• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOAM & UOCART ........

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude, seriously - THANK YOU for making this work again. I have come back after a couple of years & not one of the (3) UO mapping tools (UOAM, Ultima Mapper, UO Cartographer) worked no matter what I did or how many guides to make them work fixed them. I am now able to use UOAM like I did 10 yrs ago. I was also able to keep all my personal maps (with a bit of cleaning up).

Once again, thank you!

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dude, seriously - THANK YOU for making this work again. I have come back after a couple of years & not one of the (3) UO mapping tools (UOAM, Ultima Mapper, UO Cartographer) worked no matter what I did or how many guides to make them work fixed them. I am now able to use UOAM like I did 10 yrs ago. I was also able to keep all my personal maps (with a bit of cleaning up).

Once again, thank you!
you are welcome sir - and don't forget to get the new map5.mul file that I just posted so Eodon is up to date with the new quest areas

Tectop

Journeyman
All is working gr8. I can't say thank you enough,now I can dust off my t-hunter and Fisher and get back to playing.Thanks again for all your patience and hard work

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
all of this is fantastic but I must say the devs should of done something along time ago, it is so weak we have to download various programs when it should be part of the game. the devs could of done wonders. just my opinion

AlexVII

Visitor
This an ignant question? TerMer is a part of Ilshenar? I did all preceding and my UOAM is *working (!!), but how do I get the TerMer map up?

Tectop

Journeyman
Does anyone have a idea why auto map been working gr888 and now for past week when I click on it to start it it gets to the start up screen that reads,, Getting information from up dateace server and sits there with white screen.,far as it will go now. I am running administrator and have tried turning off security and firewall ,stil stops at same screen. It's like it's not trying to connect .all help would be much appreciated.

Tectop

Journeyman
[QUOTEY="Drakelord, post: 2728103, member: 175948"]thanks again[/QUOTE]
Thank you all for your help I went to the file location and then the shortcut in the file tha saidt Auto shark uo automap - q .This was the name of the file after all files was extracted.
Again thank you all for your help and patience.

Tectop

Journeyman
[QUOTE"Tectop, post: 2728178, member: 187781"][QUOTEY="Drakelord, post: 2728103, member: 175948"]thanks again[/QUOTE]
Thank you all for your help I went to the file location and then the shortcut in the file tha saidt Auto shark uo automap - q .This was the name of the file after all files was extracted.
Again thank you all for your help and patience.[/QUOTE]
Sorry i forgot to mention in the previous post that it's still not loading, I hate that too, I use that formy T-hunter and fFisher

Thanks again in advance

Tectop

Journeyman
[QUOTE"Tectop, post: 2728178, member: 187781"][QUOTEY="Drakelord, post: 2728103, member: 175948"]thanks again
Again thank you all for your help and patience.[/QUOTE]
Sorry i forgot to mention in the previous post that it's still not loading, I hate that too, I use that formy T-hunter and fFisher

Thanks again in advance[/QUOTE]
Anybody have any ideas?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not loading at all? try run as admin (right click shortcut - run as administrator). it is not certain however that is the cause.

Tectop

Journeyman
not loading at all? try run as admin (right click shortcut - run as administrator). it is not certain however that is the cause.
Thanks for your help. I am running as administrator but when it gets to the screen saying it's getting information from server but it stays there and never does nothing. It acts to me like its getting stopped by a firewall or in the antivirus but I have not been able to located the problem.I have turned firewall off and shutdown antivirus program and still won't work. I am on Windows Vista if that help. Thanks again for the help, I really miss my map

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you bypass the patcher, there should be no internet connection required for uoam. is it the labels dialogue you trying to download things?

Tectop

Journeyman
I don't think so, it's just one of the start up screens it runs through in a normal start up when starting.But now it just stops on that page and goes no further. I will try the -q in the shortcut again. It is showing a -q in the shortcut file that locates with the rest of the files when extracted.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you take a screenshot of the dialogue in question? I am really confused what is going on.

Tectop

Journeyman
Sure TE="Gilmour, post: 2728783, member: 38358"]Can you take a screenshot of the dialogue in question? I am really confused what is going on.[/QUOTE]
Sure I will give it a try, it will be later today, I am not at my PC at the moment.
Thanks again for your help.

Tectop

Journeyman
Wanted to give a update to all that has been helping me with this.I finally Got it working again, ended up deleting it from my PC and before downloading again I made sure it had permission to go past firewall in vista. After that it's been working fine, just hate playing without a good map.
Thanks again to everyone for all their help.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
omgosh ty for fixing this Kojak! For years i was lost when mine stopped working lol... im all excited its fixed yay!

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

I have downloaded and installed the latest version [post 208] and am very grateful.

All the town, moongate, island names etc. labels are not showing up. Right clicking the map selecting in the sub menu / Places / Show Labels and Show Shop names are checked. From the UOAM Control Panel / Map I have the following checked - Show Labels, Show Icons, Show Linked Players, Show Game Window an Show Town Labels By Name.

Any tips?

Be blessed in all your adventures,
Frederick

Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 6.44.35 AM.png

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,

I have downloaded and installed the latest version [post 208] and am very grateful.

All the town, moongate, island names etc. labels are not showing up. Right clicking the map selecting in the sub menu / Places / Show Labels and Show Shop names are checked. From the UOAM Control Panel / Map I have the following checked - Show Labels, Show Icons, Show Linked Players, Show Game Window an Show Town Labels By Name.

Any tips?

Frederick

View attachment 51664

I have found the missing files that added the labels to my fresh install of UOAM in the UO Cartography post. For me I needed to download - UOCMapAdditions.zip found in step 5 - UOCartographer

After downloading I unzipped and copied the files (.map) to my UOAM folder.

Hope that helps anyone that is doing a clean install of UOAM.

Frederick

Last edited:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you right click properties compatibility then click run this program as administrator you won't have to keep right clicking I have it all setup for UO or UO related.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
made everything into 1 zip file - also most up to date

--->>> Newest Automap <<<---
WOW!!! Thanks a million Kojak!
Your work on Automap still rocks! It works perfectly, tracks me like a bloodhound and everything is there! Last time I returned some 3 yrs ago, I was a bit put off cuz I couldnt use UOAM.. now, I can´t clap enough! BRAVO! :)

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*ALERT*

Would everyone who DOES IDOCS and USES UOAM kindly provide me their IP Address, or contact me through email or ICQ or even Skype so that I can get your IP address from those myself?

THANK YOU $$

That helpful "see where guildies are" feature is ... fun.

note: this used to be a problem, no clue if you can still track others using UOAM. Haven't used it in eons. Also, in case it's not obvious, I don't really want your IP addresses or emails... it's a joke but tracking others via UOAM was real, is it still?
well technically, only the person running the automap server itself could see your IP

the other people connected to the server couldn't - but that part about seeing people run around in real time still works just fine

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just installed this on my new computer that I built and wanted to thank you again Kojak for having this available to us!

Callise

Journeyman
I'm absolutely computer illiterate, so bear with me. I extracted all the files to my desktop and ran Automap and it worked (YAY!). So then I created a folder and put them all in there, but that caused Automap to get really mad and not work. So everything is back on the desktop and Map is working, but I know that they should live somewhere else. Where should they actually be?

Attachments

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since Vista, some programs has required admin/appropriate privileges to talk with each other, one of those affected are making map applications talk to UOAssist.

To test if it works: right click - launch as administrator

If it works:

On your "uoam.exe - shortcut", (right click it - properties), and in "compatibility" tab, tick "run this program as administrator".

Another solution windows wide is turning off UAC (user access control) entirely, but not recommended unless you know what you doing.

Let me know if it works :)

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm absolutely computer illiterate, so bear with me. I extracted all the files to my desktop and ran Automap and it worked (YAY!). So then I created a folder and put them all in there, but that caused Automap to get really mad and not work. So everything is back on the desktop and Map is working, but I know that they should live somewhere else. Where should they actually be?
I usually make a folder right off the c: drive called automap and put the files in there (c:\automap)

Dante1337

Adventurer
got map up and working for the most part . only issue being its not showing shop and bank icons on map just the map itself. what am i doing wrong ?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
check if they are ticked at: right click - map - additional settings - filter tab,

also make sure you use the shortcut (modified to your path), as the updater wont work anyways.