• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Using Magery in conjunction with Chivalry

• Thread starter Kratos Aurion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kratos Aurion

Hi guys. I just have a quick question about using these two skills together to clarify a few things.

1st) I know the fc effect of chivalry is reduced when your magery level reaches 70. But since I'm extremely laggy I can't test much on TC so if anyone can clarify this

Does the fc reduction effects take place immediately at 70 or anything above 70 (ie 70.1,.2...)?

oh and my 2nd question (sorry)

I know this answer is probably going to be obvious but if you use skill bonus jewelry, does the FC reduction still take place? for instance if I have 69.9 magery and have a +10 magery ring, will it still reduce the cast time of chivalry to 2/6?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify :D

T

Turdnugget

Magery can be no more than 69.9, even with jewels.

I've tested it out before. At 69.9 w/no +skill items, you have 4/6 chiv casting.

At 69.9 magery w/+15 mage book, you have 2/6 chiv casting.

You can't go above 69.9 at all w/out losing the 4/6.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Magery can be no more than 69.9, even with jewels.

I've tested it out before. At 69.9 w/no +skill items, you have 4/6 chiv casting.

At 69.9 magery w/+15 mage book, you have 2/6 chiv casting.

You can't go above 69.9 at all w/out losing the 4/6.
Ya, I tried this using +15 mage book, +20 crystalline, and +5 mage talisman. If you had the Mage Travesty mask you could actually take magery to 119.9.

That would be pretty sweet to be able to cast 4/6 chiv again on a mage.

T

Turdnugget

Ya, but that'd make it a lot harder to kill mages... on most any template. Could you imagine trying to kill a parry/wrestle mage with chivalry with 4/6 casting? =)

You can also leave magery at 69.9 and just use scrolls for casting the higher end stuff... you will have to restock scrolls quite often though.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using scrolls would help with the higher circle spells. I'd also recommend throwing like 60 necro on. With the human JoAT spirit speak that will allow you to cast evil omen and it will last long enough to stick a poison. Because with 69.9 magery you're never going to land a poison without it unless the opponent has no resist.