• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Update 03-13, PC vendor fee is 3x the exemple in playguide and kills vendors on Siege

G

--------------Edited 3-13-2008------------------

I still don't get it, I see nothing in the UO playguide that explain this 3x prices. The playguide say nothing about normal shards (and Siege) have VENDORS counting 3 sosarian Days per Real World Day

"Example: With a base fee of 20 gp and 5500 gp of merchandise for sale, the vendor charges 20 + ((5500-500)/500) gp per UO day. This works out to a total of 20 + 10 gp, or 30 gp." (from playguide)

We do pay 3x to much both on Siege and normal shards. I don't know if it's a problem on normal shards but it sure is on Siege.

Siege 3x <font color=red>3SosarianDays</font color=red> of 20gp per Sday = 180gp per RWD(checked) <font color=green>should only be 60gp per RWD</font color=green>
Normal <font color=red>3SosarianDays</font color=red> of 20gp per Sday = 60gp per RWD(checked)<font color=green>should only be 20gp per RWD</font color=green>

Siege <font color=red>3x 3Sosariandays</font color=red> of 1gp per 500gpSales = 9gp per RWD(checked)<font color=green>should only be 3gp per RWD</font color=green>
Normal <font color=red>3Sosariandays</font color=red> of 1gp per 500gpSales = 3gp per RWD (checked)<font color=green>should only be 1gp per RWD</font color=green>

I would like Devs to explain this 3SosarianDays and why it have to kill our vendors on Siege.
I wish to see alot new shops grow up on Siege. Crafters and merchants had always been the backbone of the Siege community so losing them hurt Siege badly.

------------------------original post-------------------------------

It's impossible to run a shop if not placed near town or a public gate.
I'm not sure what did happen, but we did not have this problem the first years of Siege, something did changes a few years ago.

On this vendor, I only have 5 kegs of 9000gp each and 2 x 10 gatescroll of 1000gp each.
I had not sold anything the last 2 days so it had already costed me 2052gp in fee.
I would like to stock more but I cust can't affort it.

All shops away from town is gone long ago and even near town and gates they are few.

If it was better business to have vendors, we would get more shops = more crafters and merchants = more PvP'ers when it would be easier to find new gear after dead.

Can we please get removed this 3x fee for running vendors, we do not use out vendors for storing so there is no reason for this pain.

-----Edited after Fayled Dhreams proved it is 9x normal shards fee------
It should be 3x fee but it turn out it is infact 9x of normal shards, no wonder vendors are bad business on Siege

Normal shard fee is start fee 20 gp +1 gp for each 500gp = 21 gp for 500gp of wares
Siege fee is start fee 20x9 gp +1x9 gp for each 500gp = 189 gp for 500gp of wares (180 base + 9 gp for the 500gp stuff)

Please fix it

--------------Edited again---3-12-2008-------------

It do turn out, both normal shards and Siege shards do charge 3x to much.
It should be:
Vendor will charge 20 + (((10,000-500)/500)= 39gp per UO day.

But Normal shards Vendor will charge 20<font color=red>x3</font color=red> + (((10,000-500)/500)<font color=red>x3</font color=red>) = 60 +57gp =<font color=red>117</font color=red> per UO day.

Siege shards Vendor will charge 20<font color=red>x9</font color=red> + (((10,000-500)/500)<font color=red>x9</font color=red>) = 180 + 180gp =<font color=red>360</font color=red> per UO day.

The playguide say;
The first 500 gp worth that you have for sale are covered by the base fee the Vendor charges.

For each additional 500 gp worth of merchandise, the vendor charges 1 gp maintenance fee per UO day.

Example: With a base fee of 20 gp and 5500 gp of merchandise for sale, the vendor charges 20 + ((5500-500)/500) gp per UO day. This works out to a total of 20 + 10 gp, or 30 gp.

It does not work that way on the shards, they all charge 3x to much a day

Normal shard fee is start fee 60 gp +3 gp for each 500gp = 63 gp for 500gp of wares
Siege fee is start fee 180 gp +9 gp for each 500gp = 189 gp for 500gp of wares (180 base + 9 gp for the 500gp stuff)

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is something I fully agree with you.
Especially since most prices on Siege do not allow for the huge profit, the small win is eaten up by vendor fees.
*Salute*
Olahorand

G

Siege is a special place. The game systems should be adjusted for that shard's individual economy.

I

imported_Goron

Freja, on a side note, we have some vendor houses in very good locations in the guild. The 1st house north of Yew gate, and a few houses around umbra. If you are willing to sell out of a rental spot, talk with other myth people- i'm sure they will let you sell for no rent.

G

Thanks Goron but I like hanging out in my shop making items and stock them. I don't really like Malas or stocking vendors near town.
I feel it would help Siege alot if this problem got fixed and we would see shops grow up everywhere.
8 years ago, most houses at the road in this player town was shops with several vendors, sadly they are gone now.

I understand 3x prices on npc vendors even when it does not matter much now where vendors do not sell resources.

Maybe the most easy fix is remove of 3x prices from both npc's and PC vendors. PvP'ing/dying would also be less expensive if regs was cheaper and my potions and scrolls would cost less and my vendor would steal less money from me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

shouldn't it only cost 450-500? (470 is my closer guess)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what it cost on normal shards, maybe someone can test it for me.

G

Not just siege, I used to run a popular vendor house on my shard, nothing spectacular, just goods ppl use daily and average wep/armor, then they changed to fees for vendors... That was it, out of business

I

imported_MoonglowMerchant

Make trapped boxes. Drop runes at Moongates.

Make more trapped boxes.

You will have plenty of gold.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I ran my vendor I would stock it then post on siege board and the stuff would sell fast that way. My vendor was in Iantown no where near a gate or road.

G

ok it's not impossible them but it's still very hard. I had tryed several times. I can make money from potions, but I would like to stock more slow selling stuff too. How many vendors are left in Iantown?

I know, I can move my vendors to town or drop runes at the gates and post when I stock but that do not solve the problem with missing shops around the land of Siege.

To solve the problem, we need help from Devs, like we do with other problems that make players give up Siege.

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On other shards it is 0.7% fee per day. So if you have 100k of stuff it will cost you 0.7k per day.

Dont know how much more the rate is per day on Siege. Watch out for extra 0's in the price for something, or stuff hidden below other stuff.

F

Fayled Dhreams

one step at a time ... Eh?
First
let's see your base daily rate
empty your vendor
screenie the vendor status gump like in the first post
Base daily rate = ?gp for just standing on your porch ... empty

Then
add 1 item at 500 gp
Base daily rate = ?gp for just standing on your porch WITH 500 gp item ...

Then
add 1MORE item(total 2) at 500 gp
Base daily rate = ?gp for just standing on your porch WITH 1000 gp in items ...

THEN ... the math wizards can see from the 0, 500, 1000 AND your current 47,000 gp items for sale
how that compares with the prodo shard formula ...( KB excerpt)
With a base fee of 20gp and 10,000gp of merchandise for sale,
the Vendor will charge 20 + ((10,000-500)/500) = 39gp per UO day.
Since there are 12 UO days in a real day, that would come to 468gp per real day.

*shrugs*

(doesn't look like:If your character is a murderer, the vendor will charge you 5 times as much to sell items for you.)
(could be (UO remember
) your vendor bugged)

G

I would agree with you, the ruinous charge is something that has always concerned me. But it seems we must confine ourselves to one Siege issue every two years and right now we are midway through trying to get the ROT rate modified.

G

What if vendors were charged a sales tax instead of a daily fee? That way it would at least be possible to price in the fee consistently, even if the Siege fee was higher. One of the problems with the current vendor economy is that there is a double hit for being in a low-traffic area (lower sales and higher maint cost between sales). A sales tax would also create a niche for live merchants avoiding taxes through a direct sale.

(might also have to count vendor packs against house storage though to prevent them from just being used as extra storage)

A

AncientGeek

A sales tax instead of the vendor fees is a great idea on every shard. I think it would make things fairer for those who live in low traffic areas.

G

<blockquote><hr>

A sales tax instead of the vendor fees is a great idea on every shard. I think it would make things fairer for those who live in low traffic areas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes...point of sale costs make a lot more sense especially with the lower populations today, and vendor traffic that goes up and down.

On Siege it already costs over 3K just to get the vendor contract deed, and to have to dump gold on them (as long as I have been playing, they have been negative balance as soon as you place them) right when you place them, and keep dumping gold on them every day while your goods are just sitting there, is a bit painful. It is especially awkward since the system has not kept up with the inflation in the game, and with just a single big ticket item sitting on there, we have to dump actual piles of gold on them each day or come up with workarounds such as buying things from ourselves using different characters.

I think the point of sale fees would be beneficial to all shards. It would be a vendor "cut" of the deal in essence. So they'd be more like independent contractors rather than employees.

-Skylark

G

Sorry
You cant use a sales tax.
Vendors would become storage units.

Set price 10000000
No one buys.
Free storage.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry

Set price 10000000
No one buys.
Free storage.

[/ QUOTE ]

People have been doing that with their BoD collections for years anyway. I am sure there is a balanced way to handle the issue...the vendor system needs a makeover.

-Skylark

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought Siege was supposed to be alot harder, but maybe the fee should only be twice as high as a regular shard.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry

Set price 10000000
No one buys.
Free storage.

[/ QUOTE ]

People have been doing that with their BoD collections for years anyway. I am sure there is a balanced way to handle the issue...the vendor system needs a makeover.

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant think of one. Can you? Sales tax would be great. I dont think there is a work around.

G

vendor fees are
6k per 1m
3k per 500k
600gp per 100k
6gp per 1k
3gp per 500gp

I

imported_dexdash

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry

Set price 10000000
No one buys.
Free storage.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh you cant exceed the storage of the house so it wouldnt be any different then if ou had it in a crate

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry

Set price 10000000
No one buys.
Free storage.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh you cant exceed the storage of the house so it wouldnt be any different then if ou had it in a crate

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure about that?

G

Vendor stock does not count toward the secure storage of the house, but there is a vendor limit per house, which is governed by the house size. Since each vendor can hold 125 items, and for example, some houses can have 32 vendors or more, that is a whole lot of extra storage if the vendor system were used in that way.

I ran a free seed bank on Siege for quite a while, and paid 5 vendors to hold the seeds, which were sorted by plant type and color all priced "free". Obviously my vendors were meant for people to help themselves to seeds at no cost, and it cost me gold to run them. I understand what Raven is saying about potential abuse if there were no cost for having items on the vendor as people could put things at insane prices and just use them for secret storage. As I said though, this is exactly what people have been doing with "not for sale" BoDs for ages.

I think perhaps an initial one time flat stocking fee for the inventory by price percentage might work. These fees should be withdrawn directly from the character's bank, and have a CONFIRMATION with the amount, before the stocking fee is imposed.

-Skylark

I

imported_Lord Kynd

seems they should reverse it.

normal shards should pay more vendor fee's ( it would help as a gold sink)

siege is small and not all that easy to obtain large amounts of gold ( without buying it from someone) so that shard is kinda a poor shard ( compared to say atlantic)
so siege vendors should charge less.

if it's a matter of storage, on siege is that a problem when many there have houses on a normal shard and can't have one there ?

perhaps they should change house rules and allow for only 7x7 houses on siege and open accounts to allow them to have one house normal shard any size, and a 7x7 on siege ( for storage) ?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

seems they should reverse it.

normal shards should pay more vendor fee's ( it would help as a gold sink)

siege is small and not all that easy to obtain large amounts of gold ( without buying it from someone) so that shard is kinda a poor shard ( compared to say atlantic)
so siege vendors should charge less.

if it's a matter of storage, on siege is that a problem when many there have houses on a normal shard and can't have one there ?

perhaps they should change house rules and allow for only 7x7 houses on siege and open accounts to allow them to have one house normal shard any size, and a 7x7 on siege ( for storage) ?

[/ QUOTE ]But Siege is supposed to be harder. That's why it's Siege. Siege vendors should charge more. Gold should be extremely hard to accumulate there (it should actually be alot harder to accumulate on regular shards as well), so 2x fees on Siege Vendors would be appropriate. 3x fees might be a bit much though.

G

While I do no play on Siege, Freja's suggestion makes a lot of sense. Things could definetly use a change in that regard, along with the suggestion Skylark made.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be a nice break to get a discount on vendor fees if located outside of city limits *read luna* - Maybe then people would not keep calling me stupid for spending so much energy on my mall instead of just moving to Luna like 99% of other merchants out there. Oh well!

We deal with what we got!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[(doesn't look like:If your character is a murderer, the vendor will charge you 5 times as much to sell items for you.)
(could be (UO remember
) your vendor bugged)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I do not know if that stupid rule is still in effect, I will have to check with a blue char

G

Tested with blue char, same resultat:
So Freja¨s color does not matter
Emty vendor, just placed - 180gp a real world day
Wares for 47000 as on Freja's vendor will cost 1026gp a day 5 kegs of 9000 each + 2 piles of 10 gatescrolls of 1000gp each = 47000gp of wares

1x item of 500gp = 189 a day
2x item of 500gp = 198 a day

G

<blockquote><hr>

On other shards it is 0.7% fee per day. So if you have 100k of stuff it will cost you 0.7k per day.

Dont know how much more the rate is per day on Siege. Watch out for extra 0's in the price for something, or stuff hidden below other stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

On Siege, 1x item of 100,000gp = 1980gp a real world day

G

<blockquote><hr>

What if vendors were charged a sales tax instead of a daily fee? That way it would at least be possible to price in the fee consistently, even if the Siege fee was higher. One of the problems with the current vendor economy is that there is a double hit for being in a low-traffic area (lower sales and higher maint cost between sales). A sales tax would also create a niche for live merchants avoiding taxes through a direct sale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe make it weekly fee.
That will help the shops away from town. Make it so you pay for each started week an item is on the vendor.
Even if you remove your items after a few hours, it will draw the fee. maybe let the first 30 mins be free, so the owner do have time to correct if he make mistakes and have to remove items again to reprice them.

If I have wares for 100k on my vendor, I will then have a week to sell it before I will have to pay a new fee of 1980 a week.

It won't make it more expensive for town vendors but will help the vendors with slow sale

<blockquote><hr>

(might also have to count vendor packs against house storage though to prevent them from just being used as extra storage)

[/ QUOTE ]

The fee do prevent them from just being used as extra storage, you can't leave your vendor in a room so noone can access him, all can reach a vendor from house sign. If you price your stored items to cheap to keep fee down, players will buy your items

E

Exzordor_TnT

<blockquote><hr>

When I ran my vendor I would stock it then post on siege board and the stuff would sell fast that way. My vendor was in Iantown no where near a gate or road.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the way!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I thought Siege was supposed to be alot harder, but maybe the fee should only be twice as high as a regular shard.

[/ QUOTE ]

When Siege was born, UO was different, normal shards did not have item insurance and no shard had AoS items.

Now Siege got AoS items but without item insurance, that make it harder on Siege. Items are expensive but get lost easy to to balance it we need the items to be less expensive so it become easier to replace lost items.

More shops with alot of items will make Siege more joyable but still harder than normal shards.

G

<blockquote><hr>

vendor fees are
6k per 1m
3k per 500k
600gp per 100k
6gp per 1k
3gp per 500gp

[/ QUOTE ]

vendor fees on Siege are
18k per 1m
9k per 500k
1800gp per 100k
18gp per 1k
9gp per 500gp

G

[/ QUOTE ]But Siege is supposed to be harder. That's why it's Siege. Siege vendors should charge more. Gold should be extremely hard to accumulate there (it should actually be alot harder to accumulate on regular shards as well), so 2x fees on Siege Vendors would be appropriate. 3x fees might be a bit much though.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can make it so hard so noone play there and then close the shard or we can balance it so it make sense and support the goal for the shard.

Right now, several stupid "make the shard hard" rules do it damn hard to gain players for the shard.
When UO was born, there was no Trammel so it was not made to be a PvP shard but a veteran shard. Now players on Siege do enjoy the non con PvP and PvP'ers on normal shards cry for a pre aos shard with no trammel.
Siege could be a new home for many of the PvP players UO had lost the last years but we have to balance the rules so it become playable for a bigger group of players than it is now.

There are thing I don't want on Siege, all may not agree with me here.
Item insurance
Trammel ruleset
Stupid flaging rules that stop us from healing and ressing non allies.
Instance corpes
Instance dungeons
Recall
Vendor buy
npc og factions vendors that sell resources
Private houses
10 x boat prices that kill all pirate RP on Siege because it's to expensive to lose a boat
Stupid blackrock elements miners can't kill. We can kill the scripters we don't need a npc monster to do the job
Sure I do forget alot
Factions taxes that destroyed the old communities around the npc towns

F

Fayled Dhreams

K... math wizards need to re-check and confirm

Tested with blue char, same result at:
So Freja¨s color does not matter
Color of PLACING char may matter ... still ...char that <font color=red>places</font color=red> vendor ... If goes from blue to red ... MIGHT go higher ... and STAYS higher ... even if player goes back to blue ... MIGHT be that way ... need dev check of code FOR SIEGE to be sure

Empty vendor, just placed - 180gp a real world day (K! base cost vendor = 180gp Real World Day {rwd} check!)
1x item of 500gp = 189 a day(
189 - 180 = 9 Ouch! looks like 9gp per 500 !?!?!?)
2x item of 500gp = 198 a day(
198 - 180 = 18 Yikes! really looks like 9gp per 500 !?!?!?)

180 + ((47,000 / 500) x 9 ) = 1026
really really looks like 9gp per 500

180 + ((100,000 / 500) x 9 ) = 1980 (mmmm: "On Siege, 1x item of 100,000gp = 1980gp a real world day ") cross check
ayup! check !

Need a prodo shard player to place vendor (fresh/blue) to cross check ...BUT ... just from math on hand ...
Sure looks like Siege has a times Nine(9) on Base vendor cost and per 500gp rate

(from above)
Vendor will charge 20<font color=red>x9</font color=red> + (((10,000-500)/500)<font color=red>x9</font color=red>) = 39gp<font color=red>360</font color=red> per UO day.
<font color=red>Siege</font color=red>
check with 10,000 gp on Siege vendor IF <font color=red>360</font color=red> is true ...

also ... on prod shard ...it is per 500gp (why the -500 is IN the KB formula ) ...MAY NOT be that way on Siege ...
to check
put one item for 1 gp on vendor ... check daily rate
change one item price to 499gp ... check daily rate
I'm guessing the 1 item 1gp rate WILL drive the rwd rate up by 9gp.

Maybe Maybe maybe the 3x player from npc vendor, takes ANOTHER 3x when Player runs vendor to sell to Player (3xNPC 3xPlayer = 9x Player to Player)
*shrugs*

DOH !! alla that AND you already worked it out to SAME conclusion!!!
(above)
vendor fees on Siege are
18k per 1m
9k per 500k
1800gp per 100k
18gp per 1k
9gp per 500gp

DOH !!
well ...
at least you've thinned the herd out a little ...
HD2300 &amp; DVI ??
Back of the Class !!

Psssst FrejaSP... by the way ... need to edit topic line the show 9X fee... instead of 3X ..

(3X for Siege ... looks like what it should be ... eh?)

G

That sounds about right, as when I had some soulstone fragment tokens for 500K each, the projected vendor fees per day were enough to make me choke. I had to make a bunch of trips from what I recall, hauling 10K in my pack each trip to cover for just a couple of days rental initially. People later advised me of the "trick" of when to place my big ticket items on the vendor, and pull them off on the same day, to avoid paying those hefty vendor rental fees. I almost never have "big ticket" items though, so I haven't really had to worry about that. My potion keg vendor cost me plenty per day to operate though, when I kept it well stocked. I was lucky enough to have a Zento GZ accessible vendor on Siege, 1.5 screens from the moongate so at least my stuff sold fairly quickly most of the time. It was weird though, how sales could fluctuate...I'd have periods where people were practically fighting over stock, and clearing it out each day, so I'd put a bunch on there, and then it would sit for days eating up all my profits in fees. I'd pull it off, and then inevitably get a PM from someone saying "Hey! Your vendor is empty!"

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

Vendor will charge 20<font color=red>x9</font color=red> + (((10,000-500)/500)<font color=red>x9</font color=red>) = 39gp<font color=red>360</font color=red> per UO day.
<font color=red>Siege</font color=red>
check with 10,000 gp on Siege vendor IF <font color=red>360</font color=red> is true ...

[/ QUOTE ]

180 + ((10,000 / 500) x 9 ) = 360 a real world day

That is true so if you are right, our vendor fee are <font color=red>9x</font color=red> and not <font color=red>3x</font color=red> as it should be

Do 10k cost 39gp a real day on normal shards?

I still believe if we made it a week instead of a day it will bake it more fair for shops away from towns and moongates
Still bring it back to 3x fee

F

Fayled Dhreams

Just a caution ... that "pull before charged" gimmick ... may not work forever ...
ie. the code needs to be fixed to avoid/prevent that
Just saying ... agreed ... not a full blown "exploit" to change your mind and/or spot an error on your vendor pricing ..
pull it off and fix it ...
ALL of your stock daily ... however ... well ...
Vendors should have a threshold for : "Stocking/re-stocking FEE" to avoid/prevent that particular gimmick.

In THAT light ... Might be better for a Siege vendor operator ... to have "stocking days"
course ... being Siege ... and the likelyhood of being attacked/ambushed ... that may not be the best of ideas either ...
(letting the world know WHEN your probably WORTH killing)
*shrugs*
Just saying ..

And ...
since we're on Vendors

Vendors are not intended to be used as banks

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

3x MAX for non-murdering vendors
/agreed

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just a caution ... that "pull before charged" gimmick ... may not work forever ...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is basically part of my point that the system needs an overhaul and doesn't work with "today's" UO economy, and probably has some aspects that were never well thought out from the start. If there is any possible way for players to find workarounds, you know they will.

-Skylark

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

I still believe if we made it a week instead of a day it will bake it more fair for shops away from towns and moongates
Still bring it back to 3x fee

[/ QUOTE ]

nnnnn ... yeah ... get the 3X first ...
Likely an easier code fix ...
Get THAT ... and see how that works for awhile ...
then maybe ... weekly/monthly rates/discount's

Siege IS unique ... Aside from the difficulty of actually accumulating wealth ... in any manner ...
theres an un-explored aspect ... re: vendors
That Maybe ... the 9X IS what is keeping vendor pricing Down
just saying ...
Get the 3X rate, installed and active, kinda likely that PRICES will go up ...

remains to be seen ... true
BUT ...

Siege IS unique ...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said in other post, there is a fix for that.

If an item had been more than 30 min on a vendor, it the vendor will collect the fee.

Now to balance town vendors vs vendors away from town, let vendors collect the fee once a week instead once a day.

This way, vendors will collect 1 x fee for items left on vendor for more than 30 min but less than a week and 30 min.

It will cost the same in fee for selling an item near town as away from town as long it is sold within a week.

Even when it now are a week, the "pull before charged" wont work because you will pay beforehand so if you pull your items after a week to avoid being charged, it will fail before you already paid and if you add the item back again, it will charge you again after 30 min.

You can use this 30 min to use the vendor to trade very expensive items without getting scammed and without paying fee but you can't use the vendor for storing without paying fee.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That Maybe ... the 9X IS what is keeping vendor pricing Down
just saying ...
Get the 3X rate, installed and active, kinda likely that PRICES will go up ...

remains to be seen ... true
BUT ...

Siege IS unique ...

[/ QUOTE ]

No item insurance keep the vendor pricing down, you do not pay a mill for a hat you will lose first time you die.
<font color=red>9X IS what is keeping vendors Down</font color=red>, not the prices, it kills vendors.
Even 3x would be hard now for vendors away from town.
Reason, we have more items now. I do want to stock old potions together with the new ML ones, enhanged apples, smokebombs and plant resources. That will mean higher daily fee and that will hurt if there is days with no sale.

3x would help alot, weekly fee would make it perfect.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Like I said ... Siege IS unique ...

nice "fix" suggestion for the restock aspect ... plenty of time for a "quick" transfer to another char, via the vendor ...
fairly secure too ... for both buyer/seller ...
Plenty of time for "stocking errors" to be seen and corrected ...make up your mind and commit ... stays on the vendor &gt;operator&lt;(player).

yeah ... ONE aspect, among MANY ... lack of insurance ... however ... let's not pretend that there aren't "multi millios" OF by-item-sales
still have single item blessing on Siege ... yes? ... not really a key point of debate ...

let's just see if/howlong a daily rate to 3X takes ... eh?
^THATS^ really a "The" key point of debate ...

V

Vroc1015

I just started a vendor myself on siege, and I was somewhat shocked to discover my vendors want somewhere around 20k per day just to stand around and not sell anything. I'm not sure if the prices are 9x because I've never had a vendor on a prodo shard, but the prices should definatly be lower. You can actualy by regular items from npcs at 2x on siege, just wait for one of the faction towns to get low prices. It would be nice if vendors were 2x as well.

Vroc

F

Fayled Dhreams

just for precision ...
Prices are set by the player
FEES are in the code

FEES are pretty well showing, that they ARE 9X ... (I'm not sure if the prices are 9x ...
be assured ... they likely ARE)

Trying to get that Lowered to around 3X for the FEES rate