• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] UO plants VS Real ones

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't grown UO plants since they first came out I killed all of mine back then.

I do landscaping in real life so can some one tell me if I have what the UO potions are to real pesticides. reading the sticky FAQ. This is what I get.

Poison = Insecticide
Cure = Fungicide
Heal = Surfactant
Strength = Fertilizer
Fertile dirt = compost

D

DHMagicMan_1

I haven't grown UO plants since they first came out I killed all of mine back then.

I do landscaping in real life so can some one tell me if I have what the UO potions are to real pesticides. reading the sticky FAQ. This is what I get.

Poison = Insecticide
Cure = Fungicide
Heal = Surfactant
Strength = Fertilizer
Fertile dirt = compost

It's a little less complicated than that... Poison and Cure you are right on... they cure Insects and Fungus respectively... a single dose if you have YELLOW infestation and double dose if you have RED infestation...

Heal helps your plants recover if they are anything below VIBRANT. Vibrant and Healthy plants will grow at "Health Checks" but below healthy the plant will stagnate or get worse and die without continuing to the "next stage" of growth. Generally, if a plant is "Healthy" I'll drop a single "Health" potion on it and if it's below "Healthy" I'll give it two doses of Heath potion.

Strength potion is never strictly NECESSARY but is very helpfull if you are using Fertile Dirt because it can prevent infestations which could otherwise interfere with double growth events. If I'm growing with FD I'll use 2x Strength every day... If I have a plant in "Dying" stage that for some reason I want to rescue rather than give up on I'll also give it 2x Strength along with the appropriate Health and other potions... other than that I don't use Strength that much.

Fertile Dirt is basically like "Miracle Grow"... Using it your plant has a small chance every day to get a "Double Growth" instead of one stage per day. Generally you only get one of these Double growths over the course of a plant's full growth cycle and sometimes you can get two or none. Most of us haven't been using Fertile Dirt that much lately because it takes so much (40 Dirt) to fill the bowl for the possiblity of getting to stage 7 in 5 days instead of 6... didn't seem worth the work since there aren't any mobs that drop more than 4 Dirt per kill so collecting can be VERY time consuming. Sakkarah is reducing the FD needed per bowl from 40 to 20 with the next publish so that will make using FD much more feasable in the future.