• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOX Stratics is back! But UOX was never gone...

Xuri

Visitor
Cool to see Stratics re-embrace the UO emulator scene, and with a homage to UOX to go along with it (Stratics once hosted both the website and IRC channel for UOX). Not sure how I feel about the UOX name itself being co-opted as a general term to cover all UO emulation discussion, though, as UOX - aka Ultima Offline eXperiment - is still alive and available at uox3 org, with the last update being released in November last year (and additional updates under way).

I worry that there being a forum named "UOX General Discussions" could potentially dilute the already precious few search results pointing to our website. Might I suggest a renaming of - at least - the general discussions forum to "Freeshards General Discussions" or "UO Emu General Discussion" or something in that vein?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No offense intended on our part. I'll come up with something different to name them, I just need to figure out something on the short side so it isn't a chore to type out when ever needed :p I just remembered the old section of Stratics named that and rolled with it since it might be recognizable to some folks.