• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Update and Info on the Britain Central Hub

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

Seeing lots of people using the Hub now on a regular base, I thought it´s time to explain the setup and the features a bit more.

First of all, the rules are still the same I wrote in my first thread (Link):
- Everyone is allowed to place a teleporter in this hub (except banned people ;) )
- Public and Private houses can be linked.
- Security of teleporters is set to everyone. Security to enter your house hub comes from your house security. (if you have private houses, only friends of your house can enter the house from hub side)
- If want to bring a teleporter to link your house, bring a symbol for the pedestal behind the tile, too.
- No Stealing, Fighting, Killing, Looting in the house. Friends of houses can ban those, who are dishonoring the rules.
- If you get the feeling that a ban wasn´t justified, feel free to contact me. - And i will look into this issue.
- Only Coowners or Owners remove a ban!

But let´s talk in this thread about all the little features you might have missed till now.

At entrance you can find the portals. Crystal and corrupted crystal portal as well as the Moonstone Crystal and a Serpents´ Jawbone

moonstone.JPG

In the book in the middle you will find the runes to all Islands, Shrines and Entrace to the Lost Land. (remember it´s an altas, you might need to turn the page, so you find the rune you are looking for)

On the left side, you find a bulletin board. Here you can leave me a message, so I can get back to you later. – Below is a book with the house rules listed. The Gate Keeper at entrance hands out runes. – Just say “rune” and you will find one to the hub in your backpack. And on the left you find a jewelry box with free talisman, take one if you need one. One top is a wall safe, if you want to leave for someone some small amount of money.

board.JPG

Inside you find a luck statue. – Luck matters in UO, so I suggest you touch it once a day to get your luck bonus. – Next to it you find the hitching post. – Just say “stable” when you are there, so you put your pet safe away.

luckst.JPG

When you get inside you fill find teleporters on each floor. – For pictures look at the end of the thread. – There is even a teleporter direct to EM hall.

EM Link.JPG

In front of that Teleporter to EM hall, you will notice that there are 3 coloured Teleporters. They lead you to the different floors. – So if you want get up, you can use the stairs, or you just remember the colour of the floor and use the teleporter with the according colour.

inhouse teleporter.JPG

On the floors you will find teleporters with a book on top of it, where its written, where that teleporter leads to. – Red books shows public houses, black are for private.
In the pictures below I made a yellow Circle around public and a blue around private house teleporters.

hub groundfloor pic.jpg
hub groundfloor pic2.jpg hub second floor 1 pic.jpg hub second floor 2.JPG hub roof.JPG

Third floor has only teleporter to private houses:
hub thirdfloor 1.JPG

On the roof top you will find public dye tubs of all colours, feel free to use them, as well as a public Davies Locker and a Public Seed Box.

Roof Tools.JPG

On the floors you might find infornt of some teleporters coloured books too. – Its worth to read them. – The big orange ones are from the different guilds. – And the teleporter behind leads near their guild house. – Yellow books points to some specials of that house behind. – F.e. here a public ship, where one can gate to without having magery, for safe return, if you died “somewhere” and monsters looted your gear….

books.png

And the first floor you will find a rune with a book on top. – The quest which is written in the book is needed to get entrance to the Abyss (the teleporter to both of the Abyss house are just behind)

Abyss.JPG

I placed some barrels in front of the house, to draw a virtual line, where one should not attack anymore, as it will be difficult to see, if the fight is outside, or was brought into the house.

Even I marked the way from moongate to the Hub, so new people can see it much faster.

If you want to link your house and I am not online, you can even drop a bag with one teleporter tile, a smbol and a book, where your name and contact details is written in, so I can get in contact with you, if needed)

Oh, and if you are in the hub and you want to drop some stuff fast in your bank box. - On the second floor you will find a Chest of Sending.

Chest of Sending.JPG

Or if you want to deed some of your stuff, so that this gets less weight ... use the public commodity box.

Commoditiy Box.JPG

On ground floor is now a link to a Boat close to the Sea Market. Just gate on the rune there (to gate on a boat rune no magery is needed on Siege). You will end up on my Britania Boat at the Sea Market. From there you can go with a rowboat (that can be bought at any shipwright for a small amount of money) direct to the Sea Market on the high sea.

Seamarket.JPG

If you use it please be so kind and touch once the mooring line, so the boat refreshes. - I can´t grant that refresh the boat every week. - If the gate does not work, cause of the my boat decaying. - Let me know and I will place it again.

More coming ... when i have time again....

Best Regards
Joline Maza

Last edited:

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry was on business trip the last 2 weeks.

Your teletile wasn´t a private one, right? - So lets keep it as it is.. other players might still use the the way through your house. :)

59 houses now linked

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Serpent Jawbone is locked down now on the stairs. (teleporter to illenshar places)

Serpent Jaw bone.PNG

The location
  • Terort Skitas
will lead you to the soccers dungeon in illenshar, where you can get the artifacts from the halloween event

Last edited:

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unbenannt.PNG

Added one of the the "Mysterious Obelisk" of the current 20th Anniversary Event items to the hub. - It´s public. - So if you want to add the "Pagan Titan Slayer" attribute to any of your weapons or spellbooks, just arm the item go to the hub and double click the Mysterious Obelisk tip (the little green gem on the top of it).
So for all, who do not have the time to assembly this full thing, your chance is here to get the Slayer Attribute added easy, and be ready for the next event part.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
View attachment 71738

Added one of the the "Mysterious Obelisk" of the current 20th Anniversary Event items to the hub. - It´s public. - So if you want to add the "Pagan Titan Slayer" attribute to any of your weapons or spellbooks, just arm the item go to the hub and double click the Mysterious Obelisk tip (the little green gem on the top of it).
So for all, who do not have the time to assembly this full thing, your chance is here to get the Slayer Attribute added easy, and be ready for the next event part.
Very nice! Well done on the hub in general. I use it often.

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Removed the Obelisk. - Still lots of free spaces for teleporters available. - So link your house to the hub. :)

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Abyss.JPG
Britain Hub is now finally linked to the Spragos Abyss House too!
abyss map.JPG

*starts the happy dance*

Thank you Babydoll and Sprago!!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still need to change mine to the Zento Hub LOL moved that tile from Wind A long time ago.

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still need to change mine to the Zento Hub LOL moved that tile from Wind A long time ago.
Well the books name already changed long time ago.. - But had not the time to change the screenshots on top of that thread.
Will fix that next month.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really awesome. You put great care and thought into it. Thanks for the great tutorial. So much would have been missed.

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Updated the pictures, added publics: Chest of Sending, Jewrly Box, Davies Locker, Seed Box.
Current status: 68 Houses linked to the hub, waiting for Nr. 69. :)

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Replaced the 10th Anniversaire Luck Statue with a Maloria's Lucky Cat. - Has the same usecase for improving your luck. - Just is no blocking tile anymore and you can run over it.

80 houses now....

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Added now a link to the Sea Market. - Everyone can gate in Siege without magery to the boat and with a raw boat one can sail then in no time to the platform.
Seamarket.JPG
If you use it, please refresh the boat by doubleclicking the mooring line.
Thank you.

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i prefer my boats fried . . . just sayin
Yeah, remember me to roast you next time, when I see your on your boat....

But this miss spelling or using of the wrong words was not my first time. - I remember one time, when I was on an apres ski party, and ogling with a young girl.
Looking deep in her eyes and wanted to be as cool as Humphrey Bogart in Cassablanca.
Saying....

"Look in my ears. - Can this ears lie? "

Doh! - Me natural born english miss speller.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found you Mr Nirot. :)

Legendary name from the old days. :thumbup1:

Thank you for this, extremely helpful, and thank you for your guided tour.

To the rest of Siege, Hi All, I'm now on your shard, loving it, I may see you around, I don't stealth, and I run and hunt all over the place.

Happy playing solo for the moment while I build up, and get to know you all.

:sword:

(And surely this post should be stickied !!!!! :D ).

Last edited:

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found you Mr Nirot. :)

Legendary name from the old days. :thumbup1:

Thank you for this, extremely helpful, and thank you for your guided tour.

To the rest of Siege, Hi All, I'm now on your shard, loving it, I may see you around, I don't stealth, and I run and hunt all over the place.

Happy playing solo for the moment while I build up, and get to know you all.

:sword:

(And surely this post should be stickied !!!!! :D ).
Thanks Cookie... But as it says.... that was "an other day".... that´s why I am hiding here on Siege...

And welcome to Siege you will love it here.... you are the perfect material for Vice. - Join them and rock. And later when there is no challenge left.... and Bo and Max are getting fat... fight them.

And no sticky thread please... then I would need to update this thread regulary.... remember I got lazy...

Last edited: