• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #17

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A new edition of the Ultima Online Newsletter has been released you can read the newsletter via the Continue Reading link below.

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damn almost had a heart attack reading this:
One Account, One IP:

Then I saw EJ.

Hope that helps the whining about Bots, now they will just pay.

Who woulda thought so many so called bugs were the game working as intended.

1698870602365.png

Bulky newsletter.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Pretty thorough update. VPN / EJ change is HUGGGE. Hopefully will bring an end to the unlimited botting that has been ruining events.

Bug section with responses also a nice touch. I assume this is the workings of the community manager doing better job to address lingering questions and comments.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have 9 EJ accounts. i don't use them for bots or whatever else people use them for. i play on siege. i have a question about this change. does that mean if i have 9 EJ accounts, i can only login with one at a time per IP? OR that only one can be EJ and i'll have to specify it as such?

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have 9 EJ accounts. i don't use them for bots or whatever else people use them for. i play on siege. i have a question about this change. does that mean if i have 9 EJ accounts, i can only login with one at a time per IP? OR that only one can be EJ and i'll have to specify it as such?
As it is written - you can log in to as many EJ accounts as there is different servers, but only one account on same server per ip adress... So that means that you and your friend can not sit on EJ in the same location or ip adress playing together - or you can not use several EJ accounts on siege at the same time, only one EJ from your location at same time... and if you are on a shared location, as VPN, University or other locations and other peoples log in with a EJ account - you can loose connection.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tritons are about to go up in price, since you can't just use 8 EJ Throwers to bring down Plunder Beacons for Mythic Cargos then. Getting a Lvl 6 Arcane Focus on dead shards is about to get harder too, especially for chars that use JoAT for some SW spells.
Don't think the EJ change though will drastically impact the amount of botting going on in "Treasures of " Events, since all drops/rewards gotten by EJs are Account Bound in those events. It will have an impact though on the Splintering Bokuto Bots, Heartwood Bots, and Fishing Bots (ASoS/Fabled Fishing Net) though.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
2. Veteran Accounts Unaffected: For our valued veteran players with active subscriptions or game-time, rest assured that your experience remains unchanged. There will be no interruptions or alterations.

Is that there way of saying multiboxing on paid accs A'okay? I don't see reason to post it in section about EJs if not...

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Don't like the 1 account per IP rule regarding EJ.

I got a support character on an EJ account who does the following:
A. resurrects my dead pets
B. let's me start VvV (need 2 on shard)
C. gets my main character a 6th circle spell at the Britain bank

So if I do not want to use VPN, I cannot do A (resurrecting pet of main character) because the moment I log out with my main, the pet gets stabled.
However, I might still be able to do B. and C if I log out with the main, quickly log in and log out with EJ support character parked at the Brit bank, and re-log with my main character hoping that the EJ account has not timed out. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why would they suddenly announce a measure against cheating it's against the super secret secret policy

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why would they suddenly announce a measure against cheating it's against the super secret secret policy
Did they say this was a cheating deterrent? They said even playing field. Look at all the things the poster above you does with EJ accounts. I do not call those things cheating.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't like the 1 account per IP rule regarding EJ.

I got a support character on an EJ account who does the following:
A. resurrects my dead pets
B. let's me start VvV (need 2 on shard)
C. gets my main character a 6th circle spell at the Britain bank

So if I do not want to use VPN, I cannot do A (resurrecting pet of main character) because the moment I log out with my main, the pet gets stabled.
However, I might still be able to do B. and C if I log out with the main, quickly log in and log out with EJ support character parked at the Brit bank, and re-log with my main character hoping that the EJ account has not timed out. Please correct me if I am wrong.
As long as your main account is paid then you can use your one support EJ account at the same time. If both are EJ then you will need to sub one of them.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't really matter, if multiboxers have to pay for accounts. As long as they RMT the farmed stuff and break even, they won't care, if they get banned 3 times or 30 times in the meantime. If they don't break even, it is a different story though.
At least BS earns some good money with it, if they create new accounts over and over again...

Last edited:

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that there way of saying multiboxing on paid accs A'okay? I don't see reason to post it in section about EJs if not...
No, that's just you interpreting their words, as you see fit.
Just because you can run multiple vet accounts on the same shard, doesn't automatically legalize multiboxing. You will still get banned for it, if caught.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
However, I might still be able to do B. and C if I log out with the main, quickly log in and log out with EJ support character parked at the Brit bank, and re-log with my main character
Yes that is the solution for getting a 6 circle.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
No, that's just you interpreting their words, as you see fit.
Just because you can run multiple vet accounts on the same shard, doesn't automatically legalize multiboxing. You will still get banned for it, if caught.
*shrugs* I still feel like that part of post was only missing a few wink emojis behind it...

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have no trust in the developer that they can implement the EJ check without side effects.

And its a typicial marceting FAQ

Fact 2: Veteran accounts are not affected
Question: I have a veteran account. Will this affect me?
Answer No.

Fact 3: Multiple EJ accounts can connect different servers
Question: Can I still play on different servers with multiple EJ accounts?
Answer: Yes

My question is, who was the audience which ask thoose questions? A pumkin?

Is this the work of a CM? Sorry, please don't answer a Pumkin. This spares some bytes and may help to save the planet.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And its a typicial marceting FAQ
Actually it covered all of the questions I had. No complaint from me.

This spares some bytes and may help to save the planet.
You can never post enough crap in the net. After all byte manufacturers need to make money and could run out of business otherwise. Would be a sad life, if we had the internet, but no more bytes left to clog it even more...

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The comments regarding the quest system sound like the system is fleshed out enough that the team should be providing a demo. I think this is the first we've heard specific mention of there being an update to the quest system - I could be wrong on that one.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The comments regarding the quest system sound like the system is fleshed out enough that the team should be providing a demo. I think this is the first we've heard specific mention of there being an update to the quest system - I could be wrong on that one.
The dynamic quests are basically it. But quests will be more involved with skill gain and other things.

They can't show us things they may scrap or posters will complain about those things not being in the final product. Some things that may sound good or work in testing may not transfer well to the game with more players and more systems.

The best thing is they may bring some of the popular mechanics to live shards if possible.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
i assume the nice looking snow statues of the monsters will be Krampus rewards? Seeing as the tot runs through 12/20/23

anyone think they would do two dungeons live at the same time ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i assume the nice looking snow statues of the monsters will be Krampus rewards? Seeing as the tot runs through 12/20/23

anyone think they would do two dungeons live at the same time ?
Tokuno is pretty empty on LS. Many are done, or they just want a few things. There are lots of rewards that are great.

I was hoping a spawn and the snow statues were participation drops. But seems Krampus related.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
My question is, who was the audience which ask thoose questions? A pumkin?
Actually it covered all of the questions I had. No complaint from me.

Think you may have admitted to being a "pumkin"? but I don't discriminate.

You can never post enough crap in the net. After all byte manufacturers need to make money and could run out of business otherwise. Would be a sad life, if we had the internet, but no more bytes left to clog it even more...
I think you have answered all my questions.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Tokuno is pretty empty on LS. Many are done, or they just want a few things. There are lots of rewards that are great.

I was hoping a spawn and the snow statues were participation drops. But seems Krampus related.
or at least make them choice you want rewards like the tot menu. probably wont happen but like i want the ettin and ogre and dragon.... dont too much care for the bird statue, which if its Krampus means i will get that one over and over..

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran

I'm curious to know from where one will be able to get the new CHRISTMAS ( :cool: ;) ) themed Pillows & Rugs.

My "work hypotesis" as now is that they could be an Artisan Festival Reward...

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 16-00-27 Ultima Online Publish 116 uo-cah.com.png

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
my guess would be next years artisan tree stuff, as this year wraps up the virtue themed ones

but who knows ?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That would be nice...though the pillow are kinda MEH...they look flat. Maybe they look better in game. I hope!

But I do love the rug pieces.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious to know from where one will be able to get the new CHRISTMAS ( :cool: ;) ) themed Pillows & Rugs.

My "work hypotesis" as now is that they could be an Artisan Festival Reward...

View attachment 148788
There is still the final set of stained glass windows and bedspreads to complete the 8 of each vice/virtue sets. My guess it's Christmas Holiday gifts. I hope to hell it's not a Krampus drop, I will be doing current event until DEC20th allowing little time for Krampus.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is still the final set of stained glass windows and bedspreads to complete the 8 of each vice/virtue sets. My guess it's Christmas Holiday gifts. I hope to hell it's not a Krampus drop, I will be doing current event until DEC20th allowing little time for Krampus.
Now if Krampus comes to tokuno..

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I don't think they added anything to Krampus. I just think that they are turning it on, to give people a chance to get the recipes and the krampus stars. (not everyone was lucky enough to get what they wanted and might want to try for it again) And by the beginning of December, some people might be burned out on doing the Treasures event (not me, I'm like a yo-yo, my attention is pulled in different directions)

(my thoughts based on the data-mining that uo-cah did)

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lol at all the suckers who transmogged their robe or archlich.
Goodbye 200mill+ for robe
Goodbye 700 sovereigns

working as intended:violin:

they should write those 3 special words for every single bug report then bam QA done. Go home early on Friday.
I know someone who did it to 3 robes and she quit game now hahaha.

and I managed to scam someone by selling them a transmogged robe on a parrot full price, it don’t even say “cannot be repaired” on it lol. The perfect crime as they won’t find out for a week or so.

Last edited:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They need to fix the issue or give people there money back total BS
They sale something that ruins your items

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
  • vrulkax-the-exalted-artificer-deletes-items - The Scholar's Halo cannot be transmogrified into a Bone Helm due to incompatible medable properties (meditation item v. non-meditate item)

• they didn’t actually say they are going to fix the issue with the item being deleted, so we can still trick people into giving their transmogged hats to vrulkax and they lose it? What is supposed to happen is for vrulkax to just say he can’t accept it. This newsletter is a trolls dream come true. I’m going to see how many people I can convince to give their transmogged hats to vrulkax to get say a gargish captain Johns or gargish mark of travesty which sell for over a plat. And they will lose their Magery mark of travesty which is at least 500mill haha

Last edited:
Multiboxing is destroying the game sadly. Nothing have value anymore and event items etc everyone farming with multibox like crazy! there is millions of event drops in economy now and nothing rare. im returned player. when im backed im totaly shocked that we cant even buy a simple house under a plat 7 character slot is enoufh for everything pluss u can always have soul stones.No one actualy need a second account! It must be 1 account per Ip and who ever multiboxing is clearly cheater my opinion.

mihali

Sage
What you mean it is really multiclienting, that is a perfectly legal way to use with people that have multiple accounts, paying multiple subscriptions. These people want to afford to pay extra money, 2 to 3 times sometimes four times the amount of money for subscription vs myself and those of us with only one account pay every year. (Some in the order of $500-$600 /year or more, I gather).
Multiclienting is apparently legal, and that is ok by the development team as far as I understand. I'm not doing that, I have only one account, and I still find that I have gotten all the appropriate drops and rewards. There is no point of being upset, just enjoy the event, the best you can. Obviously if you go and try to get the drops with the tamer or a spellcaster in this event it will not work very well for you and it will take forever to get the drops and the final rewards. The answer to this is to go to get a melee fighter character there is not that hard to develop and equip, and try to compete getting drops, and also to use portions of fortune, that helped massively, particularly if you are melee character since you will actually be doing some of the action. There is no point of being upset, and the game is not been destroyed.
The multiclient folks seem to be using legal game mechanics to get more drops. They are not necessarily multi-boxing, unless you can prove otherwise. I get enough drops and they do not bother me.

I agree that these events involve a lot of grinding, and a lot of the same repetitive content that can be seriously boring, enough to bore you to extreme frustration, however that is the nature of the beast. If you do not like the content than just don't do it. This game is vast enough and challenging enough to provide content including community participation, for a large variety of tastes or gameplay types.

Just one account and a small house keeps me happy enough to stay in the game, and I am not looking forward to extreme riches or specific goal other than have some fun and challenge in this imaginary world, being absolutely busy in real life, and with limited time to play.

Just lighten up and enjoy your own game.:)

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As long as it's Pawains version of how it should be..
I don't care what other players do. If someone does not enjoy whatever game they play, why are they playing it? I'll never understand why someone chooses to do something for entertainment they do not like.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't care what other players do. If someone does not enjoy whatever game they play, why are they playing it? I'll never understand why someone chooses to do something for entertainment they do not like.
thats easy, because people have found a way to make a living off of pixels, instead of working in the real world they sit at home and play games and get paid.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Then why must you comment on every post telling everyone how wrong they play?