• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Val runic hammer??

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Hit Stam 40
Hit Fireball 38
Hit Lower Defense 46
Swing Speed 30
Damg Inc 46

[/ QUOTE ]Nice Diamond Mace! I make alot of those too. I can't exactly say it blows my Twinkling Scimitar out of the water (My TS had 5 props over 90%, yours only has 3. My weap had 6 props 80% or higher, yours only has 4), but since your opinion is based on your game play style and template, I can't say you are wrong.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Hit Stam 40
Hit Fireball 38
Hit Lower Defense 46
Swing Speed 30
Damg Inc 46

[/ QUOTE ]Nice Diamond Mace! I make alot of those too. I can't exactly say it blows my Twinkling Scimitar out of the water (My TS had 5 props over 90%, yours only has 3. My weap had 6 props 80% or higher, yours only has 4), but since your opinion is based on your game play style and template, I can't say you are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have 3 leechs and a unless HLA. leechs are nice as a supporter but leechs alone are trash. Your TS is indeed a Super verison of the soulseeker but in pvp its just not gonna come close to the damage of my diamond mace.

Regardless of play style and template, if you where to meet my diamond mace, death would follow.

C

Connor_Graham

"Regardless of play style and template, if you where to meet my diamond mace, death would follow."

Unless that playstyle and template were PvM and in Tram. That mace is great for PvP, but pretty much useless for PvM. It has no mana leech so it has very few practical applications, especially against high end mobs.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

"Regardless of play style and template, if you where to meet my diamond mace, death would follow."

Unless that playstyle and template were PvM and in Tram. That mace is great for PvP, but pretty much useless for PvM. It has no mana leech so it has very few practical applications, especially against high end mobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must not read well, there part where i said my diamond mace meets my foe and death would follow was a hint that i don't pvm, and the person with the Twinkling Sim already said it was her pvp weapon.

F

frankieowns

Made theese from same val hammer althou they arent pvm id say they cant get much better

C

Connor_Graham

"You must not read well"

Oh really? Maybe you should brush up yourself, as you clearly stated:

"Regardless of play style and template"

PvM is a playstyle, whether it's yours or not. You said "regardless of playstyle", which would include PvM.

"the person with the Twinkling Sim already said it was her pvp weapon. "

That wasn't the point you brought up with the "regardless of" statement, but Setnaffa also uses this weapon in PvM, either way.. well....

As I said, that mace would be pretty much useless in PvM, you know, the "other" white meat....

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

You have 3 leechs and a unless HLA. leechs are nice as a supporter but leechs alone are trash. Your TS is indeed a Super verison of the soulseeker but in pvp its just not gonna come close to the damage of my diamond mace.

Regardless of play style and template, if you where to meet my diamond mace, death would follow.

[/ QUOTE ] I know I said I'd stop defending my weapon, but this is fun!

Between the DCI and HLA on my TS, your HLD would be less than useless. We'd both swing at 1.25; mine naturally, yours with the SSI. Assuming you have max Mana Regen, I'd still beat you because of the Hit Mana Leech. In PvP 1v1, it amounts to Mana Regen of around 30 or 40. Stamina Leech slightly in my favor, and I'm sure we'd both be at DI 100%, so it would come down to your Hit Fireball and healing vs. my HLL and healing.

Sounds like fun! Bring it over to Napa and let's give it a run! Not saying I'll beat you, but it would at least be a very fun long fight!

And to Connor's point, I do use it for PvM as well. I always carry it just in case because I spend most of my time in Fel Dungeons. It also works great against multiple Fan Dancers and Ronin in Tokuno.

An finally, I know my screen name (Setnaffa) ends with an 'A', but I'm a "he", not a "she" (not that there's anything wrong with that
).

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

Personally I think that weapon specials with the exception of whirlwind in pvm are fairly pointless. Radient schmitars are the only one handed weapon with whirlwind attack but dissapointingly the base damage is too low for it to be something I'd use. The world and it's brother use soulseekers, it isn't because their good it's for the same reason their tamers holding a boomstick with 0 macing and a shield of invul.

Leeches are only worth it if your doing high base damage.

The only weapons worth a damn in pvm are diamond maces and ornate axes, ornates require higher stam for max swing so I prefer diamond maces out of the two. But if it was a character using bandages you'd have high dex anyway so on those templates you could go for either.

In pvp you either play as a fast interupt low damage dexxer such as fencing and because of the low stam requirement for max swings can usually make good templates with the larger mana pool. Or as a heavy hitter for which again diamond mace seems best, it reaches max swing easier than anything else with high base damage and is one handed for pot chugging.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

"You must not read well"

Oh really? Maybe you should brush up yourself, as you clearly stated:

"Regardless of play style and template"

PvM is a playstyle, whether it's yours or not. You said "regardless of playstyle", which would include PvM.

"the person with the Twinkling Sim already said it was her pvp weapon. "

That wasn't the point you brought up with the "regardless of" statement, but Setnaffa also uses this weapon in PvM, either way.. well....

As I said, that mace would be pretty much useless in PvM, you know, the "other" white meat....

[/ QUOTE ]
Well i see you still don't understand. So im break it down for ya.
"Regardless of play style and template" was meant for Setnaffa(I don't know what all he enjoys or how he plays). My playstyle is red pvp and the template for that char is bushido dexxer, im not some trammy that chains lady mel. If we where to cross paths(Im red so i can't go to tram therefore your whole tram comment is void) Id win because my weapon is by far better then his.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ] I know I said I'd stop defending my weapon, but this is fun!

Between the DCI and HLA on my TS, your HLD would be less than useless. We'd both swing at 1.25; mine naturally, yours with the SSI. Assuming you have max Mana Regen, I'd still beat you because of the Hit Mana Leech. In PvP 1v1, it amounts to Mana Regen of around 30 or 40. Stamina Leech slightly in my favor, and I'm sure we'd both be at DI 100%, so it would come down to your Hit Fireball and healing vs. my HLL and healing.

Sounds like fun! Bring it over to Napa and let's give it a run! Not saying I'll beat you, but it would at least be a very fun long fight!

And to Connor's point, I do use it for PvM as well. I always carry it just in case because I spend most of my time in Fel Dungeons. It also works great against multiple Fan Dancers and Ronin in Tokuno.

An finally, I know my screen name (Setnaffa) ends with an 'A', but I'm a "he", not a "she" (not that there's anything wrong with that
).

[/ QUOTE ]
Im a macer id deplete your stam after 2 or 3 swings if you're not already died, and please stop pulling numbers out your a**. 30 or 40 mana regen? ROFL man gotta love trammys. Like i said already, your weapon is good replacement for a soulseeker but in pvp its just not gonna come close to the power of my mace.

C

Connor_Graham

"Well i see you still don't understand. So im break it down for ya."

Actually I understand very well. What you're not understanding is that not everyone is ONLY a PvP'r and your statement is assuming just that.

"Regardless of play style and template" was meant for Setnaffa(I don't know what all he enjoys or how he plays)."

My point exactly. You ASSUME he's only a PvP'r, yet use the phrase "regardless of playstyle", which also encompasses PvM, since PvM is a valid playstyle whether you engage in it or not. Since he PvM's also, then your statement is false, as I've said twice now, as his weapon kicks arse over yours in PvM.

"(Im red so i can't go to tram therefore your whole tram comment is void)"

No it's not. Not unless they've removed all of the monsters from Fel without telling me. I'll have to check that when I'm over that way later.

G

That's the kind of weapon that is used to solo a dark father. Great for PvM, louzy for pvp.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Im a macer id deplete your stam after 2 or 3 swings if you're not already died, and please stop pulling numbers out your a**. 30 or 40 mana regen? ROFL man gotta love trammys. Like i said already, your weapon is good replacement for a soulseeker but in pvp its just not gonna come close to the power of my mace.

[/ QUOTE ]Macing only depletes an additional 7 or 8 stamina per hit (assuming you are going to hit me) at the most over any other melee weapon. That's a pittance when it comes to Stamina Leech 46% (and of course Divine Fury as a last resort...gotta hate the DCI hit). Mana Regen 30-40 is nothing. At 1.25, we both swing around 8 times every 10 seconds. Mana Regen 30-40 means I'm leeching an average of 4-5 mana per swing. I love trammelites too, but I live and play mostly in Fel myself. How about you?

Btw, I think you have an excellent weapon. I just don't think it is as superior to mine as you think. I love playing with it, and considering I'm usually solo in Fel, I tend to run into alot of 1 vs many fights. As long as it's just melee, I do pretty well.

Anyway, I think you've made your point, and I've made mine. If you are ever on Napa, PM me and we can have a little fun.

G

Don't think of it as "defending your weapon" think of it as a "healthy debate" of what people think are god-like weapons.

A

Azmira Zalof

If you killed ANYONE with that, I'd be very impressed.

P.S. Divine fury drops DCI, while raising SSI and HCI.

P.P.S. 30-40 Mana Regen? What are you talking about?

P.P.P.S. That wep would most likely be hitting you for 25-35 damage per swing vs. 70 physical. Add the 38% fireball, that's an extra 24 damage or so in 10 swings (8 damage per fireball, hits approx. 3 times). So assuming he hits you 10 of 10 times, you'll have taken close to 300 damage. This is also assuming he isn't doing concussion blows, which (on a wep like that) are likely to hit for upwards of 50 damage. You'd be lucky to hit for 20 a swing with your wep.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Macing only depletes an additional 7 or 8 stamina per hit (assuming you are going to hit me) at the most over any other melee weapon. That's a pittance when it comes to Stamina Leech 46% (and of course Divine Fury as a last resort...gotta hate the DCI hit). Mana Regen 30-40 is nothing. At 1.25, we both swing around 8 times every 10 seconds. Mana Regen 30-40 means I'm leeching an average of 4-5 mana per swing. I love trammelites too, but I live and play mostly in Fel myself. How about you?

Btw, I think you have an excellent weapon. I just don't think it is as superior to mine as you think. I love playing with it, and considering I'm usually solo in Fel, I tend to run into alot of 1 vs many fights. As long as it's just melee, I do pretty well.

Anyway, I think you've made your point, and I've made mine. If you are ever on Napa, PM me and we can have a little fun.

[/ QUOTE ]
No all you have done is toss out some random numbers like your a math teacher, The dmg i do to your stam is based on the over all dmg from the swing then devided or something close to that its far greater then 7 or 8, Me and my bestfriend both have diamond mace dexxers, so i know how it works, If your using devine fury to keep your stam up then ya using up your mana along with special, once you use a good bit of your mana my hits that are doing 40 to 50 will go to 50 to 60 a hit. No way you spin this will you win, my weapon just owns yours.

Also anyone random trammy can live in fel do you even have a red? Because i have 3 out of 4 chars i have on my account.

SouthernRageLNR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

If you killed ANYONE with that, I'd be very impressed.

P.S. Divine fury drops DCI, while raising SSI and HCI.

P.P.S. 30-40 Mana Regen? What are you talking about?

P.P.P.S. That wep would most likely be hitting you for 25-35 damage per swing vs. 70 physical. Add the 38% fireball, that's an extra 24 damage or so in 10 swings (8 damage per fireball, hits approx. 3 times). So assuming he hits you 10 of 10 times, you'll have taken close to 300 damage. This is also assuming he isn't doing concussion blows, which (on a wep like that) are likely to hit for upwards of 50 damage. You'd be lucky to hit for 20 a swing with your wep.

[/ QUOTE ]
Im glad someone here knows something about PvP and diamond maces.

G

You all want some results? 120 smithy, 100 arms lore, Talisman 22% bonus, 25% exceptional bonus.

7 weapons made had Use Best Weapon Property. Worthless.
5 weapons made had Mage Weapon Property, -20, and -21. IMO still worthless.
4 weapons made had Luck, 87, 88, 89, and 93. Junk.
2 weapons made were slayer types, Earth and Water Elemental. Garbage.

Out of 15 weapons, 3 only had 4 magical properties, 8 had 5 magical properties, 4 had 6 magical properties.

Now for what I'd consider to be the best weapons made with this hammer.

I crafted 11 spears, 2 war forks, and 2 double axes. I'm looking for the perfect spear which is my main weapon of choice.

spear-
Hit Lightening 50%
Spell Channeling
Hit Life Leech 50%
Faster Casting -1
Swing Speed Increase 30%
Damage Increase 40%
Poison Resist 15%

spear-
Hit Mana Leech 60%
Hit Life Leech 66%
Hit Lower Defense 44%
Luck 89
Damage Increase 40%
Use best weapon

spear-
Hit Life Leech 42%
Hit Chance Increase 14%
Swing Speed Increase 25%
Damage Increase 51%
Physical Resist 13%

spear-
Hit Life Leech 68%
Hit Fire Ball 44%
Defense Chance Increase 14%
Faster Casting 1
Damage Increase 40%
Use Best Weapon

Spear-
Hit Fire Ball 50%
Hit Lower 42%
Spell Channeling
Mage Weapon -20
Damage Increase 40%

war fork-
Hit Life Leech 55%
Mage Weapon -20
Hit Lower Defense 50%
Damage Increase 52%
Use Best Weapon

Double Axe-
Hit Stamina Leech 46%
Hit Life Leech 71%
Hit Chance Increase 15%
Damage Increase 48%
Use Best Weapon

And those are what I consider to be the best weapons I just made with a val hammer.

I

imported_Vyrquenox

I didn't say it was a piece of trash. Read what you quoted. I specifically said "that weapon kicks a$$ for PvM". Then go on to say I wouldn't mind having one similar.

*sigh*
--------------------------------------
connor i know that i sent you a pm about how I wasn't replying 'to you' I was replying 'with you'. sorry again. Yeah, we are on same page.

G

What's your char name in Fel? I solo PvP on Napa too.

And no, that Twinkling Scimitar will not be leeching 5 Mana each hit in PvP, especially if you're fighting someone with all 70's Resists. That Twinkling Scimitar would be doing about 13-15 damage a hit to someone in all 70's Resists, which means you'd be leeching about 2-3 Mana if the Mana Leech goes off. You'd have to hit and leech about 4-5 times to regain enough Mana to do 1 Special. Even an Ornate Axe with high Mana Leech % hitting for 20s damage to someone only leeches about 5 Mana.

That Diamond Mace is better for PvP than the Twinkling Scimitar. With decent Stamina, it will swing at max speed, Stam Leech keeps Stamina up to keep it swinging at max, it hits alot harder, and it has better specials for PvP. A Conc Blow from that Diamond Mace would likely hit harder than an AI, and that's without the Fireball going off.

While you're wasting Mana on trying to get Bladeweave to do a good Special, he would just sit there letting you get low on Mana, then hit you with a Conc Blow and there goes about half your health, more if the Fireball goes off. Conc Blow deals damage based on the difference between the victim's current health and mana. It's also direct damage so it ignores Blood Oath and RPD. I've killed plenty of Necro/Mages with Conc Blow spam after they got too confident and stayed too close to me for too long when they Blood Oathed me.

HLA really doesn't do alot against Samurais, since Lightning Strike gives +50% HCI, which with 15%+ HCI from suit, completely counteracts HLA.
Stam Leech is better than Life Leech or Mana Leech for PvP due to the fact that it leeches back the amount of damage you do. You hit something for 30 damage, you're gonna leech back 30 Stamina. Which is extremely useful considering it saves you the Mana/DCI of casting Divine Fury, and you don't have to carry tons of Total Refresh Pots.

With a good amount of LMC/MR, that Mace would actually be viable in PvM, especially on a Paladin. Paladin's don't need much Mana except for EoO and Con Wep, have enough LMC/MR and by the time your' Con Wep wears off, you would of regenerated all the Mana you used for it back, and can do it again, keeping your Mana stable. I was able to keep my Mana stable the entire time i was fighting a Travesty earlier on my Macer/Paladin with a Diamond Mace that has 46% Stam Leech/26% Harm/6% HCI/20% SSI/39% Dam Inc, i was using EoO and Con Wep, was swinging it at Max Speed (1.25 Secs) after chugging a Greater Agility Pot for +30 DEX.

G

gothelder

I am not sure how you managed to bang out such low leeches with a valorite hammer. Below is an example of a weapon I crafted using a Dull Copper Hammer and Iron Ingots....(I use all my DC/Shadow/Copper hammers for bod filling duties.) Tho am not much of a PVP'r, I do not really know what constitutes a great weapon, this one I would be inclined to stick in a bod...(Do not really have a macer).

C

Connor_Graham

You're getting that high of a leech because of the slow weapon speed and lack of SSI.

E

eolsunder1

Yep you have 90+ leeching, but your weapon is 4s speed. A slow one. Thus, you'll get that nice leeching alot of the time, but you'll be hitting alot slower.

A fast weapon swinging at 1.25 and havig 40-50 leeching is about the same as that weapon, they high 2x as fast yet leech 1/2 as much. overall its about the sam.

G

gothelder

<blockquote><hr>

You're getting that high of a leech because of the slow weapon speed and lack of SSI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that sucks. I never really use em in battle. Last time I did have a leeching weapon (katana) in battle it did not appear to be leaching anything. I quit using it. When it leaches 50% of the time that means it leaches half the damage you do to your target? Or does that mean it leaches on half the hits you land? Or is there some combination therof......(Stratics weapon properties seem to be out of date)

/made a reptile slayer 39% damage 50% fireball war mace last night.......

G

Holy spear batman,

if you are interested in selling that spear let me know.
That is probably the best spear I have ever seen,for my style that is.

Regards
The Scandinavian

G

These are the best weapons I made almost a year ago with a Val Runic Hammer.

G

RTLFC

Setnaffa, after running the numbers from the weapons with all other variables being equal, SouthernRage's Diamond Mace out damages your Twinkling Scimitar by about 25-30%. That isn't including the additional Stamina damage from macing weapons.

The Swing Speed Increase put the Diamond Mace's DPS over the top. If not for the SSI your TS would have out damaged his DM by 5%.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I agree with Flutter. That would be a throw away where I play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't throw it away and I play the same place you do