• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOEC not displaying after patcher completes and play is clicked.

g71gx

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

having an issue with Ultima Online Enhanced Client.

when I launch Ultima Online Enhanced Client, the patcher works without issue, then when I click play my cursor turns to loading circle then goes back to a standard pointer cursor with no window.

yes I have checked all screens(ctrl, alt, tab), the game is running in task manager and I can end task but nothing else.

I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 Build 17134 with the following hardware, all updates complete and I have shut off all windows security, firewall, and defender, and have no other security at the moment.

Asus ROG Zenith Extreme X399

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X

64 GB of Gskill DDR4 3600 Ram

Samsung M.2 SSD 960 EVO 1TB

Dual EVGA GTX 1080's in SLI (please don't knock I paid $200 US each brand new)

Im at a loss of what to do, I have read that UOEC(Ultima Online Enhanced Client) is probably stuck in a infinit loop but cant manage to get it out of the loop.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hello,

having an issue with Ultima Online Enhanced Client.

when I launch Ultima Online Enhanced Client, the patcher works without issue, then when I click play my cursor turns to loading circle then goes back to a standard pointer cursor with no window.

yes I have checked all screens(ctrl, alt, tab), the game is running in task manager and I can end task but nothing else.

I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 Build 17134 with the following hardware, all updates complete and I have shut off all windows security, firewall, and defender, and have no other security at the moment.

Asus ROG Zenith Extreme X399

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X

64 GB of Gskill DDR4 3600 Ram

Samsung M.2 SSD 960 EVO 1TB

Dual EVGA GTX 1080's in SLI (please don't knock I paid $200 US each brand new)

Im at a loss of what to do, I have read that UOEC(Ultima Online Enhanced Client) is probably stuck in a infinit loop but cant manage to get it out of the loop.
I'm assuming this is a brand new PC that you built. It quite possibly may be the EC can't handle the number of cores in the CPU, this seems to happen with older games and AMD's high end CPUs for some reason. That said have you tried enabling Game Mode for the chip? Threadripper chips were targeted for content creation, such as Video Editing and Encoding, programming etc. Gaming wasn't really the focus of the chips as the Ryzen 5 and 7 chips were designed to fit that bill. However they did take into consideration someone wanting a "Do it all" PC.

I suggest you try setting the CPU into game mode, this will turn off one of the dies on the chip basically turning it into an 8c/16t chip vs a 16c/32t. You can do it by downloading and installing the Ryzen Master Utility from AMD.

AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility

Just remember to turn it back on if you are doing anything else.

g71gx

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm assuming this is a brand new PC that you built. It quite possibly may be the EC can't handle the number of cores in the CPU, this seems to happen with older games and AMD's high end CPUs for some reason. That said have you tried enabling Game Mode for the chip? Threadripper chips were targeted for content creation, such as Video Editing and Encoding, programming etc. Gaming wasn't really the focus of the chips as the Ryzen 5 and 7 chips were designed to fit that bill. However they did take into consideration someone wanting a "Do it all" PC.

I suggest you try setting the CPU into game mode, this will turn off one of the dies on the chip basically turning it into an 8c/16t chip vs a 16c/32t. You can do it by downloading and installing the Ryzen Master Utility from AMD.

Just remember to turn it back on if you are doing anything else.
thanks that did the trick!