• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO mixed with RL ???

• Thread starter UODevTracker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

TheGrimmOmen

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i cant be the only one that does this.

have you ever been doing somethng in RL and you either blurt out something that you would only ever hear in UO or you have to bite your tounge to stiffle a laugh cause you all of a sudden think of a nice UO "insert UO'ism"

i work on a ambulance.
the other night i got a call for a broken leg.
as i walked up to the poor girl she looked me in the eye and asked me to please help her, and my mind, which allways seems to be in smart ass mode, i really wanted to look her dead in the eye and say "gah, sorry, it says benny acts. IS ANYONE HERE IN FACTIONS THAT CAN HELP US WITH A HEAL HERE???"

i cant be the only one that thinks of stuff like this, am i?

i was driving down the road the other day and a young kid in a rice rocket went flying by me and i yelled out "SPEEEEEEEEED HAXXOR!!!!!!!!!!!"
and of course got the strangest look from my wife.

i went out to feed my dogs last week, one of which is a new pup, and im trying to get her to do some beginer learning or some tricks.
so i was trying to get her to sit down and such.... and i caught myself saying "you are a nobel creature..... will you come with me......" i could even see the blue emote above my head!!!!!

your in line waiting to pay for your x-mas gifts and you have the urge to drop an Armagedon spell on everyone so you can get to the front of the line.
but then you think.... shoot, that will throw me back as well.
oh well..... Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym!!!!!

ever get a paper cut and the as you suck on your finger you find yourself saying in your head "In Vas Mani"???

ever see someone you dont like from accross a room and think to yourself "Cor Por..... COR POR!!!!!!"

you ever been sitting in a meeting and think to yourself.... if only i had a smoke bomb i could pop that sucker and stealth out of here and they would be looking everywhere for me in there and i wouldnt even be in there anymore!

you ever stop to help someone who has ditched out their car on the highway and think to yourself..... what we need here is a Greater Dragon, that sucker would pull this out with no problem.

*sigh*
Well, I have a different perspective on the whole UO/RL story. When we were working on UOKR at Redwood Shores, I was in a doctors office and remember telling some of the character guys over the cell phone that we needed to make sure that we get all the undead delivered on time, that the pixies needed cleaning up, and asked if someone would take a look at the dragon we got in yesterday. I got off the phone only to find everyone in the doctors office staring at me blankly.

I just pointed at the phone and said "... work,work, work!"

-GO