• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you invest the time you ought to get something for it..... lately time invested yields nothing again and again and again...

Do the roof spend 2 hours getting keys and another 2 hours doing the roof and receive NOTHING.... over and over and over again... Same with many of the other endless grinds added to the game... Despise... Doom...

Hours and hours invested for nothing gets to the point you just don't want to do it anymore.

Doing a champ spawn or doing one of the Peerless you often get something... not usually something awesome but something. And over time doing a champ you get a few pinks here and there and feel that you are actually accomplishing something. Not completely wasting your time...

Doing Peerless you often get the Essences and Resources for Imbuing and therefore get something for your time invested...

But more and more often doing much of the newer content you get NOTHING for the time you invest. Doing the roof you "might" get a Legendary... but more often you don't get anything even in the loot.

Doom... it's ruined IMO now... unless you are some uber sampire player... but the average player... it's a total waste of effort and all you will get is a multitude of death robes and all your bandages stolen... Not worth the bother.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They need to remove that random "prized" item they added to the Doom Arti drop list.....who wants a Prized lesser over an Arti?

Last edited:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They need to remove that random "prized" item they added to the Arti drop list.....who wants a Prized lesser over an Arti?
If it was a good prized artifact I'd take it over most of the stuff in Doom.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Hey death robes are great for turn in points!!!!

And they are easy to get!!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They need to remove that random "prized" item they added to the Arti drop list.....who wants a Prized lesser over an Arti?
I just realized you are probably talking about the Doom added "drop" (although it wasn't made clear), instead of an artifact drop. I agree, if that is what you are referring to.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Last one I was involved with the guards wouldnt attack the invaders. Calling guards did nothing. So they arent keeping the crafters safe anyway.
HAH! One of my crafters recalled into Trinsic and was dead soooo fast lol I knew the event was going on but it just slipped my mind

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would prefer they change the reward system to like the kotl city points. When players got enough points, they pick the reward on their own. This system got the most popular feedback so far.

The got one or none system is really frustrating for regular players. A friend and me did Doom, full run x 7 times, died a few times, we got no drop. I failed to convince my friend to go again. I did not see Doom has other active players to player with.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think they said they won't be doing a Return to Britannia, they are working on this Endless Journey idea instead... but so far it has all been a bit mysterious!

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even thought they didn't mention it, I do hope they have a Return to Brittania promotion for the event arc and 20th Anniversary.
Well I have a feeling that something like a rtb could happen. 20 years is a lot and a good starting point.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I have a feeling that something like a rtb could happen. 20 years is a lot and a good starting point.
My feeling from what she said is that they have something much grander planned to unveil on the 20th anniversary.
Of course, we are still waiting for the 2 year old acct management site too...