• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Upping the Ante

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ever since I read about Tracy Hickman of Dragonlance fame joining the team, my level of anticipation has soared - and with that so has my kickstarter contribution (more than doubled it).

I am not the richest girl in the multiverse of MMOs, but I do what ever I can for something I have hope, heart & passion for. Just as I do in the Napa shard of UO, so will I contribute as much as possible for SotA.

I challenge everyone else to do the same. Contributed $10, then up it to $20! Contributed $200? Awesome! Up it to $400!

I look back at the thousands I have spent on UO over the years, how many house sales I brokered via eBay (when it was still legal) and running 12 account at my maximum. I so truly love the UO franchise, but I am not blind to the writing on the wall. Will SotA be the new addiction for my splurging? We'll see...

How about everyone else?

Sidebar thought: I just noticed the premium gifts and more freebies being added with each level. Meh, not important but is kewl. I just hope the masses don't see it as a bribery ploy for it is getting to be a bit much. I am a marketer and I know what they are doing, but I don't think Joe Public will be all that thrilled with eye candy and titles - give us a game to replace UO! EA sure isn't doing it!

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just noticed the premium gifts and more freebies being added with each level. Meh, not important but is kewl. I just hope the masses don't see it as a bribery ploy for it is getting to be a bit much. I am a marketer and I know what they are doing, but I don't think Joe Public will be all that thrilled with eye candy and titles - give us a game to replace UO! EA sure isn't doing it!
I agree that adding gifts to existing tiers doesn't accomplish much. It is just more content that needs to be created and I'm not convinced that the additional items are bringing in any more funding. I think the team needs to dedicate their resources to important game content and not to meeting Kickstarter content for both in-game and physical items.