• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UoThief.com A.OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UoThief.com User List Banishment From Rare Festivals

"The last words I have are to Chad. You always knew I wanted to be a part of your story, but it just wasn't in the cards that we were ever on the same shard at the same time. I dedicate this steal, and the entire aftermath to you bro, and I speak for every thief in UO when I say that it is a sad day when Chad Sexington leaves UO. You may not have been the first sir, but we refuse to let you be the last. -Signed, the Crimson Thieves"

I feel since the steal is dedicated and its a triumph of his website, maliciously going out of their way to try and ruin a massive event that takes months of planning and 18hours online every day of the festival to have it run right was their target... The Rares Community was the target, yes that is you. Who in Ultima Online do you think will reel in their next big prize?

The entire user list of UoThief.com should just be banished from participating in any of the Rares Festivals. Obviously from what they write this is just who they really are in real life, not a thief in a game but one who thrives and gets a high off of it.

"This suit is a symbol of our honor among thieves. It brought together so many thieves in the community, as well as many many people approaching me saying how they were now inspired to be thieves."

He is no thief, he did nothing more then a great impersonation to get on UOThief...which again...you can sit here and do nothing but just remember you're the ones who have the prime loot.

"I don't regret doing it, despite all the hatred, and threats that have been thrown my way. I broke up a one of a kind suit, to never be complete again. Each of the thieves has made a pact, to never sell our piece. They are all blessed, never to be lost. Each has become a part of our suit, as well as a part of our heart."

Yea and you flipped the community with the bill. I hope your heart can handle its weight and those you gave the items too. You didn't just pull a heist on a Rares Festival you attacked its community and they aren't just going to roll over and take it like they did on Pacific, I'm sure not.

~Lord Gareth

S

Shinobi

Re: UoThief.com User List Banishment?!?

My posting here is not meant as disrespectful, but as me offering some input:

1. Chad had nothing to do with this situation, do not hold him nor his site in bad standing. Chad, to my knowledge, has never intended to upset anyone and only wants people to enjoy his site. Do not blacklist it due to something out of his control.

2. Disguise kits.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

1.Do you know how much gold and possibly real life USD you all would have cost Sundina and Demon Slayer who devoted literally 15hours a day for over a week to try and safe guard the Festival Silent Auction house

2."I learned that he was quitting, he's from Europe (ironic) and that he didn't like my thief. He never paid the thief tax. Everyone pays it eventually sir..... and then I became him. I parked my Doppleganger, and the easy part was over."

So the little thief gang who's story you all proudly post on UOThief.com doesn't like this Europa guy...that is great because WE the Rares community were stuck with the 1.2BILLION tab, not them. If the Rares Community didn't help then you just stuck it to the two people who are busting their butts off for free for 15hours a day trying their best!!! This is how it feels HEEeey! who cares right? So long as its not your Bank account USD or Gold from your account its cool man! BUT it might be, just a little different if it was your RL bank account covering it wouldn't it?

Now you all want to talk about being a thief, playing a true and doesn't a true thief use the stealing skill? They are there without anyone knowing it but them. They strike quickly and if they are good enough you won't even know you were a victim until days later. They dont sit there and harass the entire staff and since when does a Thief PAY EMISSARIES to guild them and then steal from members and drop the guild? Really? How much are you these guys paying them to get on the UOThief website? Must be a pretty penny. Not even thieves anymore, your con-artists now bribe their way onto UOThief.com what is the going rate? I wanna know because that is sure how it feels from our side of the fence.

You all crossed the line and if your going to keep supporting that type of behavior then I think you should get its consequences as well. You planned, you plotted, you didn't give a damn and your intentions were to ruin the Rares Festival and you didn't even care what everyone put in You all came into my house dont forget that. Stalking and putting the staff through HELL!

I don't think any of you have a single clue what its like to do a festival and if you really wanted to take part and not screw over a large group of players. We could have setup a true test of a thieves skill by setting up a *Mark* event. Not a impersonation rip off sucks to be you heist!

S

Shinobi

Ok rather than get into some huge unnecessary fight i'm just going to say a few things:

What do you mean pay our way onto UOThief.com? Chad puts up anyone's stories that are related to the thief class. While i agree it was a pure scam, for some reason certain scams have always been accepted in the thief community (i believe this originated with Galad's adventures as a looter long ago). There are plenty of stories of thieves picking up items being locked down and such.

Also, i think you're forgetting this is Hoodwink who posted this, and only Hoodwink. I did not do the scam, i just offered a guild member of mine advice when asked. I do not sit on a pedestal and judge everyone below me, i just help when a member needs it.

For some reason, you think i am a scammer for accepting the helmet as a gift from a friend. If i am a scammer for accepting a scammed item, then by your logic, doesn't that make the majority of collectors dupers for collecting duped items?

And one final note...and i want you to listen really, really well:

THE ITEMS WOULD NOT HAVE A USD VALUE IF YOUR COMMUNITY DID NOT GIVE A NONEXISTENT ITEM THE VALUE TO BEGIN WITH.

Your real life loss is your own fault for putting real life value into pixels in a video game. You brought UO's consequences into real life...not us.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator

THE ITEMS WOULD NOT HAVE A USD VALUE IF YOUR COMMUNITY DID NOT GIVE A NONEXISTENT ITEM THE VALUE TO BEGIN WITH.

THE ITEMS WOULD NOT HAVE A USD VALUE IF YOUR COMMUNITY DID NOT VALIDATE ITS VALUE

IVE A NONEXISTENT ITEM THE VALUE TO BEGIN WITH.

Your real life loss is your own fault for putting real life value into pixels in a video game. You brought UO's consequences into real life...not us.
Well then what are you arguing? You wanted to be the big bad Thief Right? Then we are going to treat you like one, thats what you want right? To be a Thief? You expect us to be all open arms, oh welcome please come and screw us over again because it was so much fun the first time!

Don't pull that lame "I just took a gift from a friend" crap with me
Your loss for accepting an item you know was stolen and FYI in case you didn't know thats a big no no in real life as well. *wink*

Your loss for thinking we are just going to sit here and take it from a thief And I'm sorry you're unable to understand that your actions now have consequences.

Here is the point I'm really trying to drive Home

THIS TYPE OF BEHAVIOR WILL NO LONGER BE TOLERATED!!!

And you still have a choice!
I'll let Elvis try to explain it to you

[youtube]PU5xxh5UX4U[/youtube]​

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

I'm a member of UO Thief. I don't steal from rares festivals. :<

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UoThief.com A.OK

Thank you Shinobi for taking the morning to sit down with me and explaining the situation, the UOThief.com website and allowing me to explain our side of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.