• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOA Updater

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone else having an issue with UOA updater? It just keeps downloading the file and restarting over and over. Never seems to fully update.... anyone else?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nope but I made sure it would run as Administrator when I first installed it. Might wanna try right-click and run as Admin from the menu.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got the same problem and its so annoying , why does UOA always keep doing that at least once every month
Though, it will probably fix itself in a day or two but still annoying...

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it happens when UOA gets corrupt, only way to fix it is uninstall and reinstall

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it happens when UOA gets corrupt, only way to fix it is uninstall and reinstall
Not the case in this circumstance. Today the patch downloaded and installed first time and loaded up correctly.
Folks here is a good lesson whenever you are told the ONLY way to fix something is....X.
There are usually 9 other ways to resolve it as well.
Obviously this wasn't the ONLY way to resolve it,.... however, it does seem to be the ONLY way you thought of!

Thanks for the advice everyone..... glad I listened to those who said..... be patient!

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Have never used UOA or any other assit type program and use the CC. So UO ignorant completely. Can some one tell me the benefits of using UOA? Is UOA the auomap program? ty in advance.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Celticus, UOA is definitely worth the few bucks it costs. I have it on each account. It works with UO cartographer to give you a fully interactive map experience. But what most use it for is macros and key bindings to make playing easier.
If you play EC then you dont need UOA because that client has all those features built in.

But for CC players.......For example on why UOA is great.... say you are a miner. to harvest ore you have to double click your shovel then select where to use it. If there is ore there it pops in your pack and you start over.
Now say you bind all those actions to a single keystroke. So now you walk up to the mountain hit that key and if there is ore you will hear that digging sound and ore appears, move and do it again. and again and again. Everything is just faster and easier in UOA.

You are a tamer hunting when you get attacked by a dinosaur... dismount pet find pet bar type all guard me, type all kill and select a target. Find your bandies, double click and apply to pet... rinse and repeat.
With UOA, Dismount hit the guard me key, hit the all kill and select a target. when your pet is injured hit the bandage pet macro. No fuse no muss... nice and easy!

Hope this helps... for my UOA is a must own with CC UO!

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For crafting - Blacksmith for example - I have a training one that will produce plate gorgets ... and all I need enter is the quantity. So instead of the menu clicking, etc every time, I do it once on record, stop recording and play it any old time.

Mage training ... meditation: You would need to have your skill scroll open and click the blue button every time you want to meditate. Make a macro for it and you need not have the skills open on your screen.

Agents ...
Sell Agent: designate an inner pack as a sell pack. ANYTHING (this is the key!) in it is likely to be sold at any NPC vendor. If you have a boatload of gems you do not need/want for imbuing, put 'em in the sack and head to the jeweler!

Organizer Agent: Can have up to 3 of these. Designate inner bags, then as needed add items into the list window for that organizer. Make sure a key binding has been setup and then whenever you run that macro, anything for the organizer bag that is in the main pack is placed to that inner one.

Window Title bar: If you run with a game window title bar, you can have you stats, mage regs, necro regs, and other user-defined items on that bar for quick reference. Simply do a "Count Resources" (numlock key - twice) and UOA know how much you have, where packs and stuff is on you and more.
====
I've used UOA for years. One time registration of (I think) $15, updates as they are available. Now, the CC can theoretically have dozens of macros bound to keys, where UOA can have 16 macros plus dress/undress (4 suits), arm/disarm (4 combos), Sell, Organize, Vendor Agents (and more).

In all honesty, much of UOA is available in the EC and is slowly being added to the CC. Example of this is EC - qty of an item is readily available, there are organizers, dress and arms swaps are faster. But for me, EC visuals give me a headache and eyes hurt ... so I use CC and accept the limitations.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Celticus, UOA is definitely worth the few bucks it costs. I have it on each account. It works with UO cartographer to give you a fully interactive map experience. But what most use it for is macros and key bindings to make playing easier.
If you play EC then you dont need UOA because that client has all those features built in.

But for CC players.......For example on why UOA is great.... say you are a miner. to harvest ore you have to double click your shovel then select where to use it. If there is ore there it pops in your pack and you start over.
Now say you bind all those actions to a single keystroke. So now you walk up to the mountain hit that key and if there is ore you will hear that digging sound and ore appears, move and do it again. and again and again. Everything is just faster and easier in UOA.

You are a tamer hunting when you get attacked by a dinosaur... dismount pet find pet bar type all guard me, type all kill and select a target. Find your bandies, double click and apply to pet... rinse and repeat.
With UOA, Dismount hit the guard me key, hit the all kill and select a target. when your pet is injured hit the bandage pet macro. No fuse no muss... nice and easy!

Hope this helps... for my UOA is a must own with CC UO!
Thanks for info!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
For crafting - Blacksmith for example - I have a training one that will produce plate gorgets ... and all I need enter is the quantity. So instead of the menu clicking, etc every time, I do it once on record, stop recording and play it any old time.

Mage training ... meditation: You would need to have your skill scroll open and click the blue button every time you want to meditate. Make a macro for it and you need not have the skills open on your screen.

Agents ...
Sell Agent: designate an inner pack as a sell pack. ANYTHING (this is the key!) in it is likely to be sold at any NPC vendor. If you have a boatload of gems you do not need/want for imbuing, put 'em in the sack and head to the jeweler!

Organizer Agent: Can have up to 3 of these. Designate inner bags, then as needed add items into the list window for that organizer. Make sure a key binding has been setup and then whenever you run that macro, anything for the organizer bag that is in the main pack is placed to that inner one.

Window Title bar: If you run with a game window title bar, you can have you stats, mage regs, necro regs, and other user-defined items on that bar for quick reference. Simply do a "Count Resources" (numlock key - twice) and UOA know how much you have, where packs and stuff is on you and more.
====
I've used UOA for years. One time registration of (I think) $15, updates as they are available. Now, the CC can theoretically have dozens of macros bound to keys, where UOA can have 16 macros plus dress/undress (4 suits), arm/disarm (4 combos), Sell, Organize, Vendor Agents (and more).

In all honesty, much of UOA is available in the EC and is slowly being added to the CC. Example of this is EC - qty of an item is readily available, there are organizers, dress and arms swaps are faster. But for me, EC visuals give me a headache and eyes hurt ... so I use CC and accept the limitations.
Ty for the info!