• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO RISK

G

Event Schedule: Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 10:00 pm
(Time is in your local timezone)

A unique event presented by the cities of Paxlair and the USA Alliance. This event will be a retrofit of the famous boardgame "Risk" in game. Using Vesper as the Game Board the rules are as follows:

Good wears White robes, not death robe white. Good 'moves' first.
Evil wears black or that dark, dark grey.
Please try and bring your own robe, we will have extras, hopefully!

10pm-ish Games start with a dart tournament. Each person gets five or ten throws, depending on number of people. The highest individual total for their team wins. If there is a tie, the island will remain neutral.
People will still be welcome to join the alliance, if they want to PvP, during the dart tournament.

After the winner/new ruler of the island is determined and pictures are taken, everyone that wants to PvP, or watch PvP, will meet up at the Vesper Bank, after a five to ten minute break.

This break will allow players to change characters, if they desire. A player changing characters can also change sides if they desire. For PvP battles I would like to even out teams, I'm sure we can always find volunteers to switch sides.
*Come to the dark side, Pheonix*

We can still ally folks during the break as well.

10:30-ish eastern- Bridge to bridge PvP in Vesper.
How we play will be agreed upon by both teams before combat. i.e. Defenders can start on the island, or across the bridge. Perhaps if you control the island you get to start on the island, if the island is neutral, you have to start on an island connected by a different bridge..? If you go all the way across a bridge to another island after the battle starts, you will be considered in retreat, and cannot return to battle.

I hope to play at least three rounds for three islands.

To speed up the battles, there will be no ressing/re-entering the battle.

To speed up the game-to make more moves on the board, I think each island battle should be a best of one. We could do best of three for the larger islands, or for defending territory the team controls... Just as long as both sides agree, its all good. We will work in a five minute break in all the chaos.

Hopefully pictures will be taken, die with style.

Make sure you have all your items insured, if you are going to insure items. Expect to die several times, have money to cover insurance in your bank. Gak is going to use plain 'ol Gm armor to cut down on insurance.

Of course, no looting or res killing. If you res, keep death robe on, and stand out of the action, please.

If its still early, we could PvP for another island or two... Or do a Naked dungeon crawl.

The exact times get fuzzy, because PvP battles will not all last the same amount of time.

-And a map of the game board:

G

There will be much fun to be had by all. Darts are fun, but the fighting that will take place after will be much more fun.

If you want to try out some PvP, this is a good way to get in some practice, and have a really good time.

For those veteran PvPers out there, you already know its fun. Come on out and play.

To play darts, all you will need is a white(good) or black(evil) robe and a steady hand, deadly aim, and lots of luck.

To play bridge to bridge combat in Vesper, you will need all of the above, AND to be in the Paxlair Alliance. This can be done by joining one of the guilds in the Alliance or by allying with the Paxlair Alliance.

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey is there gonna be another game next week?! i was a bad boy and went and got suspended till saturday

G

<blockquote><hr>

hey is there gonna be another game next week?! i was a bad boy and went and got suspended till saturday

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we will be playing for a few weeks, I would guess, I don't think good can hold out for too long.

We might play another game of Vesper Risk after evil mops the floor with good.

Only have to control ten areas or eradicate one team from the board, to win. So that means evil will win in a week or two...