• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOAM problem?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone tell me (in idiot-speak please) why my automap is so slow to update since I re-installed everything after a re-format when my son installed my hdd and stuff into a replacement mb and processor? Old processor was AMD 1700XP new one is Intel 4 2200mhz (yes, I know both are ancient, piggy bank filling up slowly). I move from one place to another and than wait for the map to catch up with me.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most likely it is not getting enough proccesing resources from either the cpu or the gpu (graphics processor)

Does lowering your windows desktop resolution or turning off your av/firewall/internet security (turn it back on after testing) improve things?

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alot of the automap refresh also depends on the settings you specify when you start uoam the first time. You will get a setup box for each facet, asking how good you want the performance. I always set everything to high performance (sliders all the way to the right). You can change this after the fact by starting uoam, and click map, and (facet) performance settings, then move all the sliders to the right.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you! I knew there was something I altered before, but it's been soooo long since I last had to install it, and it all starts together from a batch file my son made.

I'd also forgotten how many other options there are when you have the frame showing with the menu at the top instead of just the right click on map menus

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does generating the maps work?

I remember the lastest UOAM version doesn't seem to use the bmps that's generated. You need to rename the bmp files to the old naming convention before UOAM recognizes it.

See here for what to rename the files to :

http://www.uoam.net/perf.html