• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

uo word filter

G

today a friend of mine tried to label his vendor as "stitcher's 1.5m" and it would not permit him to b/c of a slang word refering to a female body contained within it.

I know this isn't top priority, but maybe sometime in the future someone can look into this so that common legal words, or the names of items can be used for things like vendors?

I

imported_Lariat

Named on vendors and container engravings should loosen up a little IMO. Everyone has a profanity filter at their disposal, and are free to use it. Thing is, it WILL let me use "fanny" which in England is a vulgar slang term akin to an American word that starts with a C and rhymes with "bunt."

I

imported_Lariat

Aye, and that's exactly what I ended up using, but the gloves are more readily recognized as "Stitcher's" than they are "Mittens."

I

imported_Fran Fury

On Lake Austin we recently had the 2008 GOF Quint Classic. We couldn't engrave the prize chest with the event name without the filter making it look very silly because of the "classic".

G

Has been an ongoing problem. I don't think anything will be done, I have pms with jeremy about this because I bought name change tokens to name one of my characters Chastity based on the chaos comic book character. And I was told nothing could be done, not even gms could change the name for me. Even though in Luna there is an npc vendor with that very name. I was told to use a lower case L in the name in place of the I to get it to work. Needless to say I still wait and hope one day certain names and words will survive the censorship, but doubt that day will ever be a priority.