• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Using Tobii Dynavox's Eye Tracking for Video Games

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't have a young person in your life who is disabled, this might not mean much to you. But if you do, I think you'll be as amazed and impressed as I am by this young man and his journey in using AAC. Since we're all UO fans here, I'm posting this here so you can see how new technology is making it possible for people like Brad to even play video games with augmentative devices. Maybe someday someone will be dedicated enough to try it with UO. My 12-year-old grandson uses an AAC device (his is from Dynavox too) because he has so much trouble speaking, but fortunately is not so disabled as to need to use switches and eye tracking devices/software. One of these days, when he's better able to control a mouse, I'll be giving him a try with UO. I suspect he'll be happy just to have a chance to put a character on a horse or nightmare and ride it around.