• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #17

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thats easy, because people have found a way to make a living off of pixels, instead of working in the real world they sit at home and play games and get paid.
A game that has 500 players on at once is proving income for how many families? I also do not care what others do for a living or understand why you need to decide what people should do to make money. I love that my entertainment spending is helping people have a happy life.

Then why must you comment on every post telling everyone how wrong they play?
Show me where I said that. Most posters don't like me because I say everyone should play how they want. If they are attended I don't care what they do.

You come troll because I quoted

" Just lighten up and enjoy your own game.:) "

How is that telling someone they play wrong?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the biggest shameful joke of this news letter is the lack of adverse actions taken to accounts. the dev have done nearly nothing to stop the use of various cheats/scripts/illegal programs. this says it all

View attachment 149951
You don't really believe those are actual numbers, right? I always assumed they just make them up on the spot for the newsletter. I would be very surprised if they were real.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
looking forward to seeing the next news letter, Cant wait to see the figures for multi boxing after this event, if there are less than 100 accts banned I will know for sure this Dev team have lost all control of this game.

After this they may as well just make it free to play and lawless because the scripters are taking the right piss in plain sight with NO fear of being actioned upon

Quality of life is always better than quantity and its about time the Dev's learnt thing.

Take out the "trash" and I am sure people will come!

What you mean it is really multiclienting, that is a perfectly legal way to use with people that have multiple accounts, paying multiple subscriptions. These people want to afford to pay extra money, 2 to 3 times sometimes four times the amount of money for subscription vs myself and those of us with only one account pay every year. (Some in the order of $500-$600 /year or more, I gather).
Multiclienting is apparently legal, and that is ok by the development team as far as I understand. I'm not doing that, I have only one account, and I still find that I have gotten all the appropriate drops and rewards. There is no point of being upset, just enjoy the event, the best you can. Obviously if you go and try to get the drops with the tamer or a spellcaster in this event it will not work very well for you and it will take forever to get the drops and the final rewards. The answer to this is to go to get a melee fighter character there is not that hard to develop and equip, and try to compete getting drops, and also to use portions of fortune, that helped massively, particularly if you are melee character since you will actually be doing some of the action. There is no point of being upset, and the game is not been destroyed.
The multiclient folks seem to be using legal game mechanics to get more drops. They are not necessarily multi-boxing, unless you can prove otherwise. I get enough drops and they do not bother me.

I agree that these events involve a lot of grinding, and a lot of the same repetitive content that can be seriously boring, enough to bore you to extreme frustration, however that is the nature of the beast. If you do not like the content than just don't do it. This game is vast enough and challenging enough to provide content including community participation, for a large variety of tastes or gameplay types.

Just one account and a small house keeps me happy enough to stay in the game, and I am not looking forward to extreme riches or specific goal other than have some fun and challenge in this imaginary world, being absolutely busy in real life, and with limited time to play.

Just lighten up and enjoy your own game.:)
Its not about loving the contend or not its about boting and multiboxing , withouth efford people having 2000-3000 some of them even more event drop at the same play time with us. Its realy huge difrence and destroy the rareity of the event stuff etc, other than that if people wanna pay account and have another houses etc AS LONG AS THEY STAY LEGAL its fine by me, no problem. Better for me even they support ultima online.but they shouldnt tolerate cheating. Thats all i said and thats my view.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheating is awful, and I report it where I find it. But I also don't get bent out of shape over it and allow it to spoil my game play.
If they're cheating in the desert, report it, then go play where they're not. There's a whole big area of Isamu where there aren't any 'trains' to get in your way.

I might be wrong though, I don't play to make gold, I don't farm stuff to sell, only to outfit my own characters and maybe an extra or two to give to friends. They're not affecting my 'bottom line' because I don't have one.

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Cheating is awful, and I report it where I find it. But I also don't get bent out of shape over it and allow it to spoil my game play...... They're not affecting my 'bottom line' because I don't have one.
There's larger , macro economic, impact to what is going on and it does affect everyone. In some respects it's quite similar to money laundering.

You have some individuals farming many tens of thousands of drops for resale. These funds are converted into cash via RMT. Additional accounts are activated for pennies on the dollar through certain foreign markets adding additional bad actors with each subsequent cycle of the process. Each of these accounts scoop up additional real estate to flip at outrageous prices or simply used as warehouses for the event drops.

The end result is many thousands of dollars are changing hands with only a tiny sliver going back to support the game. The sums may seem small in comparison, but for some it's simply a side hustle and for someone in a less developed country it is a windfall.

Like you, I simply don't let it bother my gameplay. I intentionally don't participate in most of these things as they don't interest me at all. I don't suffer from FOMO and the PVP culture that emerged post Renaissance is toxic beyond all reason. These are the things have lead to the ever steady decline of the game over the years.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What you mean it is really multiclienting, that is a perfectly legal way to use with people that have multiple accounts, paying multiple subscriptions. These people want to afford to pay extra money, 2 to 3 times sometimes four times the amount of money for subscription vs myself and those of us with only one account pay every year. (Some in the order of $500-$600 /year or more, I gather).
Multiclienting is apparently legal, and that is ok by the development team as far as I understand. I'm not doing that, I have only one account, and I still find that I have gotten all the appropriate drops and rewards. There is no point of being upset, just enjoy the event, the best you can. Obviously if you go and try to get the drops with the tamer or a spellcaster in this event it will not work very well for you and it will take forever to get the drops and the final rewards. The answer to this is to go to get a melee fighter character there is not that hard to develop and equip, and try to compete getting drops, and also to use portions of fortune, that helped massively, particularly if you are melee character since you will actually be doing some of the action. There is no point of being upset, and the game is not been destroyed.
The multiclient folks seem to be using legal game mechanics to get more drops. They are not necessarily multi-boxing, unless you can prove otherwise. I get enough drops and they do not bother me.

I agree that these events involve a lot of grinding, and a lot of the same repetitive content that can be seriously boring, enough to bore you to extreme frustration, however that is the nature of the beast. If you do not like the content than just don't do it. This game is vast enough and challenging enough to provide content including community participation, for a large variety of tastes or gameplay types.

Just one account and a small house keeps me happy enough to stay in the game, and I am not looking forward to extreme riches or specific goal other than have some fun and challenge in this imaginary world, being absolutely busy in real life, and with limited time to play.

Just lighten up and enjoy your own game.:)
Here we go again, either you have no idea what you are talking about or YOU are cheating as well

So please explain clearly how you do the following legally:-

1. several players a max speed on the same tile, not following but like is say THE SAME TILE, never getting stuck.
2. all chars that you say are multiclienting are hitting things as one, auto targeting. Now there is not way they are switching screens to target next or anything like that
3. auto hiding
4. hitting mobs then as if my automation moving on to next, diverting stupid distances from the next nearest traget

Behave, they are using an illegal script, and it would appear that the majority of players are using it as they all behave the same way, and NOT like a player at a keyboard controlling all chars

So stop being an idiot, they are multi boxing and its digesting that th eDev.sa re doing sod all about it

mihali

Sage
Here we go again, either you have no idea what you are talking about or YOU are cheating as well

So please explain clearly how you do the following legally:-

1. several players a max speed on the same tile, not following but like is say THE SAME TILE, never getting stuck.
2. all chars that you say are multiclienting are hitting things as one, auto targeting. Now there is not way they are switching screens to target next or anything like that
3. auto hiding
4. hitting mobs then as if my automation moving on to next, diverting stupid distances from the next nearest traget

Behave, they are using an illegal script, and it would appear that the majority of players are using it as they all behave the same way, and NOT like a player at a keyboard controlling all chars

So stop being an idiot, they are multi boxing and its digesting that th eDev.sa re doing sod all about it
Agreed that there are some multiboxers, but disagree that many or most players are doing it.

And no idiots on this side of the posting. No need for negative or derogatory comments, they will get you nowhere positive.

Where I play I have seen maybe 1 afker, and there are few other players playing at a time. Not playing in ATL where there are some afkers/Multiboxers.
So its pretty hard to generalize about this illegal activity you describe, that it is happening everywhere or in amy shards. Maybe it is in some, not in my shard, not that much.
This game and its Devs, as far as I have seen provide enough clues and items to do the content the best possible way. In each event there are usually KEY items, there are usually vital for that event, you just need to find out what those items are. There is really no need for multi-boxing or even multiclient to do the content extremely successfully. All one has to do is look at the clues, look what other more experienced players of done, and you can do the content extremely successfully even with one account, if you devote enough time to do the necessary homework, and enough time to actually play the game.

Looks like there are several things that are vital in order to get the most drops in these events:
-- you must use the right character type.
-- You must use the correct equipment maximizing different things appropriately on the equipment, including very importantly LUCK in this event specifically.
-- You must know what things to do in the game, and the correct things to fight or engage so you can avoid unnecessary deaths and waste of time.
-- You must listen carefully to what other players who are doing the content have recommended and use your own judgment.
-- You must use your own ingenuity and try different things, different weapons, different levels of luck and see what happens.
-- In the specific event, and other similar events potions of fortune seem to be vital, and they are not all that expensive to purchase on VS, or you can actually purchase them from the UO store, and they are not very expensive.
--Also as you play the game, FEEL THE GAME and see what works and what does not work, see what results in more drops and what results in less drops, if you want to get drops. Try different locations different mobs, a different approaches. Most importantly develop a character that is capable of doing the content most efficiently also.
--Put the right character together, with enough luck and/or buy a few potions of fortune (they are vital), do the right things, and I bet you with just one account you can make several thousand drops between now and December 20 when the event ends. No cheating no multi-boxing and was just one account. You just got to do the right things, and you can find out what those right things are by listening to more expert players (some of whom have devoted a lot of time detailing specific details about the event, and we should all be grateful to them for that), what they have done and how they are dealing with the content the correct way. The clues are in the event itself and the rewards list also.

I agree that there is cheating, and also I can see that the devs have serious difficulty catching them, as they have difficulty catching people are used illegal scripts, and illegal clients.

However this is not going to affect my game, and the enjoyment of the game, since am not looking forward for any other specific gains other than just have fun, and get some halfway decent items.
Basically I'm not going to be bent out of shape, and with what I'm using right now that is one account in the limited amount of time that I have have already gotten thousands of drops, without cheating, and was just paying attention to more experienced players, and also the clues provided by the game itself and the items offered as rewards in each of these events.

Maybe someday the devs will somehow be able to detect scripters and multiboxers better. I sure hope they do.

In the mean time just enjoy the game and have fun.;)

Last edited:

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I believe they are banning people for at least scripting, there was a guy on Legends who was clearly scripting. The first night I saw him he was outside The Waste running around in on the same route and if a monster spawned (normal ones not the ice ones) he'd stop and kill it then continue back on the same circle, not sure how he got outside the event zone but if he had been at his keyboard he would of gone back inside the waste I assume. The next night he was inside the Waste running around dragging a ton of paragons behind him and onto me constantly and doing the same circle in the same spot over and over. I asked him to stop doing so and when he never responded and continued on his scripting route I paged a GM and after I got a response a little while later he stopped dead in his tracks then poof he was gone and has never been back since and it's been over 3 weeks now.

Can't anything for the ones dragging 3-5 garg throwers behind them in the Winter Spur area but then again I never paged on them because they weren't dragging paragons on me yet and didn't seem to be doing a loop although probably using a program to control that many.

mihali

Sage
;)
I believe they are banning people for at least scripting, there was a guy on Legends who was clearly scripting. The first night I saw him he was outside The Waste running around in on the same route and if a monster spawned (normal ones not the ice ones) he'd stop and kill it then continue back on the same circle, not sure how he got outside the event zone but if he had been at his keyboard he would of gone back inside the waste I assume. The next night he was inside the Waste running around dragging a ton of paragons behind him and onto me constantly and doing the same circle in the same spot over and over. I asked him to stop doing so and when he never responded and continued on his scripting route I paged a GM and after I got a response a little while later he stopped dead in his tracks then poof he was gone and has never been back since and it's been over 3 weeks now.

Can't anything for the ones dragging 3-5 garg throwers behind them in the Winter Spur area but then again I never paged on them because they weren't dragging paragons on me yet and didn't seem to be doing a loop although probably using a program to control that many.
Good job!
I would page on the 5 gargie throwers if they look suspicious also! If they are found to be multiboxers they should be banned as well. More players should be willing to report illegal activities in these events. This should iclude afk players as well. If someone is willing to risk ban on their accounts, its on them! The problem may be that it could take some time for a GM to respond. They should have GMs available during events to respond quickly.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Minax and Luka are just two scripting cheats on Legends. There are several more that I have paged on luckily I got all the items I need there

Lady Sylph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
;)

Good job!
I would page on the 5 gargie throwers if they look suspicious also! If they are found to be multiboxers they should be banned as well. More players should be willing to report illegal activities in these events. This should iclude afk players as well. If someone is willing to risk ban on their accounts, its on them! The problem may be that it could take some time for a GM to respond. They should have GMs available during events to respond quickly.
Yeah I saw another one last night in Winter Spur dragging around 8 other characters... 3 of them were garg throwers I saw afk macroing in the bank the morning before (almost seems like they are in a mad rush to get all the drops they can before the ip EJ change this week or something lol). I reported them at Winter Spur yesterday but not sure if a GM was on or got to them.

Minax and Luka are just two scripting cheats on Legends. There are several more that I have paged on luckily I got all the items I need there
I don't know if I've seen those two names before but then again I don't do a ton of things yet just mainly taming Cu's, The Roof, and crafting so haven't been to all the good drop places yet that they would probably farm.