• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Peacemaking] Uses for GM Peace and Music

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

I just GM'ed Peace and Music and I do not understaned the full extent and limits of the skill. I know that it would be more powerful at Legendary, but just what and how can I best use this skill at GM. I currently have the skills on my Treasure Hunter. An example of my confusion is that I can area peace things that it says I have no chance of calming if I use targeted peace. Thanks for the help and advice.

Katrena

Last edited:

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think at 100/100 you have a good chance at area peace. But the more you have, the higher your chances for targetted peacemaking. Try it yourself here:
UO Stratics - Bard Difficulty
If you have any of the Bard Masteries, then you have a better chance for targetted peacemaking. If you have the peacemaking Bard Mastery, then your bonus will be the highest. The more bardic skills you have all in all, the more powerful your Bard Mastery Songs, e.g. your peacemaking songs. I would advise you to go all the way for 120/120 because of the Bard Masteries. They require real skill, so items that add bardic skills are not useful for Bard Masteries. Even developer Logrus (who happily posts here on Stratics with very useful information) most recently has admitted using a full bard (all skills at 120) with Meditation and runs with active Peacemaking Bard Mastery songs - while fighting against powerful monsters.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
.... it says I have no chance of calming if I use targeted peace. ...
Hey Katrena... I suspect that whatever mobs you are attempting to peace are above your ability at GM. Have a look at the Hunter's Guide here, to see what the barding chances are for whatever monster(s) you're involved with. For instance, if you're digging up a Level 4 (Cleverly) map in Ilshenar and the Lich Lord's spawn, according to the Hunter's Guide the barding chance is 106 - so they're going to be difficult to Peace for you at GM. Have a look at the Treasure Map info in the UOGuide here, and you'll have an idea of what spawns for each level of TMap.

Congratulations on GM Music and Peace. If you're going to be doing a lot of maps, you might want to consider adding Provo and Disco - going full Bard. I love doing them on my 4x Bard. Peace alone for a T Hunter might keep you from getting killed so often, but it's really not enough to allow you to rummage thru the chest in peace.

There are a number of people here that will be happy to answer your questions regarding these delightful skills, so don't hesitate to ask. Oh, one last thing... Raising Provo and Disco can be time consuming, but also quite satisfying. Once you hit that magic 90, you can take the Mastery quests and continue to train both of them (and raise Peace/Music also) in the security of your home if you wish to do so...

Welcome to the world of Barding !
;)

Last edited:

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the great advice and making me feel welcome in the world of Barding! I tried to use the PM, (Poo Method), for training with UOAssist, but could not figure it out. In one of Poo's posts in the FAQ's, the method is listed below with my comments to the right. I was thinking that I read the skill check was when you cast the Masteries spell and that is why you don't need animals to train on.

Katrena

target item type (music instrument) This I figured out. :)
pause 1000 (1 second) No problem setting this. :scholar:
use skill/ cast spell (bard mastery) Do I use the actual Bard skill and then cast the Masteries spell?:coco:
target (self) What gives me the cursor to target myself? :coco:
pause 1000 (1 second)
use skill/ cast spell (bard mastery)
pause 1000 (1 second)

that turns the mastery on, then turns it off again.
and refreshed a new instrument every time.
works like a charm!

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
hey there
in the above post that is the uoassist macro for working the DISCO mastery.

for peace its simple.

target item type (music instrument)
pause 500 (1/2 second)
use skill/ cast spell (bard mastery) so this is cast one of the peace mastery spells, the lower one is the better one for training
pause 1000 (1 second) you may have to set this to 2 depending on your MR, med and FC/FCR

thats is!

oh, and before you make the macro and before you run it each day be sure to COUNT RESOURCES, that way it will make the macro good and run it good.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok.
so area peace.
you never fail on a area peace.
what happens is the higher your skill the longer it lasts.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you are recording your macro if you double click the bard spellsong icon, UOAssist will label it as use skill/cast spell.
(Only the discord mastery abilities are targeted so you dont have to add the target portion if you are raising peacemaking)

When I'm raising peacemaking I usually also have a macro on my spacebar to initiate the peacemaking skill and target self.
Just for the extra checks.

Also I do recommend locking your musicianship at 100, until you train all your bard skills up. Even if you are using the mastery training method, just because if you want to double up on training options with the direct skill use.

I actually have GM music on a soul stone so I can add multiple bards on my account and train them up quickly, even though my main bard has 120 music.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something interesting which I'm just putting out there.
Using a 4x bard with 120 med, under the effects of resilience from another 4x bard, can keep up despair almost indefinitely.
Keeping up tribulation and despair, you can keep them up for the full 14 rounds, but you'd run out if you put them back on immediately after they completed.

Some other interesting things.
4x bard using despair does about as much damage as the lightning spell from a mage. 3x bard is about the same as fireball.
Being turned to stone by medusa does not stop bard spellsongs. (Prevents them being recast but does not interrupt them if they are already in effect.)
In PvM the bard buff to mages @ 4x using inspire, is ~37% (Pretty huge)
Invigorate ability gives the bard a LOT of healing credit.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
*tucks that little nugget of gold away into the dark recesses of his mind*

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something interesting which I'm just putting out there.
Using a 4x bard with 120 med, under the effects of resilience from another 4x bard, can keep up despair almost indefinitely.
Keeping up tribulation and despair, you can keep them up for the full 14 rounds, but you'd run out if you put them back on immediately after they completed.

Some other interesting things.
4x bard using despair does about as much damage as the lightning spell from a mage. 3x bard is about the same as fireball.
Being turned to stone by medusa does not stop bard spellsongs. (Prevents them being recast but does not interrupt them if they are already in effect.)
In PvM the bard buff to mages @ 4x using inspire, is ~37% (Pretty huge)
Invigorate ability gives the bard a LOT of healing credit.

Bolded this because my bard has recieved more drops from Cora then my tank doin the damage.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*tucks both little nuggets of gold away into the dark recesses of his mind*
;)

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another tidbit. I usually hunt air elementals in shame with my 4x bard with peace masteries. The peace masteries typically ensure that I have lots of time to provo without having to run off and heal. I can usually keep 2-3 pairs of elementals going at it until my backpack is heavy. When I can't afford to pay as much attention, I move upstairs to mud elementals and use despair. Without a slayer lute It takes about 14 -15 rounds (cold damage) to kill one. Since I'm 120 med, This takes me to about 70 mana, which is enough to kill a second elemental. If I kill them one at a time its about 30 seconds each, if I have multiple provoked on each other, I can usually drop the time to about 18 seconds per elemental.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
IMO Peace is only good for two things:

1. To keep an aggressive tameable from attacking you while you tame it. But, even then it can still get angered.

2. When you have only one mob and are waiting for more to spawn to use provo. I guess you can then disco this mob and attack too, but if I do have disco on my template, I usually use that first anyway.