• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] "Vanquishing Scimitar"

M

Maris

I am trying to get information on this piece. From what i have read, it is a pre-AoS item. I have found that the 'Vanquishing' tag should have been removed and replaced with 35% Damage Increase. I would appreciate any help in identifying this piece!!

Thanks a ton!!

C

Chiera

to me this looks like an old invasion drop, where mystic, vanquishing and power weapons dropped. IIRC there have been several invasions where those dropped. Despise invasion comes to mind, the ophidian invasion as well I believe.
The pre AOS pieces used to have tags like 'supremely accurate scimitar of vanquishing' and the like before AOS. And in now way they would have properties like HLL or HML after the conversion. These simply didn't exist before AOS.
So no, for me this looks like a rather common item. It's rare in the sense that it doesn't drop atm.

V

Vaneca

Yes, this should be from invasion. Most likeley from one of the last ones... But you can´t tell for sure.

The old weapon style, pre Aos, was changed and they do not carry the name anymore. Depending on what level they´ve been the damage increase varies. Durability xx% and HCI is a good indicator of pre AoS weapons. Hit Spell Curses like weaken or Clumsy or even Paralyze too.

S

S.W.A.T

If it was a Pre-Aos Vanqish weapon, it would still have those ['s].
Like A Scimitar [Vanquishing/Indestructible/Supreme Accurary]
=]

R

RichDC

I have many pre aos vanquishing and they dont have any tag, they simply have the mod of Vanq (35%DI), whatever accuracy (maxing at i believe 10%hci as low as 2%) undead slayer (silvery) 100%durability (indestructable) and paralyse/curse (mage spell charges)

S

Sweety

Don't those still spawn in treasure chests? or am i thinking of magic wands?

C

Chiera

it's magic wands that spawn on chests. It would rather surprise me if power/vanq/mystic weapons would now spawn on treasure chests. But tbh it's been a while since I last dug one up ;)

M

Maris

is it for sell?
yes it is for sale, i am sorry for the late response, my job is changing a lot lately. I am selling everything off and quitting UO. My house is located just northwest of the brit moongate if you want to see it locked down on the floor.