• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vanguard Greed brings out the exploiters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a 10 year on and off veteran of UO. I've been rich since UO:R came out. I think its funny that some folks never learned how to be rich in UO and accuse everyone of unfair play if they are rich.
I play on a Mac. I emulate windows. I couldn't use a script program if I wanted to. The lag i get from playing is pretty intense, and I don't believe any program would ever work with UO for me except UOA which has its short comings as a result of my emulating windows.
Because you haven't? Thats not my problem. Yes I picked up a lot of those bods across the shards, especially during my every single shard tour of UO when char xfer tokens were dirt cheap. Frankly, if you don't know how rich IDOCers and rares collectors are then I don't believe you play UO.
and your opinion is grounds for accusing me of being a liar or a cheater? sweet deal. I chose neither and never will cheat.

I do huh? I think you're just argumentative. prove me wrong. Thats the entire foundation of your replies to me.
I don't chastize scripters. Frankly I don't care what they do. They produce resources for dirt cheap on the open market. That is their prerogative and it has very little impact on me, except maybe to make things I buy cheaper in game.
I sell my gold via advertising in game. if it is against the rules, nobody has ever cared enough to stop me. I prefer not to pay for MMOs and thus I let this one pay for itself(and a new ipod)
Where have I preached fair play, where have i cared if others practice it. Frankly, the rise of trammel has done nothing for me but make UO progressively into a single player game in which money randomly appears in my paypal account for me selling junk I get in game.
What are you ranting about? I am not one of the last true UO players? I refused to get UOA until after malas came out. I've never needed UOAM outside of guild events. Am I not a true UO player for not even using the approved 3rd party programs until they were absolutely necessary to playing or competing?

Yes, go to rants and flames. I'm not quite sure you even know who I am or ever heard of me until reading this thread as a result of your last post.
First, I too am a long time vet.

Second, I too have had several hammers but only one valorite hammer from BODs.

Third, I too have had my share of gold however I never broke the rules selling it for cash. (lol@u for saying you didnt know it was illegal...another reason for me to question your posts)

Forth, you can emulate scripting on a mac, especially if you are already emulating windows. (please dont tell me otherwise, 6 years in the IT field tells me otherwise)

Fifth, I was speaking of Hunter when it came to real UO players, and as one I will defend her through thick and thin from people making assumptions.

Seventh, I dont care who you are. What you have or how long you say you have played have no bearing on what I think of you as a UO player.

Eight, I do know you are a banned member under the guise of a new name.

Nine, backtracking only leads to others questioning the backtracker more.

Ten, take it to R&F as I asked you before.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First, I too am a long time vet.

Second, I too have had several hammers but only one valorite hammer from BODs.
thats nice.

Third, I too have had my share of gold however I never broke the rules selling it for cash. (lol@u for saying you didnt know it was illegal...another reason for me to question your posts)
where does it say you can't sell gold? You can't sell it via ebay. Thats fine, i never used ebay.

Forth, you can emulate scripting on a mac, especially if you are already emulating windows. (please dont tell me otherwise, 6 years in the IT field tells me otherwise)
you are in the it field. I'm a law student. Why would I have any experience in this field?

Fifth, I was speaking of Hunter when it came to real UO players, and as one I will defend her through thick and thin from people making assumptions.
Your defense was a thinly veiled personal attack.

Seventh, I dont care who you are. What you have or how long you say you have played have no bearing on what I think of you as a UO player.
okay new guy. Just keep attacking me and making claims as to things I supposedly said with no evidence of your claims.

Eight, I do know you are a banned member under the guise of a new name.
I've been banned once from UO. For luring spawn in deceit because a new guy came to the dungeon and felt that I should have to change my way of training resist. Apparently its unacceptable to run around with the 2 bone magi casting on you. He invis'd me and got himself whacked by the things 3 times. It was quite the outrageous ban and I hardly believe you were aware of this unless you've been naughty snooping things that aren't for you to see.

Nine, backtracking only leads to others questioning the backtracker more.
I've not back tracked. You have. You just keep making unfounded claims.

Ten, take it to R&F as I asked you before.
You are making flames and then demanding I leave this forum. Do you not see the irony here?

Is it rude of me to expect the burden of proof to be on the accuser? A guy made an outrageous exaggeration in a poorly worded post. I wanted to know more as players can't accurately report or turn in exploiters unless those who are aware of the exploiters explain what exactly one should be looking for in the behaviors in the exploiters. A journal screen shot or something would have been useful. Instead you choose to attack me and he refuses to post a screen shot of anything useful to exposing exploiters. he can edit out names and simply show us what exactly transpired.

Just saying that multiple vanguards were killed in under 3 minutes and a few people were using peacemaking gives nobody anything to look for. It sounds like a guy whining about not getting kills and ranting here since kill stealing isn't prohibited in UO.

G

galefan2004

Just amazed that I never seen a single person from this one guild using this method to power down vanguard until ohhhh wait points for the items come out. Just saw 2 peacer in wraith form spamming area peace and finished on vanguard after another in about 30 seconds......

WoW:thumbdown:

I mean exploits like that need to be totally fixed, all I saw the whole time was a steady spam of area peace message and before I know it they cleared cove. They cleaned out all 6 cities in ummm 10-15 minutes:mad:
You are upset that someone decided to legitimately play their bard at the event? Area peacing is part of the game...it is not an exploit. Two people keeping everything peaced long enough to kill spawn is not an exploit. You seem to not know what an exploit is. A friend and I cleaned out most of the cities in 10-20 minutes without peace just luring the VG to two well trained hungry puppies that demolished them then luring them back away from their spawn when they teleported. Was that an exploit too?

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the nice comment! Don't worry about me though, I don't care to be in any flame wars so I just quit responding if any board warriors try to engage me. I just don't understand their need to try to turn everything into a drama fest... I find it soooooo boring... I would rather have to watch an entire episode of that PBS program Sit and Be Fit (3 seconds of this show almost puts me into a comma if I have the misfortune of flipping through it) then engage in a flame war.

Maybe they are just trying to derail the peace scripting discussion? No idea other then that unless it is so lame as that they have nothing else better to do and need to start stuff to feel better about themselves?

So *ignoring all the bull* I think it is a new cheat and not the old virtue one because I heard something about it at the bank the other day and I heard months ago that the virtue thing was fixed (go devs!). No idea exactly how and I wouldn't post it if I did, but it didn't sound anything like the old virtue ones I heard about. Of course, the people who posted about a video and someone snooping the pack didn't mention anything but instruments so maybe they were talking outta their rears at the bank?

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

TirNaNo'g

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was a video of this bug months ago of an atl guild using it to kill harrower with 2 ppl and harrower never moved, and never hit a player.

its a bug no matter what way you cut it, unless you have several peacers to do this.
I saw a guild killing Baracoon in a very similar way... he never moved, never attacked, just was frozen in place the entire time (with sparkles around him). I wondered how they did it, perhaps it was using this method? It was very mysterious... unless he normally just stands there to get fireballed to death or was just being continuously paralyzed. I don't know how these battles go as I've never fought him myself. I'm not implicating anyone as I've no idea what guild it even was that I was watching.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where does it say you can't sell gold? You can't sell it via ebay. Thats fine, i never used ebay.
lmao...you didnt know it was against the ToS or RoC? gee, i always assumed selling property that wasnt mine was illegal. especially since the rules say it is.
you are in the it field. I'm a law student. Why would I have any experience in this field?
Didnt you state you couldnt run them? Now you say you dont know how. Good job.
Your defense was a thinly veiled personal attack.
really? as the law student prove it.
okay new guy. Just keep attacking me and making claims as to things I supposedly said with no evidence of your claims.
so its new guy now? whatever floats your boat. for a new guy i *seem* to be well informed. btw...figure out what a *power* wep is yet fellow vet?
I've been banned once from UO. For luring spawn in deceit because a new guy came to the dungeon and felt that I should have to change my way of training resist. Apparently its unacceptable to run around with the 2 bone magi casting on you. He invis'd me and got himself whacked by the things 3 times. It was quite the outrageous ban and I hardly believe you were aware of this unless you've been naughty snooping things that aren't for you to see.
I was referring to you making a new username on Uhall since your last was banned. But thank you for the info.
I've not back tracked. You have. You just keep making unfounded claims.
What claims? I stated facts, you refuted them with heresay. I asked about one thing, you reply by pointing and saying *hey whats this over there*
You are making flames and then demanding I leave this forum. Do you not see the irony here?
No...I asked you to take this to R&F so we could continue this idiotic discussion there. It wasnt me asking you for my benefit, I was actually thinking of the other readers here.

Is it rude of me to expect the burden of proof to be on the accuser? A guy made an outrageous exaggeration in a poorly worded post. I wanted to know more as players can't accurately report or turn in exploiters unless those who are aware of the exploiters explain what exactly one should be looking for in the behaviors in the exploiters. A journal screen shot or something would have been useful. Instead you choose to attack me and he refuses to post a screen shot of anything useful to exposing exploiters. he can edit out names and simply show us what exactly transpired
Exagerrated claims and poorly worded post? Wow, I gave you facts and figures...what more do you require? In regards to asking someone to break the rules of conduct to prove something to you...how sad. The rules on this matter are cut and dry, so I dont see how you can ask someone to see otherwise. BTW...the burned of proof according to your own admission would say that you have in the past been a griefer and a cheat. You got banned for griefing, and you broke the rules selling gold for money. According to you your rep is squeaky clean, which to me inplies deciet and backtracking to *try* to over it up.
Just saying that multiple vanguards were killed in under 3 minutes and a few people were using peacemaking gives nobody anything to look for. It sounds like a guy whining about not getting kills and ranting here since kill stealing isn't prohibited in UO.
Did I make any mention about any of this? Didnt think so.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought this post was about the peacemake exploit.
sorry flutter...my apologies for my part in this. yes...the peamaking exploit sucks as does its sibling the special move for no penalty cost exploit. (they are VERY much related btw)

M

Mythic

The video they're talking about shows one peacer at the harrower, from the perspective of a stealthing thief. He snoops the guys bag, and you can see the uses on the instruments dropping like crazy. Its clear that the person is getting peacemaking off about 2 to 3 times per second. Its obviously an exploit, as they are somehow avoiding the timers.

I've noticed that it appears that folks have just become totally carefree about activities like these. I saw a couple of guys speedhacking at Brit bank last night just because they were bored... running around, kinda "showing off" if you will that they could do it.

Then you read post after post about people running scripts to farm gold or ingots 24/7 with no worries...

Makes you kinda wonder how many real players there are out there anymore?
Right here man, staright up by the rules. I get a great deal of satisfaction beating the pants off speedhackers

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right here man, staright up by the rules. I get a great deal of satisfaction beating the pants off speedhackers
Same here......never cheated once in my 6 years.

I just don't see the point of cheating at a stupid video game.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry flutter...my apologies for my part in this. yes...the peamaking exploit sucks as does its sibling the special move for no penalty cost exploit. (they are VERY much related btw)
OMG I never heard of the special move for no penalty cost exploit... YUCK no wonder they can frigging hit you with 5 AIs in a row.... Damn cheaters make it pointless if you refuse to sink to their level.

As for the being upset about the peacing. I don't think anyone here was saying they would be upset with surround peace if it was multiple players working together to keep the surround peace going (I won't assume other posters intentions, but that is the jist I am picking up from them). Everyone seems to be talking about people who are bypassing the rules of the game to use their chars in ways not intended (hence the mention of a video of someone using instruments so quickly the uses were flying off the instrument which is NOT possible normally with the timers how they are). I know that is what I am objecting to. That and ONLY that was the crux of the original post from what I can gather from it.

Heck for normal teamwork, I was wondering if i had peace on my necro account to try it out with a few friends... As it stands now, every time we go out with our dragons, we have a group of dexers following us around like a dog following a bone until we engage a vanguard and then they jump on it. Not just one town, but they recall around until they find us in Tram and Fel and then they hide or run off till the spawn on them retargets our pets. I have died on foot a few times because of their leading crap up to my dragon and than hiding till it targets one of us and also I miss using my bard in a productive way.

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

S

Scratch

Peacemaking bug still works
Not a virtue bug anymore
Totally different now
But none the less it still works

Id rather the speedhackers be focused on and not the peace buggers
Who cares about the dumb events they come up with these days
It all to make money for ea since subscription base is down to an all time low

I paged on a guy for calling me a ***got and ea didnt do squat
They arent banning people anymore so stop wasting your time paging
Just cheat like the rest of em

and yeah scripters get more rewards than anyone else
like it or not
thats the way it rolls and has rolled for years

ea is an outdated client with no hope of being cheater free
so cheat your lil hearts out
you wont get banned anyway

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lmao...you didnt know it was against the ToS or RoC? gee, i always assumed selling property that wasnt mine was illegal. especially since the rules say it is.
I've responded to this already. If it is against the rules, nobody has ever said to stop in game despite advertising exclusively in game. I frankly don't care.

Didnt you state you couldnt run them? Now you say you dont know how. Good job.
I said I couldn't run the programs people use. If there are more programs, I've not encountered them. I don't believe they would work given how awkward virtualpc is as a program 'nor would I bother due to the basic risk vs reward. There is next to nothing i would gain by using illicit means that I can't just buy in game from years of accumulated wealth.

really? as the law student prove it.
You've accused me of cheating and now you demand I prove that I don't have these programs and that I don't know how to use them. Sorry, but thats not how the burden of proof works. I'm innocent unless proven guilty. And you'll have a hard time framing me.

so its new guy now? whatever floats your boat. for a new guy i *seem* to be well informed. btw...figure out what a *power* wep is yet fellow vet?
New content knowledge doesn't make you a veteran. Big houses and shiny ethies do ;)

I was referring to you making a new username on Uhall since your last was banned. But thank you for the info.
My last username was banned? For what? When? What was it? Inquiring minds want to know. You saying I'm a cheater and a banned person does nothing but give you more things to go prove. prove these accusations or drop them, didn't your parents tell you about the boy who cried wolf? The boy kept yelling unfounded claims and lost all credibility. When he actually encountered a claim, nobody cared and he got eaten.

What claims? I stated facts, you refuted them with heresay. I asked about one thing, you reply by pointing and saying *hey whats this over there*
You've repeatedly said I'm a cheater, scripter, banned person but you won't back them up. They're not facts, they're outrageous claims. You said I refuted your claims with heresay. Do you mean heresy or hearsay? If you meant hearsay, then you haven't followed this conversation at all. You claim I cheat, you refuse to provide any evidence indicating it other than the fact that I've sold gold(I admitted this). You then say whats this over here? What are you talking about? Back up your slander or shut up.

No...I asked you to take this to R&F so we could continue this idiotic discussion there. It wasnt me asking you for my benefit, I was actually thinking of the other readers here.
If you want a discussion elsewhere, just pm me. I'm fine having this discussion under public scrutiny since you are making outrageous claims about me cheating, scripting and lieing with no evidence to support those claims.

Exagerrated claims and poorly worded post? Wow, I gave you facts and figures...what more do you require?
I said I obtained bods by casual collection, purchasing and the collection of bods through IDOCs. I've said I don't keep the junk bods. You then bring up the odds of getting them directly through the blacksmith, a means I had already said was not how I got all of my high end bods. Facts and figures don't mean anything if they aren't relevant.

In regards to asking someone to break the rules of conduct to prove something to you...how sad.
I asked for no such thing. I asked for an edited picture of what to look for. A journal with names cut out to simply show me that his post was anything more than a whine about not getting loot.
The rules on this matter are cut and dry, so I dont see how you can ask someone to see otherwise.
They are cut and dry and why can't he take the extra step to obey them while still providing something more useful than an outlandish claim. No evidence = no case = no reason to post.
BTW...the burned of proof according to your own admission would say that you have in the past been a griefer and a cheat.
the BURDEN, is that I have once been banned for some guy being a whiny tool and a gm misinterpreting what happened. You will say that GMs are totally on the ball and always act judiciously?
You got banned for griefing, and you broke the rules selling gold for money.
I got banned for a single offense for all of 24 hours. I sold gold, most UO players have no problem with this. It's a victimless crime when a player sells their extra gold to a player without the time to obtain such quantities.
According to you your rep is squeaky clean, which to me inplies deciet and backtracking to *try* to over it up.
Backtracking would be me saying I never said something that I had said. It would mean you were providing huge evidence of me being a cheater, a liar about what I have in game, a scripter, and a griefer. One accusation of griefing that led to a ban for 24 hours, over 5 years ago is hardly a huge detriment to my reputation in game. If you disagree, that's your problem and you can deal with it yourself rather than make outlandish claims that I'm a scripter and I lie about what is reasonable for a long time veteran to have obtained without cheating. You seem to think that it's ridiculous for me to have filled a few hundred bods over a span of several years. That's your feelings on the matter. Other people with lots of in game wealth would laugh at your claim as well. I'm sorry but you've accused me of making lengthy arguments as to the legality of selling gold, being a liar, a scripter, and more.

Also, you seem to have only included 2 of your claims against my integrity and reputation in your conclusion. Is this because you are back tracking?

Frankly, I just wish the report post was working well and we could allow stratics to decide who is reputable and who is a producer of libel and slander.

Did I make any mention about any of this? Didnt think so.
The original poster did in the thread.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah, it's a definate exploit. I saw that video of a Bard machine gunning Area Peace on a Harrower while his Wammy (Samurai in Wraith Form) friend took the Harrower down. The Stealther who took the video had the bard snooped and watched the Charges on his multiple instruments plummet. My friend learned how to do it on accident and asked me if it's legal, she explained how she did it, and it's definately an illegal exploit.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Vid. you mentioned Playerskill... That's most likely not his friend on the Wammy Sammy.. it's simply his other account. 1 char to keep everything doing nothing and another to do the killing. Mind you if you watched that Vid the peacer is simply following the Sammy... only moves when the sammy gets 4+ tiles away etc.. lol old old old one that has been abused to ...... & needs to be fixxed.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Video i saw neither the Peacer nor the Wammy moved at all. Peacer was just machine gunning Area Peace like mad and the Wammy was pounding the hell out of the Harrower with AIs. Every single hit was an AI except for maybe 2-3 hits, that's what GM+ SS in Wraith Form with 40% LMC/-10 Special Cost from skillpoints and High Damage with EoO and Honor can let you do.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I call bullcrap on this one bud. The odds for a val or verite hammer deed (small) are less than 1 in 100 under the new system. Crank that up to 1 in 1000 for the large BOD. Now do the math.

10 hammers = 10 larges = 10000 bods turned in minimum for larges.
10 hammers = 60 smalls = 6000 bods minimum turned in for smalls.

So thats a minimum of 16000 bods. With a smith that is over GM that is one every 8 hours. 16000 X 8 is 128000 hours minimum needed to recieve said bods if you are just getting them every 8 hours. (you did say you were only a casual collector no?) Because thats over 5000 days!!!! OVER 10 years!!! Thats just to collect them, not to fill them.

So, for the sake of UHall, lets keep the bullsnot off of here. :thumbdown:
Uh did you read before you posted? I distinctly remember saying how I got my bods. I bought, collected some, and looted others. My understanding is that this is how the bod system was intended to be worked and it's worked well.

Being a ridiculous die hard on a chance system like bods is silly but failing to even read my post before you attack my integrity is more silly. :thumbdown:
Die hard or not, the facts are you are just trolling the thread. The exploit is ugly and used by the lowest of the low. The runic system is crap and those who don't work the system or buy up the deeds are never going to get anywhere like those who cheat and buy their way through it.

S

Sheridan

What in the...? This one's done. Thanks for playing, folks. Next time, try to play nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.