Is the UO to WoW jump viable? Are there any former UO players who have thoughts on WoW? I'm considering making the switch.
*hugs Dor back**tackles Cynewulf with a flying hug*
Sorry! Nothing whatsoever to do with WoW, but man! It is so good to see you, my friend :-D
I started playing UO in early summer of 2004, and it was the only MMORPG I had ever played. I started playing WoW in July last year with some other UO refugees, and have only logged on to UO in the time since to check my houses and do a bit of custom housing/deco.Is the UO to WoW jump viable? Are there any former UO players who have thoughts on WoW? I'm considering making the switch.
Funny you should mention the emote thing. I always typed *hugs* and things like that in my guild chat... now people in my guild who never played UO before type in emotes like that too. LOL
My husband and I quit play UO in february 2007 we had been playing UO for 10yrs at that time we gave it all up. We followed a group of friends we had made and we are still together having fun. I dont know why it took us so long to try WOW but glad we did. None of our old friends play UO anymore they all moved onto other things. I come to the boards every now and then to see what I am not missing.Is the UO to WoW jump viable? Are there any former UO players who have thoughts on WoW? I'm considering making the switch.
I have to disagree. I got tired of all the bugs and cheats in UO. Plus the fact that KR looked like they hired kindergarteners to draw the graphics. I turned off my accounts and gave away my 3 houses, including a full castle. If they had left it the way it was and just fixed all the years old bugs I would probably still be there. Anyway, I really think you will like WOW better. You can always get the free 10 day trial and see for yourself.Yea i also love the housing. However i dont think anyone can really truely quit UO... I have tryed 3 times. I even tryed selling all my accounts. When i last quit UO and came to WoW i sold all the UO accounts i had...... Guess what?! That didnt stop me i now own my 2 main accounts again after getting them back for basiclly free!! No items but still
Both games have there ups and downs and UO is alittle more open then wow which i like and the house bonus is a plus.
yet i like WoW's BG's and graphics.
Same here. I am currently playing WoW with nearly a dozen former UO players.I still play both, but WoW lately has been a lot more fun than UO, even if I still have 3 UO accounts heh.
Ha...I roleplayed a cook in UO for quite a while...in spite of it being a useless skill. The first skill I got to cap in WoW was...cooking!+ a cook is actualy usefull in WoW
The UO 2D horse is the cutest thing! Probably my favorite mob in the game.The thing that keeps me in UO...is houses , rares , decorating , dragons and nightmares.
WoW's bad things :
- 99% of the people on PvP servers are total pricks and most likely 14 years old.
- you need addons to block goldsellers their spam messages
- the lack of 'rare' colored pets...rare pets often look like any other pet...wich actualy doesn't make them special at all..
- class balance...it's never balanced...each class get it's time to shine and to be OP for a month.
- unexpected server problems , wich can happen...but it usualy takes a few hours before they get it up and running again
- No houses and no rare items...
- At level 70 things kinda get boring...
- Your account needs to be active to post or reply on the official forum
- the forum is usually full of whiners and things easily end up in flaming.
- after a few month being inactive your characters are deleted...
- playing a class that has no healing , forces you to take 'first aid' as skill...too bad the bandies don't quite do what you want them to do while you're in combat + they have a cooldown..(wtf?)