• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Update on the Connection problem

• Thread starter imported_LFancey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jafo1972

I am finally able to play, just can no longer play in window mode. Sure my shortcuts still work, but all I get is a fullscreen game no matter what I do.

G

Well, I tried again, hoping that I'd get lucky like some people but I still get 100% loaded and it freezes with the "TSO has stopped working" (for TC3) just before the Avatar selection screen. On both paid and free accounts, windowed mode. I even went to bed and slept, a rarity in my case, but ended up having UO beta nightmares WTH was THAT all about?! Instead of Rains killing Lord British and sending the "world" into chaos, it was Parizad LOL!! I don't expect anyone to understand a thing I've said, I just think its odd. Meh, repressed EA hatred rearing its ugly head again I suppose. Or, maybe on a deeper level, being reminded that no one is infalllable, mistakes are made and I need to be patient. At least we don't have to deal with complete character wipes every time we turn around, THAT I'm thankful for.

Tried again in full screen mode, still nada, haven't tried EA Land. Hope the team can figure it out after a good rest.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

I am still hanging at 35%.

Is anyone getting in and staying in with out problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I finally got in, and I FINALLY got my other account in after closing everything down and going here: C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOPatch\TSO.exe to log in. It did 2 updates, and my other account finally quit showing the 'Maximum Avitar" message, so I logged it in as soon as the updates were done.

Once I was logged in, I used my regular link for logging in 2 sims to get the other one on, and both are on and working now. I'm too scared to switch houses too much though, cause that's how my other sim got disconnected last time.

Anyone else still having trouble? I just know the server is gonna go down again in a minute, and when it does, I'm going to cry
Actually, I'll probably just go to bed in that case, and save myself the frustration. Hopefully tomorrow everything will be peachy again, but somehow I doubt it

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am finally able to play, just can no longer play in window mode. Sure my shortcuts still work, but all I get is a fullscreen game no matter what I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just logged back in game (YAY but damn I need sleep! LOL) and I'm in windowed mode just fine. Does your shortcut target line read this way?:

<blockquote><hr>

"D:\EA GAMES\TSOClient\TSOClient.exe" -r1024x768 -w "-CSCity:Test Center 3"

[/ QUOTE ]

The last -r command sets the res to the fixed amount and the -w forces it into windowed mode. Do you have that added and still can only play in FS mode?

G

<blockquote><hr>

The other thread is way to big to provide any meaning. Feel free to spam there all you want. Keep this one open for information.

We have a Database issue. People are working on it and have been working on it all day. When we know we will let you know.

No ETA.

Lee/Parizad

[/ QUOTE ]

I see several pages of spam here and people wonder why we arent getting updates. Granted I just woke up and I may have missed something, but I'm sure you can see its entirely possible that I would miss some vital piece of information. Lets help the devs help us by leaving them a clear channel of communication.

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I just logged back in game (YAY but damn I need sleep! LOL) and I'm in windowed mode just fine. Does your shortcut target line read this way?:

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The last -r command sets the res to the fixed amount and the -w forces it into windowed mode. Do you have that added and still can only play in FS mode?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have it similarly added, mine reads -w -r800x600 and has for the last month or so(as well as when I played years ago). I have never used the CSCity part and have not had problems in the past. I just tried with your changes and it still refuses to play in window mode.

Edit: I should also add that my shortcut with just -w added will launch just fine, it just plays in FS. If I put in the -r then it gets to just before sim select and shuts down.

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It is a beta game right now folks. We have to just accept that there are times its going to be like this. I have played since Dec, 2002, so I know all about the I pay to play arguement. When I get really frustrated, I just remember what the last few years were like on TSO. SLOW, no one playing. No updates. The game is better now folks, but we have to go over some bumps first. Also, the devs ARE working their booties off. We certainly have a right to want to be able to play the game we pay for, but at the same time we should have a little respect, appreciation, and patience. It will be worth it in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, ive also been playing since 2002 and the last few years have been wonderful compared to what we have now.
Even when we do get on, its nowhere near as fun as it used to be. We can pizza with a team of 20's and receive next to nothing in return, we cant afford any of the store prices. Hell, we can't even afford to buy a plot of land anymore. How is this progress?
Dont you wish you could log your sims on now and play TSO? I know i do

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, i have been playing since 2002 also and i agree to Addi completely and of course do we all wish to log in.
BUT the last years werent been wonderful. the first years were been.
the last years of the game were bad with this exploit which destroyed the whole economy (if we ever could talk about an economy) all this cheated simoleans let go prices up like crazy on rare pets, statues etc. only the people who used to exploit could afford them anymore. I never did and i stopped selling mine because i didnt want the cheated money.
and finally left TSO after i figured there will not be a roll back to get all this exploited simoleans out again.
NOW the developers work on the game again and i came back for EA-Land.
they do a great job.
and i dont complain about not being able to log in or i want play for what i pay.(and not only 1 account)
I simple went to bed to get some more hours sleep then usually.
and now in my morning i will just do some laundry and other stuff until it works again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have it similarly added, mine reads -w -r800x600 and has for the last month or so(as well as when I played years ago). I have never used the CSCity part and have not had problems in the past. I just tried with your changes and it still refuses to play in window mode.

Edit: I should also add that my shortcut with just -w added will launch just fine, it just plays in FS. If I put in the -r then it gets to just before sim select and shuts down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you said you played without the CSCity but when I played that way my TC3 and EA Land sims show up on the same screen, and only one at a time isn't greyed out. when you added the -w did you *try* to add the CSCity and see if it would work? I'm not gonna stake e.m.u's that it would since I'm broke and can't work the sim jobs for now to make enough to make a decent bet
but it couldn't leave you any worse off than you are now to give it a shot......

H

hackerz03

<font color="red"> </font> still stuck at 35% and cant enter either sheesh guess its time to hit the hay and hope it would be fixed in the morning.

J

jafo1972

I just pasted your additions to a new shortcut and changed the resolution setting. This includes the CSCity part. This only happened after the newest updates, so it might be connected to that.

Out of curiosity, are you playing on a widescreen monitor? My one that just died would ONLY play in window mode no matter how I logged in.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just pasted your additions to a new shortcut and changed the resolution setting. This includes the CSCity part. This only happened after the newest updates, so it might be connected to that.

Out of curiosity, are you playing on a widescreen monitor? My one that just died would ONLY play in window mode no matter how I logged in.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its not a widescreen, though it is one of the larger 'regular' monitors.....though I don't remember the width, the DH is asleep and I dont know where the tape measure is. I do know that alot of people with widescreen monitors have issues with the game though, so actually I'm grateful that I don't have one LOL. Seems like the newer computers and monitors are having more trouble with TSO, especially those loaded with yucky Vista, than the 'old faithful' ones LOL. I'm sure that will change though once the graphics engine upgrade is completed and all.

J

jafo1972

It's definitely something with this new update. I can get my window shortcut to launch if I change the resolution to 1024x768, but it's in FS mode even with the -w and CSCity stuff added. Great that it's launching but what good is winodw mode, even the installed icon version, if it's not in a window?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That modification was useless.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I put in just the -w, at least this time I could get to the sim selection screen but, like others, hung on 35% trying to get into TC3. But I can log into my free account just fine. I was thinking maybe you could log in with only your first sim, since free accounts can only have one sim. So I just tried my paid account, chose my first sim this time but I still get stuck at 35%. At least I ruled that theory out for myself.

Edit: My FS mode is also in a window, but still, my free account can get in not my paid account. Testing... Tried all resolution settings (normal rez mode is 1280x800), got true full screen on 800x600 (ewww) at 16-bit, still no go on paid account, free account still logging in fine.

edit: 643am EDT finally got my paid account in on FS (-w) mode.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's definitely something with this new update. I can get my window shortcut to launch if I change the resolution to 1024x768, but it's in FS mode even with the -w and CSCity stuff added. Great that it's launching but what good is winodw mode, even the installed icon version, if it's not in a window?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I can't get a second sim to log in at all at this momen,they get stuck at 35% even when I use TSOClient.exe to log in both accounts or whether I use Patch for one and Client for the other, so its just as bad as being stuck in FS mode since the main purpose of windowed mode for me is so I can run multiple sims at once. I think it's possible to run multiple sims in FS mode by alt-tabbing to alternate windows, but maybe not since that's the reason I started getting used to windowed mode in the first place....I just didn't care for FS mode cuz if I got an IM I couldn't see the notification, had trouble surfing the web, etc. etc. etc. but I really hope when I log in after my sleep that I can get 2 or 3 of my accounts in.....my poor code team missed all day skilling today, and if this isn't fixed then only one of them will get skilled after my nap

Edit: Just got my traditional 40 minutes past the hour error 23, and now even one sim gets stuck at 35%, so this problem is very sporadic which is going ot make it harder for the team to fix it.

Going to bed, see you all at around 9-10am PST. That will be shortly after the team arrives at work, maybe at least by then we'll have an update if things are not totally fixed. Good luck to those who are now starting their day. I'm part vampire LOL I don't do mornings very well at all, and function much better at night.

J

jafo1972

I'm off for now, I really should get to bed.

I just hope they have something figured out tomorrow.

J

jafo1972

<blockquote><hr>

Going to bed, see you all at around 9-10am PST.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't observe daylight savings?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Going to bed, see you all at around 9-10am PST.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't observe daylight savings?

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, smart aleck....PDT

S

ScoobySnack318

Any More Updates On The 35% Hangup? It Took Me ABout An Hour To Get In But I Have Heard For Some Its Taking Alot Longer.

I

imported_eggchick7

I got in by opening up loads of clients and finally one was sucessfull still that delightful 35% wish I knew what was causing it...I expect the Devs do to!

G

OMG! I Kept getting stuck at 35% all last night too until I tried just now. Instead of clicking on my sim I clicked on my property and it went straight in. Not sure if that's coincidence or what but I'm in the game now and happy lol.

G

I have 2 different set of icons set up.. One just for TC3 and one set just for EAland.. (hate the patching so this works for me) Was able to log in one sim to EAland.. but then go to change sims and hung... Been trying for TC3 but as it was for me last night... I get to log in, goes to 100% then POOOOOOF I go to desktop.. I see others that got in.. so has there been any update to this from the Dev's or should I assume that its hopeless till they come in this morning... I'm on EST so I figure another 3 hrs before any news comes in? UUUGGGG I want my sims.... ok vent done.. Just looking for updated info ..

A

Anarela

<blockquote><hr>

OMG! I Kept getting stuck at 35% all last night too until I tried just now. Instead of clicking on my sim I clicked on my property and it went straight in. Not sure if that's coincidence or what but I'm in the game now and happy lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

happened to me too... but now we're about to go to maintenance...

We'll see what happens after that

L

luvibunni

Im at 7:30 am Eastern time and still stuck at 35percent.

Looks like the city is going down for a bit.
I will check back after. =)

BabiDoll~

A

Anarela

Yes, it did go down... try multiple times, that's what I did and it worked...but now you have to wait at least the 30 or so minutes for maintenance.

M

mattnotley2004

Something tells me the cities won't be coming back online after maintenance either. With the way things have been going today, which is abnormal... it makes sense. Also the fact that they are late coming back online already.

M

mattnotley2004

LOL sorry. I've had this feeling all day, since I've worked with servers before. When there's issues with a database, sometimes they don't like to reboot without a fight.

Also seen this happen before on TSO, when I was playing a couple of years ago.

A

Anarela

PLease don't say that, I'm having trouble thinking by now...

Some servers are nice and come up smoothly... ok, ok... ours has shown more than once it's not the nice kind... but maybe the devs have been able to tame it????

M

misstead

I can get to the avatar window I can see my wittle simmie and the city's and house little windows at the bottom but they are grayed out!!!!! Is there something I need to do to make it come back up, a patch or something.
Also is there a way to make my window screen full screen, its only maybe half screen size. Thanks

M

mattnotley2004

Sorry... well.. there's always the possibility they're running and automated fix during maintenance. Making it last longer.

N

NickelNik

Alrighty i just woke up after going to sleep on last nites issue, so many posts about it and can't find my orignals that were started last nite, it is now 830am i see the city status dots and they are red, so did the problem get fixed? or they just down for maintence? Any status on what is happening in the game? why no one could get in or possibly still can't get in?

Beleive in the Devs. they could say f us and just take the game offline...

Crosssing my fingers, toes, hair, arms, legs, anything possible that it's just down for maintence.....

Ok, well since it looks like it's not either working or gonna be down for a bit yet, ima go watch some early morning cartoons... If it comes back up will someone call me at 1-800-BOREDum

A

Anarela

I did get to log in before maintenance, even go to work and all... but then came maintenance... and it's taking a little longer than usual, so we are all freaking out...

hihihi...wasn't it an awful night without our sims???? and yes, I said Sims, sorry... not politically correct here...

G

OK just tried something read in different post.. which now Im beyond upset could of tried last night and maybe worked...LOL could of been issue I don't know..

My TC3 - issue was was poofing to desktop after login.. took out the RES -w "-r800X600" "-CSCity:Test Center 3" and I was in (even though servers are down right now - so just grey sim...) This link worked fine before update this afternoon.

Though in EAland.... it works fine with the R line in... so don't understand other then they took away the ability to do the resolution. Personally i hate playing in FS and like my mini screen. So hope we get that back.

It is taking longer then usual this morning...hmmmmm

A

Anarela

I couldn't get on in FS, the only one that worked was the windowed small 800x600 old and cozy one... wonder if it's not really random...

N

NickelNik

Oh yes tc3 poofing to the desktop.... Will that be fixed with the game? has that happened before to anyone without the issues we are currently having?

Where is that post? i need all attempts at making it work once it comes back online...

Ok going back to my channel surfing, ima keep checking back reg maybe half hour to hour.... but would like to know more about the poofing desktop for tc3 as is my main city. I'd try ealand, but i dont' wanna cause no problems and i read somewhere not to patch between the two, I'ma be just happy to get into ealand for the day and work on my land with a cardboard box and phone on it... same name in ealand as well....

Good Luck Dev's Need some VodkaCoffee and Donuts?

P

PJ EST

has phone in hand, dials 1-800-BOR-DOME.

hears operator's response, "We're sorry, that number is no longer in service, please get a life"

LOL I am having major withdrawals I haven't been on to check my little dollies for 17 hrs, and I am SIMply having a fit right now.

Drinks coffee waiting for game to come back...hits hand on head..why oh why didn't I get up before maintenance to check my game?

G

I am with you on that one... and still down.. maybe not gonna come back till they get in and being in EST now stinks.. least if was in PST I'd still be sleeping and not wondering myself...

C

CarlosN

Its 8:50 am eastern now and the cities are still down, anyone know when they will be opened?

N

NickelNik

A little off the subject but anyone that wants a laugh, as to how we are feeling about this game call this number, might/will have loads of you roflmao

<font color="red"> </font> Call 1-305-241-0033 <font color="red"> </font>

ok breaking myself away again or else gonna try, i said that like how long ago...

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL I am having major withdrawals I haven't been on to check my little dollies for 17 hrs

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> haha, thanks for putting that into perspective for me. Little dollies.... *sigh* yes, ok, time to go work on some real things huh?
I never realized I still play with little dollies... *runs off to go try to act like a grown up somewhere*</font>

G

WEll i got in after a 7 hour wait today for awhile but there are still issues. Managed to get to work by the car but right beofre maintenance i tried calling a cab for it to arrive and leave without me
..called again and same thing happened needless to say i couldnt work...I hope that is a problem they are fixing too..

N

NightFlyer

I was never able to get past 35% hang.

I hope this problem is addressed early today.

I doubt we'll see anything as much as a "we are working on it" for at least another 2+ hours.

And they want us to refer our family and friends to this game?? That is a joke at best. Sadly, I am not laughing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was never able to get past 35% hang.

I hope this problem is addressed early today.

I doubt we'll see anything as much as a "we are working on it" for at least another 2+ hours.

And they want us to refer our family and friends to this game?? That is a joke at best. Sadly, I am not laughing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you i got in just after the city went up but had to log out to collect the kids from school needless to say had alot of hours waiting to get back in with the 35% hang restarted my computer and managed to get in but then had work issues
*sigh* i hope its back up soon or i will be calling it a night i think....

M

mike1977

Something else too...when double clicking on a name in search or bookmarks...there sometimes is a significant delay. It seems to freeze the game too.

A

Anarela

And I think therein lays the issue... that freezing is the server going over all avatars and lots... and we are a LOT now... so... maybe something is not being able to put up with all the cities together? Don't know... rambling... must be the withdrawal syndrom kicking in again...

G

Just a reminder folks, the party thread is located here: Breakfast served here.

Lets keep this thread specific to login issues so the devs can find info if they need it.

Thanks

N

NickelNik

921am est time any updates on what is happening yet? are they back in the office working on it? or still sleeping from the long nite. Ok i'm going on hour breaks, i'd feel better if i knew they were back working on it any making any kind of progress, One city at a time, If they could just get one city working would do... So Dev's what's going on? please update us!

Status
Not open for further replies.