• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOA: Error 0 Opening Classic Key

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey

I started to get an error from assist, says title "Registry Error" and as text "Error 0 Opening Classic Key" with an OK botton. pops up about 3-4 times while uo loads with assist.

tried reinstalling assist to no luck.. as far as i know both assist and classic is properly installed.

Any solution?

Greetings
Gilmour

Attachments

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
have you tried changing the startup method option for UOAssist? There's three choices in the UOAssist options, and some work better than others for some people.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tried another mode and other settings in uoa, nothing works..

i also tried reinstalled classic client, same result.

would appear uoassist dont like my newly aquired registry fixer and compresser :(

W

Wicked Jester

I am getting the same error and I have not used any registry fixer/compressor. If you figure out anything to fix this please let me know. People at UOAssist can't seem to help me. Do you run WindowsXP too?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am getting the same error and I have not used any registry fixer/compressor. If you figure out anything to fix this please let me know. People at UOAssist can't seem to help me. Do you run WindowsXP too?
i use win7, so not os related..

you got norton?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
still an issue, i am suspecting this app i got to, among other things optimize and compress the registry might be the sinner.

its called Iolo system mechanic.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any program that claims to 'optimize' or 'compress' the registry is bad in my book. MS have been working with registry based OS's for years. I do not think any third party software could hope to do any better with it. I only use one piece of software to manipulate the windows registry, and all it does is seek out and delete dead keys, such as leftovers from uninstalled software. Do you have a backup of your registry before you installed this thing? If so, I would suggest uninstalling it and restoring from that backup.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
reinstalled windows on my new SSD, same programs runnings, including the registry fixer previously mentioned, but the problem is gone.

so i dunno what was going on. but anyways, solved. :)

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Same problem here :(