• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vamp Form Poll

• Thread starter Connor_Graham
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7

Should Vamp Form Get a "Kick in the Nuts"?

• No. Leave our dexxers the hell alone.

Votes: 80 51.3%
  • Yes, dexxers are overpowered as compared to other classes.

Votes: 25 16.0%
  • Yes, but only if all of the other comparable classes such as Tamers get a kick in the nuts too.

Votes: 18 11.5%
  • Yes, but beef them up in another way so they can still tank as dexxers are supposed to be able to.

Votes: 19 12.2%
  • No, they actually need to be able to absorb damage and tank better than they do now, like a GD can.

Votes: 14 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

Revenant2

If they change their minds about wiping out vamp form as we all use it, if one of you thinks to do it, please feel free to use this forum to send me an 'email' message letting me know. This thing is configured such that it should work to allow that.

Thaaaaaanks

--Revenant2

M

Mitzlplik_SP

With the announcement of the "kick in the nuts" to Vamp form, I felt a poll was in order to get the feel of how the boards view this. My thoughts on the matter are quite clear, as I feel dexxers have been nerfed all to hell over the past few years, and can't survive yet another one that will relegate them back to characters that only get brought out for simple tasks like getting bones to put on vendors. I think a nerf will cause players to quit, which UO really doesn't need at this point in time.
I don`t think you get it.You can STILL be a Sampire,you can STILL have vamp form.All you need to do is KEEP your jewelry on to have your bonuses still apply.Just like us tamers hafta do.

Kick in da nuts? I think not. Maybe I should be able to control my dragon with 25 tame,that way I could have my meditation or provocation on the same disco/tame template,no? Why? Whats wrong with that?

Some real mental heavy weights out there .......

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to remember that this post was create long before we knew just what the "kick in the nuts" was.

But you have to give Connor credit, his prediction was dead-on for a lot of players.

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still dont see where the nerf is. Anyone can use vamp form, you just have to have the skill, which is how it should be. This change didnt affect me at all, but then again I have 100 necro on my fencer. You should try it, it works. Just like it should!!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still not clear on what the nerf is...forgive me a little behind on the times. You need the real skill now to do it? Easily resolved if that is the case. Chivalry is your best friend now.

So can do as follows:

120 weapon
120 bushido
120 parry
120 tactics
120 anatomy
99 necromancy (enough to cast vampiric embrace)
21 chivalry (have 2 +15 each jewelry)

Ring has +15 w/15 HCI and a few other stats
Brace has +15 w/8 DCI and 4 LMC

This isn't a template I have but jewelry I have those ones and others like them. 60 Chivalry is all you need most of the time. Additionally the template was just an example since I don't play with this form myself. I don't see a problem though if its just the real skill that is required. Just frees up your points to put them in other places to.........STILL get the same template.

Forgot to mention...you just adjust the one of the other skills and dump 10 more points into chivalry. Adjust as necessary if you think you need more chivalry.

C

Connor_Graham

Ok, who's the wiseguy that used Animate Dead on this thread?

:fight:

:twak:

E

Extra Value Meal

UO is the only game I've ever heard of where its playerbase wants to keep something so overpowered that they would go against a fix which levels the playing field.

And Connor, just because you have an "overwhelming" vote against the change, doesn't mean you have the opinions of the entire playerbase. The forums account for a small percentage.

To add to that, the reason why so many people are AGAINST the change is because the damn Sampire template is the flavor of the month! Of course all these people don't want it changed, they want it easy.

EDIT: oh, someone forum necroed this thread :(. Well, I hope the change goes through anyway. It's one step to rebalancing the entire game.

G

GFY

Well... something had to change and I'm surprised it took this long to change it. Putting a skill on your template, casting a spell with that skill, then taking the skill off your template and still being able to use the skill is IMHO just wrong.

I don't however have a problem with using items to boost a skill, as long as you have to keep the items on as long as your using that skill.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don`t think you get it.You can STILL be a Sampire,you can STILL have vamp form.All you need to do is KEEP your jewelry on to have your bonuses still apply.Just like us tamers hafta do.

Kick in da nuts? I think not. Maybe I should be able to control my dragon with 25 tame,that way I could have my meditation or provocation on the same disco/tame template,no? Why? Whats wrong with that?

Some real mental heavy weights out there .......
As soon as you need as many skills on a tamer as you do on a warrior.

S

Starla

Well just accept the change and get 100 necro skill points and lower some other skills. It makes the template more challenging to play but still playable. I just tested it 2 nights ago. Putting on items to stay vamp is going to compromise a lot on resists (especially fire) / HCI / DCI and DI.

I am currently running on 120 Mace, 120 Parry, 120 Bushido, 100 necro, 100 heal, 90 Anat, 70 Chiv. And I know players who do without Parry.

I also have 3 tamers. This change should not be a war between tamer and warrior. Both are very strong templates. I have played both and in all fairness, does everyone wants their greater dragons and warriors to be nerfed since they are all powerful templates?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where's the option for "Yes, swapping items shouldn't replace skill." :coco:
That's an entirely different subject. This poll is strictly about the nerf of Vamp form and the effect on dexxers, not skill + items in general.
Lol.

That is clearly NOT an entirely different subject.

It totally pertains to dexxers/vamp form.

FYI-The poll itself is quite obviously biased and seems to have been worded very suggestively. For starters how about an explanation of "kick in the nuts" ??

A poll this skewed is certainly not anything near a representation of an entire class :(
IMO it appears to be nothing more then another rant.

I play nothing but warriors & archers and will have no problems at all adjusting to any vamp form nerfs.

I realize that being able to solo the very highest level monsters was wrong from the start. It was great while it lasted but time to get real.
Anyone thinking about quitting over that is just plain silly & obviously unable to please at any cost.

C

Connor_Graham

Lol.

FYI-The poll itself is quite obviously biased and seems to have been worded very suggestively. For starters how about an explanation of "kick in the nuts" ??

A poll this skewed is certainly not anything near a representation of an entire class :(

I play nothing but warriors & archers and will have no problems at all adjusting to any vamp form nerfs.

I realize that being able to solo the very highest level monsters was wrong from the start. It was great while it lasted but time to get real.
Anyone thinking about quitting over that is just plain silly & obviously unable to please at any cost.
This post is weeks old and making any posts to it now are pointless, as it was made prior to the knowledge of what is going to happen.

V

Vyrquenox

Where's the option for "Yes, swapping items shouldn't replace skill." :coco:
That's an entirely different subject. This poll is strictly about the nerf of Vamp form and the effect on dexxers, not skill + items in general.
Lol.

"kick in the nuts" came out of a town hall where so and so or whomsit said 'kick in the nuts' was needed by vamp form. Before Jeremy said something to the effect that it wasn't even on the agenda and before it suddenly appeared in the upcoming changes exactly what they were doing with plus skill items to kick vamp form in the nuts. So it was basically 'vamp form needs a kick in the nuts' out of one of them at the townhall, then 'nobody has discussed it it isn't on the agenda' then 'bablam, kick in nuts'.