• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOASSIST

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO Assist has been down 5 days as of 12-17. Tugsoft has been notified by multiple people without response or verification that this will even get fixed.

@Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix With no in game options to dress, arm, drink potions or mount a pet, I believe it's time to either approve that non approved version or recruit a freelance coder to create another STABLE AND DEPENDABLE assist version for us, the paying classic client customers.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So where exactly is the list of "non approved" programs?

I don't think it's up to the Devs to produce or maintain any 3rd party apps (uo assist for example). They have another client that offers all the options + more.

If Tug has stopped support its down to somebody else in the community to take things to the next level and produce a similar product.

If for example pinco stopped work on his (amazing) UI would it be a developer issue? No. It would be down to the community to create something similar. Same goes for the CC.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they will authorise the use of non approved UOA equivelents.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can the administrators sticky Mandrake's temporary fix post until this is resolved please?

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So where exactly is the list of "non approved" programs?

I don't think it's up to the Devs to produce or maintain any 3rd party apps (uo assist for example). They have another client that offers all the options + more.

If Tug has stopped support its down to somebody else in the community to take things to the next level and produce a similar product.

If for example pinco stopped work on his (amazing) UI would it be a developer issue? No. It would be down to the community to create something similar. Same goes for the CC.
We're banned from saying such words here as the rules don't allow it.

While it's not up to team to develop or maintain It IS up to Devs to approve such 3rd party apps so we can even speak of it. Pinco had approval.

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BTW, that why they don't ban people using 3rd party software. It's very easy for them to find illegal packets sent to server...

If they ban every players that use r*zor enhanced, uost*am, r*zor, stealt*, uocli* and all other that the crowd even don't know, they will have to close the game for sure.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to make a list of approved programs soon because if there is suddenly an influx of new players from endless journey they won't know what's allowed or not.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Am I the only one that doesn't use uoassist?
No, and it's very off putting so many people do. Video games shouldn't need things like this and they certainly shouldn't need unsupported premium ones.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, and it's very off putting so many people do. Video games shouldn't need things like this and they certainly shouldn't need unsupported premium ones.
To each their own but this has been an approved app for forever that has helped keep this game afloat.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to make a list of approved programs soon because if there is suddenly an influx of new players from endless journey they won't know what's allowed or not.
I got curious so I checked it out. There is absolutely no list of approved or disapproved 3rd party apps on the internet. With no official lists, we should be able to speak freely on such apps here. Correct Stratics staff?

This means I can legally run any program I want right?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
BTW, that why they don't ban people using 3rd party software. It's very easy for them to find illegal packets sent to server...

If they ban every players that use r*zor enhanced, uost*am, r*zor, stealt*, uocli* and all other that the crowd even don't know, they will have to close the game for sure.
At least 1/3 to 1/2 of the players would still be playing... Just saying.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
People in this thread are like...

"Nissan told me I could use premium gas in my car. Now the gas station no longer sells premium! I demand Nissan make their own premium gas or else! How can I drive with only regular?!"

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I got curious so I checked it out. There is absolutely no list of approved or disapproved 3rd party apps on the internet. With no official lists, we should be able to speak freely on such apps here. Correct Stratics staff?

This means I can legally run any program I want right?
The TOS can be twisted to mean anything they want. Here's the terms of service Broadsword Online Games Stuff like the following could be used to shut down anything.

(d) host, provide or develop services for or using the Services, or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Broadsword in any way, including without limitation through protocol emulation, tunneling, packet sniffing, modifying or adding components to the Services, use of a utility program or any other techniques now know or hereafter developed, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized access in any form over the Internet;

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The TOS can be twisted to mean anything they want. Here's the terms of service Broadsword Online Games Stuff like the following could be used to shut down anything.

(d) host, provide or develop services for or using the Services, or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Broadsword in any way, including without limitation through protocol emulation, tunneling, packet sniffing, modifying or adding components to the Services, use of a utility program or any other techniques now know or hereafter developed, for any purpose, including without limitation unauthorized access in any form over the Internet;
it mean use UOCartographer is strictly ILLEGAL... Why Stratics allow to download in their resource folder ?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
it mean use UOCartographer is strictly ILLEGAL... Why Stratics allow to download in their resource folder ?
Gotta talk to BS and Stratics. I just know what I read and I don't even really understand all I read ;)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
In general when 3rd party programs come out the game absorbs those features into it and says thanks for all your work we just snatched. But this is UO.....

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Am I the only one that doesn't use uoassist?
Add another 2. Always play CC but never used UOA. Simply never bothered looking into it... AFAWK, the only 3rd party program we have used long ago was that map thingy but can't remember the name. But we can imagine when having used such features for a long time, that it is annoying and a nuisance it no longer works.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Add another 2. Always play CC but never used UOA. Simply never bothered looking into it... AFAWK, the only 3rd party program we have used long ago was that map thingy but can't remember the name. But we can imagine when having used such features for a long time, that it is annoying and a nuisance it no longer works.
A map program I could actually use every now and then. Anyone know a good one that's current?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
When I did play in the CC I had UOAssist available, my husband got me it, but I pretty much always forgot to use it, not everyone in the CC needs/uses it.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A very long time ago it was stated by EA reps at the time that anything that does not interfere with the UO data stream can be used. UOCart, UO Bulk Order Deeds, even UOA do not alter the data stream, but use it to direct functions. UOCart is not illegal.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I really hope they approve the other 3rd party programs. I can't wait to see the new excuses from the "I don't PVP cause of cheaters" crowd.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I pretty much use UOAssist for macros that I find easier to set up in it than in UO itself (even though they can be set up in both)/

The most useful macro in the game, though, is a 2-liner is one set up in UO itself; Last Object; Last Target. Has 1001 uses from cross-healing to mining to repeating lockpicking attempts.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those of you (@Tina Small @ShriNayne @Capt. Lucky ) who are saying you don't use uoassist on classic. Please can you explain to me how you do the following without stopping chase on the oponent, just going to run through one mage:
get uocartographer to follow you? When our guild's map server goes down, nobody can play.

dismount self
mount pet
use ANY potion
bandage war horse
mount ethereal
range check last target
arm weap/book
use trap box
eat apple
use spell trigger/heal stone

Because i am ALL EARS

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Mervyn I've been using the EC for the last 18 months or so, not only have I not used UOAssist regularly for the first 7 years I played UO but I pretty much never had any macros of any kind, sorry I didn't realise PVP'rs were so totally dependent on it....

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
dismount self - double left click on self.
mount pet - double left click pet.
use ANY potion - double click potion
bandage war horse - double left click bandage then left click horse.
mount ethereal - double click ethy statue
range check last target - no idea what this is. If it says I'm not close enough I get closer.
arm weap/book - left click drag to paper doll.
use trap box - double click box.
eat apple - double click apple
use spell trigger/heal stone - double click healing stone.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
dismount self - double left click on self.
mount pet - double left click pet.
use ANY potion - double click potion
bandage war horse - double left click bandage then left click horse.
mount ethereal - double click ethy statue
range check last target - no idea what this is. If it says I'm not close enough I get closer.
arm weap/book - left click drag to paper doll.
use trap box - double click box.
eat apple - double click apple
use spell trigger/heal stone - double click healing stone.
What he said lol

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder what obligation Tugsoft has to follow in the original contract, it might be that his time has come and gone. I would have thought that he has a time to support the program but it cannot be forever.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in the day it was cheaper and easier to allow this third party to do the work of the team, was a mistake then and has done nothing but been a thorn in the side of UO ever since.

Gameboy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if it's not going to be supported or no longer supported a statement would be nice :D