• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOASSIST

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dismount self - double left click on self.
mount pet - double left click pet.
use ANY potion - double click potion
bandage war horse - double left click bandage then left click horse.
mount ethereal - double click ethy statue
range check last target - no idea what this is. If it says I'm not close enough I get closer.
arm weap/book - left click drag to paper doll.
use trap box - double click box.
eat apple - double click apple
use spell trigger/heal stone - double click healing stone.
You missed the bit where i said "explain to me how you do the following without stopping chase on the oponent"

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know how to set a macro to mouse buttons and wheel on CC without uoassist? Thanks
yea you can use a utility like "x-mouse button conrol" which lets you assign keys to mouse up/down, and you can set those keys to target last/self in uo.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
They are. You just have to use the enhanced client to take advantage of "enhanced" features
I really dislike it when I have one of my seizures, the room feels as if it is spinning, and I hang on for life, when sitting I feel that I am falling when standing I fight to remain on my feet.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So where exactly is the list of "non approved" programs?

I don't think it's up to the Devs to produce or maintain any 3rd party apps (uo assist for example). They have another client that offers all the options + more.

If Tug has stopped support its down to somebody else in the community to take things to the next level and produce a similar product.

If for example pinco stopped work on his (amazing) UI would it be a developer issue? No. It would be down to the community to create something similar. Same goes for the CC.

I think it is reasonable to expect developers to develop the game. Majority of people use CC, it should bot be forgotten. Fact core functions by UO Assist have NOT been integrated to game in last ..20 years and counting defies all logic and reason.
....And they certainly won't be now either, sadly.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is reasonable to expect developers to develop the game. Majority of people use CC, it should bot be forgotten. Fact core functions by UO Assist have NOT been integrated to game in last ..20 years and counting defies all logic and reason.
....And they certainly won't be now either, sadly.
Like I posted in the other thread. They Devs have said themselves they will "continue to support the CC but making the majority of improvements to the EC" but don't hold out for new features. We were very lucky to get the increased game window for the CC saying that though.

Skip to around 30 minutes in: Spam Spam Spam Humbug 28 - Ultima Online

Last edited:

Philly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I'm just a scribe....no pvp here. My wrist is already screwed from so much clicking on rune and books and scrolls ect and well wow.....someone go knock on that guys door.

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I posted in the other thread. They Devs have said themselves they will "continue to support the CC but making the majority of improvements to the EC" but don't hold out for new features. We were very lucky to get the increased game window for the CC saying that though.

Skip to around 30 minutes in: Spam Spam Spam Humbug 28 - Ultima Online
It is crazy - most potential returning vets and current players alike favor CC. It should be a no brainer to give them equal place in the sun at least. Then again, having to clients in the first place is madness.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yea you can use a utility like "x-mouse button conrol" which lets you assign keys to mouse up/down, and you can set those keys to target last/self in uo.
Hmm, will have to look into this. Tried figuring it out before to no avail, but uoassist made it so much easier to figure out. Thanks for the reply.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Bad thing here is now UOAM will not work unless UOAssist is running

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Gonna be hard to enjoy the game if the game gets shut down because there are not enough players. Polls show 2/3 of the player base use the CC. Many of the potential returning players for EJ most likely will favor the CC as well. Without a decent macro system for it, I dont see UO surviving.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If UOA goes then I'll close up shop. Only one account so EA won't go belly up over it. I'm on the edge of that now (for personal reasons) ...

I use UOA for all the repetitive stuff and assigning macro keys (to me) is more intuitive than the CC macro facility. With 1 key my tailor can take cotton or wool and turn it into thread/yarn. One keypress and I have a bolt of cloth. Same for LJ and Mining ... 4 or 5 swipes at a tree or hillside and the job is done - 1 keypress.

The organizer agents help tremendously when crafting for BODs as I can dump all of **whatever** into a special sack and fill the BOD from that. No matter the quantity as long as I don't go too far overweight.

Doesn't sound like much but to me it saves a lot of time and clicks - it has for years.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m just waiting on the outcry of the PVPers that now the game is unfair and everyone might actually survive their nonsense.

I’ll be more entertained when the devs inevitably nerf something to “even the score”.

All in all, I’m not crying that UOA is gone. But I didn’t have much use for it, except a few rare occasions. I can play the game as is, and if i have to have certain macro functions I’ll play EC with Pincos.

Now, let the games begin!
Well, there's no reason for you to bother with UO-Assist, when you use UO-St**m.

That's why there aren't alot of "pvpers" posting about this, most of them moved on to using "illegal" assistance programs.

UO-Assist seems to be working right now anyway.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You missed the bit where i said "explain to me how you do the following without stopping chase on the oponent"
I honestly can't remember the last time I was in a pvp situation. Probably the day before Trammel was released I suppose. Before Trammel I don't remember a pvp situation where it wasn't at least like 3 or 4 to one so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They need to add a tab to assign spell on hotkey.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Seems like cheating if you need to use it to PVP and if a player that doesn't pay/agree to it's terms for it is at a disadvantage.

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems like cheating if you need to use it to PVP and if a player that doesn't pay/agree to it's terms for it is at a disadvantage.
Assign hot key on a button is cheating ? O_O

it's a shortcut of record macro spell & assign on button, but UOAssist is limited to 16 macros...

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bad thing here is now UOAM will not work unless UOAssist is running
yeah, thats not true at all

search the thread where you download UOAM in the UO Resources forum for the word Papua - I explained in that thread in great detail how to calibrate without UOAssist (I'm pretty sure :) )

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I bought a high resolution monitor a few years ago. I found the 2D client suddenly too small and switched to EC. It was painful at first, but now I find it a superior client. There are some graphics I don’t like as much as 2D, but I found EC had all of the functionality I had to add to 2D via UOAssist. In fact, I think the current iteration of the EC is better than the current 2D client with UOAssist.

Broadsword should have been thinking about this day for a while. In my opinion, they should have bought the UOAssist rights and began managing Tugsoft’s service or fully integrate it into the standard 2D client for all accounts. I’m sure this is more complicated than it seem to us, the players, between EA, Broadsword, and Tugsoft. My hope is behind the scenes the developers are working out a lasting solution to keep UOAssist functionality for the 2D Classic Client. As soon as a statement clears EA legal, please let us, the players, know the plan.

In the meantime, I encourage the classic client holdouts to give the EC a try. I fought against the transition, but now enjoy the EC more than 2D.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They need to add a tab to assign spell on hotkey.
UOA can do that ... and you set the hotkey if you want. There are pre-established keys for playing the macros. record the macro (casting spell) and then go make sure a hotkey is assigned to that item (Keys tab). Depending on how you set the macro there may be a <target> command ... delete it to allow selecting your target.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did you pay for EC at some point? Did you pay for CC at some point? Each has a builtin mechanism for macroing ... you've been cheating all along.

Soooo, someone who does not wish to pay a one-time fee for UOA can still do macros. Kinda of a neat thing, wouldn't you say?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
well, I had one hell of a headache using EC for one hour in game retrieving serpent eggs last night. I am glad to see UOA working this morning thank you Tugsoft!

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the meantime, I encourage the classic client holdouts to give the EC a try. I fought against the transition, but now enjoy the EC more than 2D.
I have given the EC a couple of tries and it was nice for ship battles at sea with the larger screen but it's really not a good UI, and a game needs a good UI to go with good content to be a good game to play. UO's great content accessed via the EC is not a good experience, so I'm using the CC so that playing UO is enjoyable.

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UOA can do that ... and you set the hotkey if you want. There are pre-established keys for playing the macros. record the macro (casting spell) and then go make sure a hotkey is assigned to that item (Keys tab). Depending on how you set the macro there may be a <target> command ... delete it to allow selecting your target.
you right, that's the only way i know and it's limited to 16 macros... But if i have to make macro for 25 magery spell, mount/remount, trapbox, healing stone, stone ... i can't that's why i switched to an alternative assist. And not because of use of "cheats" as many people say here, but because UOA is anything but an assistant. It may have been useful before 2003 but with the arrival of ninja, bushido, spellweaving, necro, mysticism and others, the developer do not think we need more space for macros ?

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If UOA stops it will just mean people will switch to raz*r or uoste*m and maybe that is not a bad thing in my opinion. The EC does what each of these programs do now.

I also think UOA while being great has stopped EA/Origin/Broad/mystic from making improvements to the classic client.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did you pay for EC at some point? Did you pay for CC at some point? Each has a builtin mechanism for macroing ... you've been cheating all along.

Soooo, someone who does not wish to pay a one-time fee for UOA can still do macros. Kinda of a neat thing, wouldn't you say?
So, this goes directly against the post that said show him how to do it without UOA and then someone did and then they said you'd not be effective in PVP by doing the method without UOA.

Assign hot key on a button is cheating ? O_O

it's a shortcut of record macro spell & assign on button, but UOAssist is limited to 16 macros...
Can you do it with CC as fast as with the UOA? Does it come with the game?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
you right, that's the only way i know and it's limited to 16 macros... But if i have to make macro for 25 magery spell, mount/remount, trapbox, healing stone, stone ... i can't that's why i switched to an alternative assist. And not because of use of "cheats" as many people say here, but because UOA is anything but an assistant. It may have been useful before 2003 but with the arrival of ninja, bushido, spellweaving, necro, mysticism and others, the developer do not think we need more space for macros ?
Okay - if you can find one, look for a 1st-gen Logitech Gamers keyboard.

To the left of the key area are 18 keys (3 groups of 6) with a toggle for bank 1, 2 or 3. That's 54 additional keystrokes you can assign to items. Software with the keyboard allows you to create specific macro profiles for apps or in UOs case - characters.

A-ha! Found one ... this is the link. Keys are backlit so you can do your thing in the dark if you want. Been using one for years. If you buy used, make sure the software comes with it!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Okay - if you can find one, look for a 1st-gen Logitech Gamers keyboard.

To the left of the key area are 18 keys (3 groups of 6) with a toggle for bank 1, 2 or 3. That's 54 additional keystrokes you can assign to items. Software with the keyboard allows you to create specific macro profiles for apps or in UOs case - characters.

A-ha! Found one ... this is the link. Keys are backlit so you can do your thing in the dark if you want. Been using one for years. If you buy used, make sure the software comes with it!
I had one of those that didn't survive a Coke being dumped on it :) It was awesome. I've adapted to the G510S that is basically just as good.