• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vanishing Paroxysmus' Swamp Dragon

Maybe you can ask the same people here in this forum that are buddy buddy with Mesanna to fix. Remember couple people here complained about the force loaded luna houses and mesanna fixed right away, this is just like real life, it is about the people that you know that know people in the right places. OFC we all pay the same $ month to month, but there is always those that are friend with the devs, that get special favors.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Maybe you can ask the same people here in this forum that are buddy buddy with Mesanna to fix. Remember couple people here complained about the force loaded luna houses and mesanna fixed right away, this is just like real life, it is about the people that you know that know people in the right places. OFC we all pay the same $ month to month, but there is always those that are friend with the devs, that get special favors.
isn't this post non-conducive to building a positive community here at stratics?

NinjaSampire

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am sure this is not the solution or maybe not the cause. I lost my grizzled mare after I trained it when this tamer revamp had gone live. I had died and tried the log out/log in deal. When i logged in the animal count was still showing that it was following me. I went to the stables tried to claim the pet and it was not listed. I then logged out and in again and the beast was gone. My conspiracy theory is that when you log out/in the pet gets cached initially, but because it dies during that process the game views it as a release some how and ends up a sacrifice to the sosarian gods. Since this happened I do not try to do the log out/in deal when using pets from a statue. I have no idea if this is it, but have not lost one since.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i wonder if were going about this the wrong way. how sure are we that this 'bug' isn't a scam or exploit of some kind?

let's start with this: have all the instances of loss occurred when it was utterly impossible for someone else to be around? (like say have they all occurred on solo instanced raids?) or have they occurred when other players either were around or could have been?

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Any chance this is what is occurring?

Prior to Publish 52, a bug existed where dragons "summoned" by activating the statuette could be dispeled (permanently!). Unfortunately, this still applies to all such dragons obtained prior to that publish.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wait wait wait

there are people in here blaming posters for making bugs that have gone unfixed for nearly a decade publicly known rather than blaming the devs for not fixing the ****?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
wait wait wait

there are people in here blaming posters for making bugs that have gone unfixed for nearly a decade publicly known rather than blaming the devs for not fixing the ****?
Sad isn't it? And there are folk posting here saying that we should just accept the shoddy work put out by the DEVs as they are a small team blah, blah... just a bunch of excuses if you ask me.

I run an entire laboratory... when I work I do it all by myself... I adhere to strict guidelines... I work to ensure accuracy and precision in my work... from drawing the patient to running the tests... there is no room for errors and no time for putzing about ... peoples lives depend on me doing a good job... each and every day. I expect that of others. Maybe that's me but I do... in everything you do you should do it as though it were a representation of you and your life. Putting out something that is "incomplete" or misspelled sends messages to those who see that work, who use it and who pay for it...

I would hate to think that anyone thought my work was less than the best... but yet I'm to accept stuff from this team that supposedly "loves" UO as much as I do... but with each and every publish there are blemishes that just never go away... the latest stuff not only has misspellings, but a once fixed bug is back... now the beacons still fire on you when near the shore and that to me is unacceptable.

They say they care... Bleak even came to see where my pet went wild for no reason at all... but the problems are still there... this paroxy problem has been around for ages... when Tritons were released I was actually rather pissed that they come in a statuette form... this just says yeah... I want these to poof on you and never have a chance to replace them... because it's a known bug...

but you are supposed to just accept this because it's a small team. Well, I don't...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when Tritons were released I was actually rather pissed that they come in a statuette form... this just says yeah... I want these to poof on you and never have a chance to replace them... because it's a known bug...
When Tritons will start too going "POOF"..... we'll hear the screams....

Paroxysmus Swamp Dragons, given their expensiveness and difficulty to get, are not "that" widely used....

But lots of Tamers now have Tritons..... furthermore, on the Paroxysmus Swamp Dragon there is no Powerscrolls applied, on Tritons yes, and they can come very expensive.... not to mention, all of the time invested in training them up....

I think that as soon as Tritons will start going "Poof", we'll hear it.........

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Paroxysmus Swamp Dragons, given their expensiveness and difficulty to get, are not "that" widely used...."

ok...only 99% of all sampires ride them...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Paroxysmus Swamp Dragons, given their expensiveness and difficulty to get, are not "that" widely used...."

ok...only 99% of all sampires ride them...
Well, considering that it gives a 12% damage reduction while the regular swamp dragon can go up to 20% damage reduction with excptional crafted barding, I'd say that the regular swamp dragon would be a better option, wouldn't it be ?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, considering that it gives a 12% damage reduction while the regular swamp dragon can go up to 20% damage reduction with excptional crafted barding, I'd say that the regular swamp dragon would be a better option, wouldn't it be ?
The trade off being never having to worry about your barding going "poof" mid battle... it's always there.