• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vanilla plant - Gardening

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfortunately, the loss of a friend's house costs me the most extensive seed library anyone could have. Never mind the loss of the HOUSE and in a really prime spot... and everything within it.

I was lucky to have a "seed vault" tucked away in the town Savings & Loan of all the basic plants and of all colors. Normally, I only grow "normal" color plants for sale. I did, however, have 3 "mutant" plants in all possible colors. I honestly cant remember what 2 of them were... but the most important was Vanilla.

Unfortunately, UOGuide did not seam to ever update this. (If it did, I cant find it.) This would fall in to "group 5" and spawn naturally on Exodus Minions and Overseers. They are really hard on pets!

BUT... my question is... what crosses to magically produce the seeds via the known common plants?

Merth

Journeyman
I cant answer but I can tell you the UOguide is not entirely accurate. I have only killed ant lions and kappas from the pecuilar seed list and so far i have gotten...vanilla, twisted cypress, hops, cocoa, hedge, juniper bush, and snowdrops. Also a rare bonsai.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These new oddities are available through cross-breeding, but not quite in the same manner as the previous oddities. The colored vanilla plants are completely random, just like the black and white mutations, through cross pollination of any colored versions of the barrel cactus, prickly pear cactus or tri-barrel cactus.
When harvesting your seeds the name will not display the color, only that it is A Vanilla Seed. The colored vanilla does not provide any resources, nor does it provide the ability for pollination.

If you would like to obtain a full collection of the colored plants and seeds you must either go through the random crossing of the cactus varieties or find someone that is selling/trading their seeds.

This is totally insane! Is it true? Could simply grow and cross a million times a million and never see them this way.

At least I know the other one I got was that Spider tree. Still no clue why anyone would want them... BUT... I'm trying to build my collection back.

Dreading to ask... Does anyone have the vanilla collection willing to share 1 seed of each color?