• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO not loading, can't even load login screen

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a new trial account to test how good UO will run on my cruddy laptop. At first I got it to run but I lagged horribly in Luna.... way worse than I ever lagged in 56k days. I”m not reactivating my main or sub accountt if I can't even move. Now its gotten worse. I can't even get the UO screen to show. It just has the framed window and it says “Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss Classic” I think even though I have High Seas and Time of Legends.

Is the fact i'm loading an old client? I think it might be my Firewall but Norton's (provided by Comcast Xfinity Internet) won't give me any obvous way to check the permissions. It just toggles ON / OFF. I think I have “Smart Firewall” but that isn't findable either.

Win8.1 upgraded to win10, “HP 15” laptop with AMD E1-2100 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics Accelerated Procesing Device. I think its a AMD Radeon HD 8210 GPU merged with the CPU within the same chip. 1Ghz processor? Ugh.