• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vamp vs Wraith - Ultimate Showdown and tactics

• Thread starter Imhotletscybr
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

Imhotletscybr

Hi!

First of all I´n new and stuffs.

Since I gave up my thoughts of getting good in PvP due to lack of RL time I thought hey wtf I wanna solo all monsters in the game

So I read and read and decided I wanna try out Sampire/Vampdexxer/Vampurai etc. I started a new char and stoned some skills over and build an absolutly massive suit. Then I started to try some monsters on starting with regular blood elementals and before I knew it a paragon spawned. It was not until I swung the axe for the last time I noticed "Dude h3's g0ldenz!" I thought to myself, damn this temp is really nice. Then I started to try out some other monsters like cus, succus, swoops for a few hours. After that was easy I tried the infamous Balron from h3ll! I died really quick. So my question is, how do you control the burst damage you recive versus high level spellcasters?

Run -> Evasion?
Run -> Bandage, Pot, Confidence?
Counter attack -> LS ?
Evasion -> Bandage -> LS and prey that you hit?

How do YOU do it ? Of course I succeded to kill a few balrons but still it was a really risky business with their insane burst damage.

That was the first question...

Second one is....

I´m not really happy with the Sampire as it is. Maybe I just suck and I do need more practice but I thought the survivability would be better. Then I thought Wraith with healing would be ultimate for peerlesses. So first of all I wanna ask for reviews of this temp

120 Melee
120 Bush
120 Parry
90 Anat
100 Heal
0 Tac
53 Chiv +12 on brace
35 Necro +5 Bloodwood
82 SS +10 Bloodwood

No tactics is low damage but you get curse weap + bandages + pots + bush on same temp, I dont know if that makes up for the lost damage.

If this wont work then what is the standard wraith temp that people use?

My Sampire uses the following template

120 Swords
120 Bush
120 Parry
100 Heal
90 Tactics
82 Anatomy
53 Chiv + 12 on brace
35 Necro

The suit is really neat and that is not the reason why I dont succeed with soloing everything

61/63/69/77/68 (In vamp form and after protection)
23 HCI
63 DCI
73 DI
30 HLD
7 MR
30 LMC
21 HPi
10 Dex
16 Mana
15 EP

Weap is Ornate Axe
38 DI
30 SSI
12 DCI
50 ML
42 SL

Stats is not finished yet but I will settle for either 137/170 (real dex)/56 or lower the dex a bit and put into strenght.

So the real question is - is the survivability better with a Sampire - Regular Whammy - Bandage Whammy?

I

imported_GFY

I'm probably going to give the whammy a try next. I always liked mace weapons in the old days and with the stamina drain that they cause in PVP and PVM I feel like exploring the template again. I've read about macer whammies soloing MOBS fairly easily because the mace drains off their stamina slowing down their attacks and with the mana leech effect of the wraith the mobs run out of mana also.

I have a few friends that play macer templates in PVP and their pretty tuff to kill also. Drain off stamina and a pvp opponent can't run away and their swing speed drops to almost nothing.

As far as your template goes I'd drop SS for tactics. You'll have a much easier time if you can use weapon specials along with your bushido specials. With 100 tactics you'll get a damage bonus and if your in wraith form you should have plenty of mana for chiv heals, if and when needed, and specials. You can still use curse weapon but it won't last as long.

Hope this helps.