) velocity will add 30 base phyical damage to the shot. Which is 9 damage vs capped out all 70 resist.

The funny thing is I worded it as "its approximately 1 damage per tile AFTER armor" seems to be shockingly close to the official formula.

Again as you can see (and many archer-only players refuse to admit) at 10 tile range an AI with velocity proc will deal out at very least 44 damage. Hit lighting usually hit for 7-9 damage or 8-10 with 15sdi (yes SDI works).

So assuming you have 50 lighting and velocity on your composite.
On a 10-tile successful Armor Ignore shot you have...
25% to deal 35 + 8 = 43 (proc lighting only)
25% to deal 35 + 9 = 44 (proc velocity only)
25% to deal 35 direct damage and
25% chance to deal 35+ 8 + 9 = 52 (dual proc)

So the myth of archers cant deal out heavy damage is BS.

Also
Moving shot with max DI with heavy and dual proc produce 45+ damage moving shot on a full run.

Dismount shot will do the moving shot damage above + 5-10 dislodged bonus damage.

There we just proved that again archers is the hardest hitting temp in the entire UO (and burst damage wins PvP =) )

In case you are curious the heaviest hitting single shot is a quad-proc double shot from a Yumi. In reality assuming if both of your instant shot lands you are looking at 6.25% chance to deal out (on average) 21+21+9+9+8+8 = 76 damage to full 70s...

For the heck of it I calculated max possible damage in one double shot while caps out at 24+24+9+9+12+12 = 90 in one hit (this is with 150int gm inscribe and 15sdi)

And if a mage is going to run magic reflect post patch which gives em -10 to physical cap making it a whooping damage of...

31+31+12+12+12+12 = 110 to 60physical rest 70 opponent.

And sorry I forgot to include the quiver 10% bonus damage. But you get the idea.

Archer has very impressive damage. You cant go wrong going the archery route on your dexer. And after patch which comes in a nerf to spell plague if you run resist on your archer.

Enjoy ~~~~

L

longshanks

I didnt really check any info on this and the number I told you was purely from top of my head from years ago.

Velocity IS resistible physical damage.
At 10 tile (according to the formula that you found) velocity will add 30 base phyical damage to the shot. Which is 9 damage vs capped out all 70 resist.

The funny thing is I worded it as "its approximately 1 damage per tile AFTER armor" seems to be shockingly close to the official formula.

Again as you can see (and many archer-only players refuse to admit) at 10 tile range an AI with velocity proc will deal out at very least 44 damage. Hit lighting usually hit for 7-9 damage or 8-10 with 15sdi (yes SDI works).

So assuming you have 50 lighting and velocity on your composite.
On a 10-tile successful Armor Ignore shot you have...
25% to deal 35 + 8 = 43 (proc lighting only)
25% to deal 35 + 9 = 44 (proc velocity only)
25% to deal 35 direct damage and
25% chance to deal 35+ 8 + 9 = 52 (dual proc)

So the myth of archers cant deal out heavy damage is BS.

Also
Moving shot with max DI with heavy and dual proc produce 45+ damage moving shot on a full run.

Dismount shot will do the moving shot damage above + 5-10 dislodged bonus damage.

There we just proved that again archers is the hardest hitting temp in the entire UO (and burst damage wins PvP =) )

In case you are curious the heaviest hitting single shot is a quad-proc double shot from a Yumi. In reality assuming if both of your instant shot lands you are looking at 6.25% chance to deal out (on average) 21+21+9+9+8+8 = 76 damage to full 70s...

For the heck of it I calculated max possible damage in one double shot while caps out at 24+24+9+9+12+12 = 90 in one hit (this is with 150int gm inscribe and 15sdi)

And if a mage is going to run magic reflect post patch which gives em -10 to physical cap making it a whooping damage of...

31+31+12+12+12+12 = 110 to 60physical rest 70 opponent.

And sorry I forgot to include the quiver 10% bonus damage. But you get the idea.

Archer has very impressive damage. You cant go wrong going the archery route on your dexer. And after patch which comes in a nerf to spell plague if you run resist on your archer.

Enjoy ~~~~
war,

i wanted to revive this thread. im making an archer at the moment and was intrigued by adding sdi to the build going by what u said.

question: what is a quad-proc double shot from a Yumi?

if imbuing this weapon what does it need to look like?

thanks.