• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Updater problems?

P

philw1

Yup just got the Updater error trying to go to EALand. Was in earlier with no problem.

K

Kymberleigh

I too am in a dang loop that I cant get out of .. How do we fix this problem? Its really usetting that I cant get in,
as well as many other people it seems!!!

S

sweethugger

I Have Been Trying To Update And Keeps Telling Me Failed To Connect The Server I'm unnibg Windows Ex

S

sweethugger

As Well Far As I Get Is Connecting to Downloads tso.ea.com :26100

G

hahah fixed mine uninstalled and reinstalled it working great now .... was still using the old maxis folder now its using ea land and working great

P

Paulina

So it is 9:45 pm, and it still is doing he updater-verifying problem with Ealand. So luckily this morning i logged in to TSO so I am at least able to get in there. So tomorrow if I want to play and I have to go to EAland, it be a hit and miss on getting in if it is still acting up? WOW...way to go EA !!!! This reminds of the good ole AOL days, when it was a hit and miss when you where able to log in to AOL. Should i turn up my speakers and wait for a " You are logged on" jingle? So i don't miss it?

G

I can't get the updater to update... It's very frustrating.. HELP.... I have tried everything you guys listed here.. Is it just your server...

P

Paulina

Well maybe with the Lunar eclipse we will be able to get results soon...everyone howl at the moon....

G

Let's hope.... I haven't played TSO for about 3 years.. Lets see if I can remember how... If I ever get on.

S

sunkist

me too..i keep getting the failed to connect to the server error and am stuck in the verifying loop - on two diff computers. I've talked to quite a few others that are having the same problem...is maxis aware? is this being worked on?

S

SoonersLady

I'm getting the same message.
I can't log in at all tonight.
I have XP not vista.
What's up anyone know?

C

coyoteee

<blockquote><hr>

Mine was almost finished, then it stopped &amp; gave me the castanet error again...

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG. O.O

Mandi?!!?!?!?!

xoxoxoxo come find me when you can log in. Coyote something or other.

btw my TSO is not updating. I'm offered to skip the update and TSO works fine.

Coy

G

I'm getting the error too, I sent Lee a message but he hasnt gotten back to me yet.

D

Dogsoffour

I'm trying to update to get to TSO, but it keeps making me verify my network connection. I've had this problem 2 nights in a row...and the cities are going off tomorrow.

S

SoonersLady

wonder if I totally delete the sims and
go in and download it again.
But that would take forever lol

cities offline tomorrow? How long will that last...

S

sweethugger

I tried to reinstall then install again grrr still getting the same stuff i hope they are aware of this and get this fixed soon

G

I too cannot get past the check network connection error. Normally I have been receiving the updater error and just clicking continue and getting in. However this isn't the case today. I cleared the .castanet folders with no luck. I am running XP.

S

sweethugger

I'm running Exp as well alot of us having the updating.I have tried everything

D

Dogsoffour

<blockquote><hr>

cities offline tomorrow? How long will that last...

[/ QUOTE ]

Forever. They are closing until they merge with EALand. Which is why the 3 days leading up to that are terrible days to not be able to log in.

G

Just want to update everyone that I spoke to Pari and they are aware of the issue.

D

Dogsoffour

Thanks for the info Nikki. Any ideas on how long the process will take to fix it?

S

sweethugger

Thank You For The update. All we need to do Is Pray and boom it works and hopefully soon

S

SoonersLady

Thanks Niki for your help.

Oh well I just sit and wait and play something else

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

I am trying to update into EA Land, but the updater gets stuck at 0% everytime, then eventually it pops up Castanet error. I have deleted that folder &amp; restarted, but still nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not had this issue.

S

SoonersLady

Hey Letting everyone know, I can get into the game now.

Thanks for the hard work

D

Dogsoffour

The update is still failing for me. Are you doing anything special?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I'm getting the error too, I sent Lee a message but he hasnt gotten back to me yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to fac restore my new machine this weekend and quickly ran to update TSO so that I could get my last minute 'ducks in a row'. I was able to run/save the file from their site.

When you click the desktop icons created, they do not respond. When I open the folder nothing works except the 'buddy' file.

So then TSO opens and it goes to the TC3/test/ealand/tso selection screen. I select TC3 and it goes through as if it's updating/downloading and then I get this error message:

"Failed while trying to rename a file to
'..\..\tsoclient\.castanet\cache\A3\BHou49s8tgdfax1j7pfbenki273'

I've sent Lee a couple of emails concerning this. It's too late for me to finish up what I needed to since the cities are no longer accessible after today.

But it would be nice to be able to log in to see what if anything made it to EAland.

G

Wont let me in the reg game but looks like the Beta is updating.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Wont let me in the reg game but looks like the Beta is updating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just tried again before leaving for work and hour and a half ago. I get that same error message everytime I try.

I don't believe it has much to do with the server being busy. It looks like the download file has an error.

M

MandiK

Anyone still having updater problems this morning? Mine still won't work. I only have 69mb to go and I cant get it to work LOL.

:update: Mine is working, I just logged in on my computer. Yay!

N

Nick6212

Mine is not working AGAIN and I am looking to contact someone higher in the company for complaints.

G

Oh yea that's gonna get you far...why it's so difficult to understand that they know they are having problems with hardware, they are trying to keep it working until it's replace, I'm sure there's no sugar daddy that just tosses them a credit card and says "get what you want, shut up and leave me alone."

We all understand how you feel, and yep it even happens to us and frustrates us when we can't log in, but then again we aren't going to post day after day and make one thread after another on the same subject that has been explained.

And I'm sure, should you get through to that "higher up" person at EA, he's going to remind you to be carefull as you exit the game and not to allow the door to smack you on the way out as that closer is kinda powerfull.

So sit back and be frustrated with the rest of us that are also paying and have been for many years. If you ask nice, maybe someone will hand you some chocolate or a cookie.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Do I look worried about it? Nope.

I'm cool as a cucumber. I figure I'll just hang out....surf a bit and wait for things to be merged/debugged/etc....

I think I'll be missing the 'city closing' party but it's no biggie....I'll see everyone on the other side of the hill....Ealand.

G

Sorry Dutch my post wasn't really directed at you, it's just that everyone should know they are having a problem with this hardware and yes it needs to be reported, but not 150 times, and especially when one of the dev's gets on and says they are on it. lol maybe some just like to get their new user name posting count up *shrugs*.

I'm hoping i can make it to the production city closing party also, but if I can't switch over it will be just one of those little flutters in life that didn't go my way, and I'll visit with friends in one of the cities so i have great memories of this day.

Hope to see you at the party.

G

Well it was fixed again last night err this morning before I went to bed. Its not working again? Sigh, total bummer, I'm sure this issue is enough to cause Lee to drink in mass quantities. It makes me want to and all I do is read the posts about it lol. I'll go try it now and see if its working for me.

edit: I was able to patch to the legacy cities with no problem, can everyone try again please?

G

HOLLLLLY CHIT lol sorry about that i was just telling Dutch i wasn't posting about her lol. and that we all know there is/has been a problem and deal with it.

SOOOOOOOoo sorry about that misunderstanding....

Please resume your game playing/work schedule as previously planned.