• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Vampiric with no necro skill?

T

tarugobr

hello everybody
the question is: is it possible to stay in vampiric embrace form with no needed necromancy skill (99)?

this is my idea, using soulstones:
on a 100.0 necromancy char, activate vampiric embrace
now store your 100.0 necro on a soul stone

will the vampiric embrace form stay no the character even with no necromancy skill? or will it debuff as soon as i put necro on the soulstone?

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will debuff as soon as you stone off the necro.

Same goes for wearing jewels that take you up in necro, then remove them. You go out of vamp form.

T

tarugobr

ive tried that before only with jewels and midnight bracers
thank you

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Up till a year or 2 ago, it used to let you remain in vamp form even after your necro skill went below 99. (So I carried around midnight bracers, Ossian Grimoire, bloodwood spirit, 2 +15 jewels in case I died and need recast vamp).

Has since been changed so that you will drop out of any form if your skill falls below the required level. Applies to ninja forms too.

Note that the 20 necro from a human's JOAT (jack of all trades) attribute will allow you to remain in wraith form.