• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Value of a 15th Anniversary Commemorative Robe

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I was lucky and managed to get my hands on one of these robes. I was wondering what kind of value it holds and is it even considered a "rare" or whatever.

I don't any any single rare or collectible items so I'm keen to know the experts opinion about this new item.

I've met people in game offering 400+ million, one guy saying top offer on his was 750m and then others saying 5 - 10m! Also any idea on how many there are / will be in game?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes bet u can buy them soon from the store...seems only fair....to be fair......same way the hooded robe went....i guess...like was said b4

Last edited:

manufacturedsoul

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotta love how the people who downplay the value are the ones who didn't get one! LOL. The world isn't a fair place so don't expect gimme's to be fair... They will likely end up being worth a few 100 mil.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing around 200 count as well if they don't release them the graphic in the future. Given that I think you'd be able to get a 100m to 200m after the market settles.
If you plan on selling it and are getting offers of 700m, I'd take them. Just use a safe and trusted 3rd party for the transaction as high offers are often a sign of scams.

In the end, you have to decide what you'd enjoy more. The robe or whatever having the gold in your bank would do for you. If they release the graphic, the value will drop. It will still be rare because of the name, but much like some graphic duplicated server births, its value will plummet as it is no longer 'obviously' rare.

Just this player's opinion. Good luck and congrats on attending the party. :)

The Shamrock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Gotta love how the people who downplay the value are the ones who didn't get one! LOL. The world isn't a fair place so don't expect gimme's to be fair... They will likely end up being worth a few 100 mil.
I can't see the value holding at what some people are wanting... a few hundred mil even seems too much. As they don't sell, I expect the price to drop even more.

Last edited:

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want one, but not bad enough to pay several hundred mil. I'm just going to wait until it settles down a bit.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
according to Manti's list 10 dropped, these will not go cheap!
Assuming most went to off shard chars, maybe 4 will remain on Europa, guessing Europa players will most likely keep or give to friends guildies etc, you may only see THIS one up for possible sale, or the off shard ones at the next rares fest

Advice, offer big, safe trade and sit back and enjoy DJaD this is worth a fortune ;)

Also worth noting these are also named by the Europa EM's so it does not matter about other shard drops, if at all, these 10 will not be mass produced again

did i say 10, yes 10 dropped! (unless Manti is wrong) *gasp*

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
according to Manti's list 10 dropped, these will not go cheap!
Assuming most went to off shard chars, maybe 4 will remain on Europa, guessing Europa players will most likely keep or give to friends guildies etc, you may only see THIS one up for possible sale, or the off shard ones at the next rares fest

Advice, offer big, safe trade and sit back and enjoy DJaD this is worth a fortune ;)

Also worth noting these are also named by the Europa EM's so it does not matter about other shard drops, if at all, these 10 will not be mass produced again

did i say 10, yes 10 dropped! (unless Manti is wrong) *gasp*
Am I wrong or is this player talking about something totally different then the codes/robes handed out at the uo meet-up?

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe aye, he is talking about the cake that dropped during yesterday's event.

the robe is totally separate. I agree with couple of the people up there it will stable out 100 mil or below once it got settled.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are you doing back here? Did you just come back in order to be a muppet?

By the way, have you taken over T hunters Account? He is being a muppet and talking about Jack Flash being great. Now I can only assume that is because you took over his Acc. and have somehow tried to weasle yourself back into the game.

Cheers

Oz
you are just horrible, and no!

Magrimur

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Lets say there are 200 of them, these guys are not very up to date with the game, Hooded Shroud of Shadows was given to *every* player that bought a copy of Age of Shadows,
these supposed expert players are comparing 200 robes to easily 20,000+ robes, the Hooded Robe of Umbra was the same promotion only in Japan, also thousands. Clearly the
15th Anniversary robe is worth a lot, clearly there is a high demand and a low supply, I'd hold on to it for at least 1 year it's price may double, but then again 'new' rares sometimes
are worth most at their 'new' status so cashing in at 400mil sounds pretty good if that was a serious offer.

Kraxal

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't find this robe for sale and if it is it's gone in a few minutes. Might be 200 of them but I sure havent seen them. Ive been trying to get a second one for a month now. Ill give you 250 mil for yours Alexander. What a profit! Q me 53679735. The Atlantic Mesanna Lantern is one of the highest priced lanterns of the set and there were 165 of them. I sure hope the price settles down on those soon! lol It doesn't matter how many of them there are, if it's a dope item then people are going to want it, and they aren't going to want to sell it.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
200+ of these..
no way they worth 200 mil plus sorry.

too many were given out.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bet there are not 200+ of them... And even if... Try to find people who sell them. Not that easy task. On DF I personally know three people that earned their robes on the writing contest. And none of them will ever sell. But you may of course keep speculating as much as you want. All I know this that people begged in this trade forum to get one and offered much more than 100 mil...

Independent from this: The robe has an immaterial worth which has to do with those stories. You could give me 4 bil and I wouldn´t sell. It is 1000 times cooler than those recent jade statues and all those ugly and crappy rares around... It´s awesome, fantastic, lovely, perfectly designed. And I got it because of my story. It is inestimable!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I bet there are not 200+ of them... And even if... Try to find people who sell them. Not that easy task. On DF I personally know three people that earned their robes on the writing contest. And none of them will ever sell. But you may of course keep speculating as much as you want. All I know this that people begged in this trade forum to get one and offered much more than 100 mil...

Independent from this: The robe has an immaterial worth which has to do with those stories. You could give me 4 bil and I wouldn´t sell. It is 1000 times cooler than those recent jade statues and all those ugly and crappy rares around... It´s awesome, fantastic, lovely, perfectly designed. And I got it because of my story. It is inestimable!
I earned mine as well from my story and no amount of gold would make me sell it. :)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats what makes this piece so much more valuable than this other stuff: every fool can kill a monster, every whimp has a lucky day. But only few can write emotional, intelligent, lovely, convincing stories that move your heart. I did and I won and I deserved it :p

And I got it because of my story about love, friendship, dedication... Not about greed, ambition, victories, fights and kills. To me, this robe is a symbol for what UO stands. You might be able to buy one some day, but this will never be yours, because it breathes the experience and devotion of somebody else. And if you got it the way I got it, you will never sell it...

Many, not all, people trying to de-value these fantastic pieces have simple motives: they didnt get robe of their own for whatever reason and want to get it for cheap money or are simply jealous :p

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nailed it!

It is way cooler than any of that mesanna crap neon two toned deco junk that people pay billions for from the em, events that really in the end HAVE NOTHING to do with Ultima, or Ultima Online.

Robe is way cooler.

And perfect example of an item that there's millions of out there that is worth 500mil+ is those dragon prod's hell guy on Europa probably duped 200+ himself over the years.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
jealous of what?

do you know how many people turned in stories multiple times on multiple shards just to win? who cares, stop posting above love and eye candy man. There worthless.

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As somebody who returned to this game on the 15th anniversary year, and was unaware of the writing contest, I would love to own a robe. Not because of the fact that I was too late to enter the writing contest or attend the party, but for the exact same reason that I returned to Sosaria. The love and nostalgia of a game that provided me with an unlimited amount of entertainment then, and and still does to this day. Thats what these robes mean to me. I would love to own one of these robes and it WILL be mine if I ever do, becasue like the rest of you, I too love this game for everything it is. I may not have writen a great story or forked over hundreds of millions of gold coin for one, but that does not diminish the desire and meaning of owning a piece of Ultima Online's amazing history.

As with everything else in this game, value can only be placed on an item that one is willing to part with for a price that is willing to be paid. That will never the diminish the passion that the robe stands for to most of us, ever. Of course there are some out there who do look at this item as another "thing" to own or collect, and they are not wrong in that thinking either. I think deep down we all feel the same about this subject, we just express our feelings in different ways.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I am saving up for the 20th anv robe.

:ohsnap:

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The robe is part of UO history and anyone down playing its value is a moron, I would take the robe over any em item.

Collectors have truly lost the point of collecting items in UO.. is some twotoned pink hued piece of grass tell the tale of Ultima?just my .02

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The robe is part of UO history and anyone down playing its value is a moron, I would take the robe over any em item.

Collectors have truly lost the point of collecting items in UO.. is some twotoned pink hued piece of grass tell the tale of Ultima?just my .02
I agree with this.

Historical pieces tied to a story. I mean the main story line of the game are the true pieces of UO Lore.

This is one of those

Last edited:

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yeah i should have stated, in direct relation to a current story arc or some type of past Ultima Lore.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd love to get another one for my other toon. Any one selling then?

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I agree, I too am guilty of falling for the beautiful two toned hot riot pixel crap <--- oops freudian slip? I meant pixel crack!, but my favorite item so far that I have accumulated is my Light of reason lantern, reason being that it has a wonderful roleplay story behind it, that is history in UO. I also love to find whispering roses with names of real players that have touched this game. Another Favorite item is the LuT guildstone, which if anyone remembers them, they used to do neat episodes linked off of Dr. Twister. A big thing for UO's History.

OH "15th Anniversary Commemorative robe!' have to mention that or I might just be trolling ^_^

Last edited:

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The LuT guildstone still exists?!
Sure does its been sitting there displayed at my store, along with Lewt, the old gm of the guild's, Whispering rose ^_^

Last edited:

KingHen

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The robe is epic. Its value is priceless. Period.
If I am ever lucky enough to have one it will only be taken from my cold dead fingers.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The robe is epic. Its value is priceless. Period.
If I am ever lucky enough to have one it will only be taken from my cold dead fingers.
AMEN!

Adeka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
We all like the sparkle Decadence! No harm in that! ;)
And for the same reason you collect whispering roses, I collect Candles of Love. They tie me to the game in a way that a sparkly lantern never will (I still like them though!). One day I will find Lord Solaris's Candle and cry a little bit, then proudly add it as the center piece of my collection. These candles represent others passion for a game that maybe they moved on from interntionally, lost interest in, or have been let loose from this mortal coil. None the less, have left an impact upon us all. These are the things that will forever hold value to me. That and the friendships and experiences shared in the game, which really all of the previous statments sum up too.

I LOVE ULTIMA ONLINE! Thank you all for making that the truth! :love: NOW GIMMIE MORE SHINEYS! ...jk...

choco butter (DP*)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
for me not only is this robe pricless due to my story of my UO wedding touching the hearts of many but also priceless due to the fact that now i can look like one of those guys that used to help us all in a time of need that we NEVER see anymore*waves a farwell to the REAL GMs of UO*

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just found this thread, quite funny loking at the original posts saying 200 mil once market stabilizes, we way underestimated this item lol, they sell for a 800 mil to a billion easily now. not that i'd ever sell mine for the reasons everyone else has said about ultima lore and true ultima history :)

Last edited: