• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updating the wiki, need your help!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I've made multiple upgrades to the wiki in the past few weeks to improve the Hunter's Guide. Most recently, I'm working on documenting the abilities/moves that can be trained on tameable mobs.

I'm interested in those abilities and moves which are initially available, not any that also might be unlocked if, for example, you change out Slashing for Poisoning on a mob that starts with the Slashing ability.

I'm slowly working through the list, but if anyone is able to help with a list of the abilities/moves that can be trained for any of these remaining mobs, please post it, and I'll get it added to the wiki. :)

An example; frost spider can be trained in:

(images courtesy of God Compress)

And here it is, once I'm done with that info:

Side note, if anyone has a list of mobs that need subduing before they can be tamed, that too would be quite helpful. :)

Mobs still needing a list of trainable abilities/moves:
  • Chicken
  • Clockwork Leather Wolf
  • Corrosive Slime
  • Crow
  • Dark Steed
  • Dragon Turtle Hatchling
  • Drake
  • Frost Dragon
  • Frost Drake
  • Lasher
  • Paralithode
  • Phoenix
  • Sakkhran Bird Of Prey
  • Savage Ridgeback
  • Shadow Wyrm
  • Silver Steed
  • Stygian Drake
  • Tropical Bird
  • Unicorn
  • Vollem
  • War Horse
  • War Ostard
  • Windrunner

• Rune Beetle - still need special abilities, special moves, area effect abilities
  • Saurosaurus - still need special abilities, special moves, area effect abilities
  • Cold Drake - still need area effect abilities
Edit:
Updated the list to remove those mobs which now have info. Thanks Jibbed, Tabby Kapak, God Compress, Pawain, MalagAste, and Rhafiki. :)

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Don't think you can train Battle Chickens... so you can take that off the list

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Silver Steeds are extinct, no? So maybe that can also be crossed out? Anyway, hoping to get to help on this soon. (What is listed on TC does count right?)

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Yep, TC lores/data works. Just make sure any lores anyone submits are for untamed mobs. :) (Windrunner, Lasher, Imprisoned Dog, Pack Horse, and any other mobs that can't be obtained except for a tame version, those a tame pet's lore is fine.)

This is a rough report I've been working on; BrianFreud/11 - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums . It's a summary of tameables' info. Anything else that'd be handy to have on there, let me know. (It's also a good way to see any missing/unknown info that the wiki needs).

Last edited:

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Apologies it is not entirely clear, we should have included the name of the creature in every image. But this took a while already so didn't have the energy to add it to every image. It is also the first time we add pictures like this so we hope all goes well. And we hope it is of use to you Brian.

From top to bottom:

Black Bear

Bull

Cat

Deathwatch Beetle

Dread Warhorse

Gaman

Giant Beetle

Giant Ice Worm

High Plain Boura

Jack Rabbit

Lesser Hiryu

Ossein Ram

Raptor

Reptalon

Rune Beetle

Saurosaurus

Skittering Hopper

Black Bear.jpg Bull.jpg Cat.jpg Deathwatch Beetle.jpg Dread Warhorse.jpg Gaman.jpg Giant Beetle.jpg Giant Ice Worm.jpg High Plain Boura.jpg Jack Rabbit.jpg Lesser Hiryu.jpg Ossein Ram.jpg Raptor.jpg Reptalon.jpg Rune Beetle.jpg Saurosaurus.jpg Skittering Hopper.jpg

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok I can't help but comment.... I'm blown away not only do you use the ridiculous Diablo style health and mana things... but you keep that silly Aura on as well!?!?!?

And the map facet information... I'm... um... hum... Shocked.

Don't get me wrong I love the EC with Pinco's... but I could never play like that.

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok I can't help but comment.... I'm blown away not only do you use the ridiculous Diablo style health and mana things... but you keep that silly Aura on as well!?!?!?

And the map facet information... I'm... um... hum... Shocked.

Don't get me wrong I love the EC with Pinco's... but I could never play like that.
I cant help but respond..... Whats my personal UI setup got to do with this thread? Especially given how many games use the diablo style health and mana orbs these days, when you have been away from the game for many years, small familiarities help make readjusting to all the changes easier.

Dont get me wrong, i love the UO community... but posts like this can make people not want to contribute.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I cant help but respond..... Whats my personal UI setup got to do with this thread? Especially given how many games use the diablo style health and mana orbs these days, when you have been away from the game for many years, small familiarities help make readjusting to all the changes easier.

Dont get me wrong, i love the UO community... but posts like this can make people not want to contribute.
I just have never seen anyone actually use them... found it strange... that's all.... didn't think honestly that anyone did use them. not meant as a negative... just was shocked to see it in use.

Infact most people I know beg me to tell them how to turn that stuff off...

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Many thanks Jibbed and @Tabby Kapak :) I've been out of town the past week, so I just saw this. I'll start editing that all in tonight after work. :)

(Btw, if anyone would rather just directly edit info into the wiki, rather than mess with screenshots and such, feel free to do so - just go to that mob's page in the wiki and click on either "add animal lore report" or "edit" up top to access the 2 mob editors. :) )

-Brian

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I've edited in all the info everyone's collected; BrianFreud/12 - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums has all of it on a single screen, in case anyone's interested.

Here's what still needs some info:

Need Magical Abilities, Special Abilities, Special Moves, and Area Effect Abilities:
  • Bane Dragon
  • Chicken
  • Clockwork Leather Wolf
  • Corrosive Slime
  • Crow
  • Dark Steed
  • Dimetrosaur
  • Dragon Turtle Hatchling
  • Drake
  • Frost Dragon
  • Frost Drake
  • Greater Dragon
  • Lasher
  • Paralithode
  • Paroxysmus' Swamp Dragon
  • Phoenix
  • Sakkhran Bird Of Prey
  • Savage Ridgeback
  • Shadow Wyrm
  • Silver Steed
  • Stygian Drake
  • Tropical Bird
  • Unicorn
  • Vollem
  • War Horse
  • War Ostard
  • Windrunner
Still need some info:
  • Rune Beetle - still need special abilities, special moves, area effect abilities
  • Saurosaurus - still need special abilities, special moves, area effect abilities
  • Cold Drake - still need area effect abilities
Thanks!
Brian

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dark Steeds and Silver Steeds do not exsist... sorry to say be hard to lore something fictitious..

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Dark Steeds and Silver Steeds do not exsist... sorry to say be hard to lore something fictitious..
True enough, though always possible there's one hiding in a stable somewhere. Otherwise, they've said they might be bringing some extinct mobs back for the 20th; always a possibility they include those 2. :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
True enough, though always possible there's one hiding in a stable somewhere. Otherwise, they've said they might be bringing some extinct mobs back for the 20th; always a possibility they include those 2. :)
One can hope right??? I think there is a silver steed in the zoo from time to time but not real sure.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
One can hope right??? I think there is a silver steed in the zoo from time to time but not real sure.
I think you're right; I wonder if it's loreable... :D

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
The Atlantic Moonglow zoo currently has a silver steed, but I don't have a tamer there. Anyone have a tamer on Atlantic who could lore that beast?

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
*Bump updated!*

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Perfect, thanks! :)

Rhafiki

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Unicorn
(1)Magic ability-chiv,disco,poisoning,mystic,spellweaving, magery mastery, piercing, bashing, slashing, wrestling mastery
(2)Special abilities-angry fire, conductive blast, dragon breath, inferno, lightning force, mana drain, raging breath, repel, searing wounds, steal life
(3)Special moves-Nerve strike, talon strike, psychic attack, armor ignore, blade weave, bleed, concussion blow, crushing blow, dismount, feint, force of nature, frenzied whirlwind, mortal strike, paralyze, cold wind
(4) Area Effect Abilities-aura of energy, explosive goo, essence of earth