• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO life is what it is.

mihali

Sage
By the way this may be the answer to my earlier question on how to deal with Para GD Para SW, and maybe even Para AW : Team of 2 works with : Well trained / skilled Cusidhe with Chiv/AI --> Rips them apart, but I msuspect you may need to consume damage on the doggie. And archer with nuke cold AI Bow. Just got to work together as a team.

Frizzman

Visitor
I can clear the entire dungeon level alone with a SW Archer. I have to hunt things to kill afterwards.
This event is so dead now even Dr Frankenstein would have issues bringing it to life.

piss poor design and implementation of this event and the bandaid fixes have killed it.

May as well turn it off, the dungeon is empty of players. After cleaning the dungeon alone, i had beaten my armor/jewels/weapons durability down in order to obtain 3 fey drops.
After 2 weeks of random attempts i now have 56 drops saved.

save face EA, just fn turn it off already, youre embarrassing yourselves....BAD

mihali

Sage
I can clear the entire dungeon level alone with a SW Archer. I have to hunt things to kill afterwards.
This event is so dead now even Dr Frankenstein would have issues bringing it to life.

piss poor design and implementation of this event and the bandaid fixes have killed it.

May as well turn it off, the dungeon is empty of players. After cleaning the dungeon alone, i had beaten my armor/jewels/weapons durability down in order to obtain 3 fey drops.
After 2 weeks of random attempts i now have 56 drops saved.

save face EA, just fn turn it off already, youre embarrassing yourselves....BAD
Not really : Last night alone, with only one touch of the luck statue for 1 hour, and after 2-3 hours of archery play, I brought back 25 drops. The secret is luck, plus working with 2-3 others. Agree that it is repetitive, but drops there are. You just got to do the right things. I use CC, and the CC provided macros for targeting. You just got to tweak it a little, use the right template, and work with others esp. on the paras. Just got to run around, and avoid getting killed, and keep running. Spellweaving does not work too well there. Used to be ok first 2-3 days but since then not too productive, so Archery / SW maybe not working too well. I use Archery and Bushido, seems to work ok for me. Also the fight is the fun part, not the drops.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd disagree. If that were the case then why even bother fighting in the dungeon? Why not just go wander around aimlessly killing stuff?
This is why yukio quest was perfect and the framework for that entire arc should have been adapted for all going forward toss in adding everything to high seas..

mihali

Sage
This is why yukio quest was perfect and the framework for that entire arc should have been adapted for all going forward toss in adding everything to high seas..
Multi-part quest aversion sadly caused me not to do that quest. The item though was damn well worth it.:rant2::rant2:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cheaters exist, in all games, be it online or RL. I refuse to let them spoil my enjoyment of the game I love.
I have happily, and successfully gotten drops in the dungeon with my archers on 2 shards. I have happily and successfully gathered eggs without too much interference from scripters, also on 2 shards.
Report them when you find them, then find a way to work around them, beat them to the eggs, find the ones they don't know about. Don't let them get to you, it only increases your stress levels, doing harm to you, not them. Getting bent out of shape by these low-lifes is not good for your health.
I have nothing but contempt for someone who can't play a game without cheating, I play to have fun, and that's what I aim to do.

mihali

Sage
Some amazing (for me) discoveries:

Archery arrow holders can be refilled by container by single clicking the container on you back and pack that carries the arrows, and it will refill correctly the full amount of arrows to the container! Will not do the same when you are out fighting from your back pack. (would be pretty nice).

Paragon GDs and Para SWs are not lorable with 120 Lore, not easily anyways.
Also Cus that are specific for energy and cold damage 50/50 do extremely little damage to these paragons.
All sorts of "wrong" temps and weapons including bows on Atl event.
Pure tamer with any pet alone, very poor template to get "drops", and pretty easy to die in there, due to retargeting, and need to be on foot a lot of time, with nor ability to run unless gargie.

These Paras are definitely boosted and on steroids!

Any one has any info on stats on these GD and SW Paras?

Also on Atl I saw a tamer toting 3 Nightmares in Dest. Did now know that was possible!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Archery arrow holders can be refilled by container by single clicking the container on you back and pack that carries the arrows, and it will refill correctly the full amount of arrows to the container! Will not do the same when you are out fighting from your back pack. (would be pretty nice).

Also Cus that are specific for energy and cold damage 50/50 do extremely little damage to these paragons.
Pure tamer with any pet alone, very poor template to get "drops", and pretty easy to die in there, due to retargeting, and need to be on foot a lot of time, with nor ability to run unless gargie.

Also on Atl I saw a tamer toting 3 Nightmares in Dest. Did now know that was possible!
I assume you are talking about the dungeon ones. You can not lore those, but:
The resists and stats are the same as normal ones. The paragons have more HP. The dungeon paragons have a lot more HP. But, they rest of the skills, resists, damage type, and abilities are the same as normal ones.

Since those you mentioned are tamable, you can find their resists here: Ultima Online Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com

Not sure why you think your Cu is not doing damage to them, they are both lower in cold and energy resist. What build does the Cu have? It's either just the high HP or you did not choose to build an AI/Chiv Cu.

CuSidhe Building Guide

mihali

Sage
I assume you are talking about the dungeon ones. You can not lore those, but:
The resists and stats are the same as normal ones. The paragons have more HP. The dungeon paragons have a lot more HP. But, they rest of the skills, resists, damage type, and abilities are the same as normal ones.

Since those you mentioned are tamable, you can find their resists here: Ultima Online Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com

Not sure why you think your Cu is not doing damage to them, they are both lower in cold and energy resist. What build does the Cu have? It's either just the high HP or you did not choose to build an AI/Chiv Cu.

CuSidhe Building Guide
I think that it is the extremely high HPS with these specific Paragons giving this damage progression. The Cu is a "mistake" on Atl, it is a 110 wres, 90 Chiv Chiv/AI/Goo one. Just wanted to experiment with tamer on Atl. Not my serious fighter. Appreciate the info. I also have a fire beetle, RC/AP/Poison that when in group against these, causes these top tier Paragons go down a lot faster due to the debuffs, esp when another player has Disco or Disco pet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Until the chivalry is over 100 it does not do its maximum damage. Also pets do 1/2 damage on the dungeon paragons.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

They need to fix it so ship hold counts as secure container for refilling quiver