• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

U'wah tribe claims Ilshinar as their own ...

• Thread starter Yasou Wakayama
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Y

Yasou Wakayama

Weinan Wakayama had to look no further then the Museum. There he found the Shogun, day and night for weeks the Shogun seemed to never leave the Museum ... visitors claimed he had taken to muttering about "missing items", "collecting just one more item", and "damned expensive artifacts". He was rarely seen on the field of battle since the war ... some in the Clan feared he was losing his mind, but this Samurai felt that this was important news ... much more important then a collection of items in a museum.

He found the Shogun in a room full of display cases.

"Shogun I have some important news for you ..." He was quickly interrupted.

"Young Samurai take a look at this," Beamed Yasuo as he pointed out a display case of blaze weapons that were clearly elven inspired, "almost a complete set just one missing the darned elusive Shard Thrasher." The Shogun blanched as he spoke the words.

"Yes most impressive," interjected the Samurai, " but this news ..."

Again he was interrupted by the Shogun, "Our clansmen have done a good job collecting items for our opening but we are still missing many single peices of these armor sets." He gestured to a bank of display cases.

"Shogun - no offense but the museum be damned this is important news." barked Weinan who was losing his patience.

Yasuo narrowed his eyes and stared at the Samurai. "Speak of your news then."

The Samurai straightened and then began, "Our patrols the night past took us deep into Ilshinar where we don't generally go. We came across dozens of deer carcasses, and as the laws do not permit the senseless slaughter of woodland creatures rather just taking enough to live on, we sought out the perpetrator. It was savages sire."

The Shogun raised an eyebrow, "Savages? Do tell."

Weinan coughed, "Well umm .. it seems the U'wah tribe has decided that those lands belong to them and that the laws do not pertain to them. I spoke to the one member I encountered and he was filthy wearing armor made of bone. He seemed to understand me but he kept making gutteral noises and waving his spear at me every time I told him that we would collect tithe. I am not sure if these men, if you wish to call them that, will abide by the law."

The Shogun smirked, "Please Samurai ... if we must tithe savage mudmen for their hides and the crust under their nails ... let them be ... watch them .. if they are agressive, punish them ... otherwise let them be they are harmless."

The Shogun stared off at the collection of mini-houses and began muttering to himself ... "only four more ... where can I get them."

"There is MORE sire." Weinan nearly shouted as he saw the Shogun's attention waning. Yasuo remade eye contact.

"It seems one of our patrols had a large skirmish out of west Umbra. A combined force of TnT, TnA, and RAF decided to agress our party and there was bloodshed. Our force was able to claim the field and most of the enemy perished. We had not expected to meet resistance from this group after the last war."

The Shogun nodded, "Yes I had thought they had the bloodlust beaten out of them the last time they stood before our might. Tell Isoroku to extend patrols out of Eastern Umbra again and deep in the mountains. Keep tabs on this band incase they try to mount some sort of uprising. Go now and leave me to my work."

Weinan turned to go ... why Isoroku Yamamoto to lead the patrols ... the man was less sane then the Shogun. Alas it was not his task to ask such questions just to follow orders so he headed to Yamatown to locate the ex-pirate.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pfft, no mention of the fact that I'd single handedly already wiped out a good chunk of that group, and was in the process of getting the rest when your people so rudely interrupted? =]

I

imported_mo'gluk

gah!! lat nub wurri da uruks will klomp da rest

G

Funny, I scouted that group for a good 15 minutes before the rest of WAKA showed up, I never actually saw you until the WAKA's began fighting.

*shrug*

S

Shad-SP

Smoke clung to the tavern’s rafters as the warriors nursed both their wounds and their ale. The sound of laughter and growing confidence filled the room. The clans had seen their world change in the matter of a moon’s cycle, but as the river always finds its true course through time so too did this band of rogues. Though the last war had not gone as well as had been hoped, much was learned and all was of benefit. The only lingering concern was the whereabouts of Shad, he had been missing for awhile in some bizarre ritual of transformation and had not been himself upon his return; somehow he seemed more brooding and ill tempered.

Despite that grey cloud, many good things were materializing. The clan’s coffers were beginning to fill with the treasures demanded by the Ancients, not from the sweat of the enslaved crafting minions but from enemies slain on the battlefield. Several raids had been fought back from the clan’s village and the invaders punished. All in all, the merriment filling the room was with good cause.

As Kenji was relaying the story of dragging a horde of beasts for an ambush, the doors swung open with the familiar creak of old cedar. In an instant blades were readied and words of power filled the air. Omni’s eyes instantly assessed the threat and smiled, “Hold your blades and silence your tongues, it is our clansman returning from raids.” Into the room Kat strode, proud and strong despite her demure frame. Following in close succession were Tempest, Shaylei, Lucrio, Pouco, T, and Alaric. They looked worn, tired, and thirsty. Friends scrambled to give them mutton and ale, as well as a warm welcome back to the tavern.

“So what news do you bring? And, more importantly, what treasure?” Ru asked with excitement and hope. “Well, the hunting party fell many of our enemies and had re-claimed many treasures; unfortunately we were set upon by the false lords from the eastern lands. We were weary and were beaten. So, we bring news that they continue to molest us and have no treasure to add to the coffers.” Kat had answered the question directly, the eyes and silent nodding from the remaining party members assured the truth of her words. A silence fell on the room.

The silence was broken by quiet swears and oaths. Those murmurs began to grow, and with it the unspoken doubt of the clans ability to meet their recurring challenges on the field. As heads stared into warm ale, a cloaked figure entered the room and with him a coldness. Eyes lifted and the reclusive Shad stood in the light of the fire. With effort his mouth opened and words flowed forth.

“I am not yet done with my transformation, I am not as strong as I should be, and my mind continues to swim in the seas of confusion. However, even in this state one truth still holds fast to my heart. I am no man’s servant and I ‘tithe’ or kneel to no man. I have learned much, we have all learned much through this adversity. We are stronger as a whole, we are able…we must simply believe. Now, if need be, I will ride alone to take the fight to the false lords. I may die, but I will take as many as I can with me. I ride forth to meet them and I do so because I would rather die standing, than to live groveling. It, as always, would be an honor to have my mates at my side, but that is a choice I leave to you. But for me and those that choose to follow this path, we set out to stake our claim, our rights, and to blaze a path of chaos with our blades.” Shad stood fast and waited.

Kat leapt upon a table and spoke with a fire in her eyes and the strength of leadership in her voice. “My blood will flow with Shad’s in this war, and I will savor our victim’s blood with Shad in this war. It is the way. Now, what say you?!” A single united war cry filled the room and every eye was filled with intensity, determination, and pleasure at the thought of coming battles. “Aye, that is what I knew to be true. Now ready your weapons and prepare. We kneel to none!”

As the clan began to chant and make ready, a lone voice was heard above the madness. Wolf’s voice carried above the madness. “Who, beyond the false lords, do we war?” Shad cackled dryly and smiled, “We bring our path to the field now and that is all that matters.” A silence met his response, and his smile grew. With death’s breath he hissed forth one last command, “If they are not with us, they are not of our path. If they are not of our path, they have no place in our presence. Kill them, kill them all.”

A cry of bloodlust rose into the night, a cry of revenge.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Wolf’s voice carried above the madness. “Who, beyond the false lords, do we war?”

[/ QUOTE ]
*mumbles*

If it's not VJ, it's TnT....
<blockquote><hr>

Funny, I scouted that group for a good 15 minutes before the rest of WAKA showed up, I never actually saw you until the WAKA's began fighting.

*shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]
Your shoddy scouting aside, you should have at least noticed that once WAKA showed up, they became my main target.