• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO life is what it is.

mihali

Sage
Devs this and that and scripters and bot and so on : Who cares? Your game play is your game play. So adapt and enjoy. Sandbox 101.

So what I did changed the temp from a melee fighter to an archer - was easy peasy. Just got my archery to 120, added anatomy and got a nice cheapo Bow, that hits Phys 60% and Cold 40%, even spits light blue bolts and lighning close to 48%. Cost me roughly 2 M. (I made it myself! hehe). Dragon slayer to hit the hardest mobs there, and 52% damage increase, 25 SSI (Thats all I needed).
I kind of feel bad I cheaped out the durability to 167, was an experiment, but seing how well it works, now I feel I sould have done 255, but its fine will still last a while.
Hit and run all the time. Cornered? Sacred journey out., then back again.
So from Sampire to an archer! Never was a serious archer for years, and this is fun to play him in this goofy event.
Still hate the 60 point breath bombs from the paras. Hope evasion may help with that.
I tried eggs but not really the fun I enjoy.

Frizzman

Visitor
at this point the scripters and the bots arent the issue..... the death blow the devs gave to the event making it a pointless venture is the problem.
we all will agree that we would rather deal with scripters and bots than to waste our days in a dungeon for a handful of drops

without too much thought involved, i am sure the sale of glorious fortune pots has plummeted to zero.... this fix not only hurts the entire player base, it is a revenue killer for EA.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
at this point the scripters and the bots arent the issue..... the death blow the devs gave to the event making it a pointless venture is the problem.
we all will agree that we would rather deal with scripters and bots than to waste our days in a dungeon for a handful of drops

without too much thought involved, i am sure the sale of glorious fortune pots has plummeted to zero.... this fix not only hurts the entire player base, it is a revenue killer for EA.
Plus any communication a little acknowledgement and accountability go a long way.....

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not just this event... it's any event anymore. Currently at my shard's EM event. Saw this log in.... 15 dang chars standing there that all logged in together, 3 of the 15 ran inside the building where the event is happening. The other 12 will stand there until the 3 main multiboxer chars move them. And DON'T anybody give me that crap about how do I know they are multiboxing. I've played for 22+ years now, I KNOW the difference between multiclient and multiboxing.

Screenshot 2022-05-22 205409.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not just this event... it's any event anymore. Currently at my shard's EM event. Saw this log in.... 15 dang chars standing there that all logged in together, 3 of the 15 ran inside the building where the event is happening. The other 12 will stand there until the 3 main multiboxer chars move them. And DON'T anybody give me that crap about how do I know they are multiboxing. I've played for 22+ years now, I KNOW the difference between multiclient and multiboxing.

View attachment 130590
Multiboxing clients would all enter at the same time. Multiclient followers can not enter at same time.

Seems like you don't know the difference, sorry.

Would be nice if my archer bard would follow me up and down the ramps or out the entramce of Destard, he would die a lot less.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Devs this and that and scripters and bot and so on : Who cares? Your game play is your game play. So adapt and enjoy. Sandbox 101.

So what I did changed the temp from a melee fighter to an archer - was easy peasy. Just got my archery to 120, added anatomy and got a nice cheapo Bow, that hits Phys 60% and Cold 40%, even spits light blue bolts and lighning close to 48%. Cost me roughly 2 M. (I made it myself! hehe). Dragon slayer to hit the hardest mobs there, and 52% damage increase, 25 SSI (Thats all I needed).
I kind of feel bad I cheaped out the durability to 167, was an experiment, but seing how well it works, now I feel I sould have done 255, but its fine will still last a while.
So from Sampire to an archer! Never was a serious archer for years, and this is fun to play him in this goofy event.
Still hate the 60 point breath bombs from the paras. Hope evasion may help with that.
And you get arrows from the Centaurs! My Archer Bard can peace his way out of trouble, but I also lead the Dragon paras away and Sacred Journey.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Multiboxing clients would all enter at the same time. Multiclient followers can not enter at same time.

Seems like you don't know the difference, sorry.

Would be nice if my archer bard would follow me up and down the ramps or out the entramce of Destard, he would die a lot less.
You're being stupid. Why you condone multiboxers I'll never know.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On ATL, the scripters/bots were lagging the entire dungeon. You would take 3 steps and stop for 5 seconds. It was horrible. When they made the changes and the scripters/bots were no more, the lag was fixed. If the actions of those accounts make ignoring them impossible, then I take issue with that.

Currently on ATL, I think the event seems similar to previous ones in terms of drops. I feel bad for smaller shards that appear to get overwhelmed by the paragons.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're being stupid. Why you condone multiboxers I'll never know.
No you are just wrong. Look up multiboxing. The commands go to all toons. So they can all enter dungeons at the same time. Multi clienting toons can not. Thats why those guys could not all enter at the same time.

You need to learn what is what. Are you saying me using a bard to follow my melee toon is multboxing?

Kyronix saw me doing it in Fire and commented that it was a nice way to play. And said i have a nice mount.

mihali

Sage
I use CC. Have never liked EC. But here is a question - Can you switch quickly between 3 different weapons (Bows) on the fly in CC? I know it works with 2 weapons. Is EC better for this? Can you switch on the fly on EC between more than 2 weapons like in this event you optimally would switch Dragon to Reptile to Fey specifically for some hard hitting mobs like Paras etc.
I also use the Fey Tali, so with Fey slayer weapon hits Para Feys nicely. Thancs for info in advance.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use CC. Have never liked EC. But here is a question - Can you switch quickly between 3 different weapons (Bows) on the fly in CC? I know it works with 2 weapons. Is EC better for this? Can you switch on the fly on EC between more than 2 weapons like in this event you optimally would switch Dragon to Reptile to Fey specifically for some hard hitting mobs like Paras etc.
I also use the Fey Tali, so with Fey slayer weapon hits Para Feys nicely. Thancs for info in advance.
You may be able to use the dress macro for that, but it is too complicated for me to just re dress. lol

Wait why are you wanting to switch from dragon to reptile? Dragon hits 300% Reptile 200%.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The key to a happy UO life is staying focused on the positive. Join a good guild with an active voice server. Get away from the grind for "event drops" and do some of the older quests. If you like crafting, craft. If you like suit and template building, work on a new character. If you like exploring, grab a friend and run around until you find something new. There are lots of different corners of Brittania where you can find something fun to do that doesn't involve the scripters or bots.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dragon slayer works for all the Dragonkin there, unless I am missing something?

Dragon slayer will do max damage against these. No need for EoO because you are at 300% in that damage part.

Fey slayer is the only super slayer that does 300%. so all you need to do is get the best damage type, Cold or fire ,etc
I wear the fey talisman but switch to a fey slayer weapon because they do fire damage and my dragon slayer weapons do cold damage.

• Super Slayer Weapons will do double damage to the monsters they are meant for.
  • “Single Slayers” will do triple damage
  • Fey Slayer is a special super slayer category that does triple damage.
1653276638898.png

Last edited:

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am pretty sure the arm macro's work the same way as the dress macro's. Create up to 4 arm macros and use a single key for each one like 1, 2, 3 ,4 instead of shift+1, etc. A different weapon / shield setup on each macro. I use the dress macros to change talismans on the fly. I do not use the arm macro's. Instead I use the equip last weapon macro. I use a single key to swap between 2 weapons constantly. The only issue with this is when you die, you have to manually equip each weapon for the macro to remember. If you do not, when you switch it will leave you with empty hands (because when you died, your last weapon was nothing).

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The key to a happy UO life is staying focused on the positive. Join a good guild with an active voice server. Get away from the grind for "event drops" and do some of the older quests. If you like crafting, craft. If you like suit and template building, work on a new character. If you like exploring, grab a friend and run around until you find something new. There are lots of different corners of Brittania where you can find something fun to do that doesn't involve the scripters or bots.
See I'd happily stay at sea all the time if they'd add new stuff to black market etc ... many people would rather do other things but the "power creep " as i call means you need better and better gear to fight most anything

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
See I'd happily stay at sea all the time if they'd add new stuff to black market etc ... many people would rather do other things but the "power creep " as i call means you need better and better gear to fight most anything
The only "better" gear in this dungeon is the Whips. The whips are better than we can craft for a 100% physical damage weapon. May have something to do with participation. Tonight LS had more spawn than we could handle. Many players came in after the EM event. The dungeon definitely got more mobs when more players came in. I was in from 6 to 10.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
"power creep " as i call means you need better and better gear to fight most anything
I'm afraid it's the opposite as far as PVM is concerned. Players are getting more and more powerful with better and better gear. That way everything is easier to fight, not harder.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, and it's an instant switch. You can set up to four.

Attachments

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No you are just wrong. Look up multiboxing. The commands go to all toons. So they can all enter dungeons at the same time. Multi clienting toons can not. Thats why those guys could not all enter at the same time.

You need to learn what is what. Are you saying me using a bard to follow my melee toon is multboxing?

Kyronix saw me doing it in Fire and commented that it was a nice way to play. And said i have a nice mount.
He is right. You are being stupid. Those prgrams are way more nuanced than you think they are. Don't worry though, it's not about your bard.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
He is right. You are being stupid. Those programs are way more nuanced than you think they are. Don't worry though, it's not about your bard.
I guess you also need to look up multiboxing. It is when a single command goes to multiple game screens. Fact.
If they were multiboxing they all would have entered at the same time. Like I have said someone sent me a link to the program they use. I installed it to see what it does. It links all your avatars to a team. But it uses EC so I did not proceed further.

Multiclienting is using separate clients and a command only goes to one at a time. I have 3 monitors I can see all 3 toons but I have to switch to the specific screen to give a command to ONE of them. CC follow does not follow thru gates, or any dungeon entry.

If you want to see what they are doing, invis the leader, the others will stop following if they are multi clienting.

But I guess people who don't play UO know more than someone who plays daily.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess you also need to look up multiboxing. It is when a single command goes to multiple game screens. Fact.
If they were multiboxing they all would have entered at the same time. Like I have said someone sent me a link to the program they use. I installed it to see what it does. It links all your avatars to a team. But it uses EC so I did not proceed further.

Multiclienting is using separate clients and a command only goes to one at a time. I have 3 monitors I can see all 3 toons but I have to switch to the specific screen to give a command to ONE of them. CC follow does not follow thru gates, or any dungeon entry.

If you want to see what they are doing, invis the leader, the others will stop following if they are multi clienting.

Since you want to continue acting stupid, let me spell it out for you.

15 chars logged in at the same time outside the EM building (don't know where you got dungeon from.) Turn script off and walk 3 main chars into EM building, leaving 12 chars outside and sit around until EM opens event gate outside the building. Walk out of EM building, start script and watch all 15 chars enter EM event gate all once. It's blatantly obvious when all 15 chars land on the same tile when FOLLOWING chars will stand 1 tile from each other and never on same tile.

I've made my point and no more is needed. If you want to argue your point some more, go find someone else to act stupid with.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In this case it's pretty obvious that some retired players have more knowledge than you. Apparently, it's a pretty old hat. I just wanted to point out that your posts on that topic seem to lack a lot of insight.

Reactions: S_S

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since you want to continue acting stupid, let me spell it out for you.

15 chars logged in at the same time outside the EM building (don't know where you got dungeon from.) Turn script off and walk 3 main chars into EM building, leaving 12 chars outside and sit around until EM opens event gate outside the building. Walk out of EM building, start script and watch all 15 chars enter EM event gate all once. It's blatantly obvious when all 15 chars land on the same tile when FOLLOWING chars will stand 1 tile from each other and never on same tile.

I've made my point and no more is needed. If you want to argue your point some more, go find someone else to act stupid with.
Page on them. That is what will stop this activity, unless thay are attended, then they will answer and it is legal.

Erskin

Visitor

Did exactly the same thing and soulstoned parry and swords to train archery and anatomy and I've been having a blast with the event on ATL. Skipped the Fel weekend, as I can't really be bothered with PvP in UO, but I've enjoyed the other iterations of the event. Never really had the urge to make an archery character and I doubt I ever would have if this event hadn't been so messed up.

Spent some time chatting with people early on between the piles, tagging the in-between spawns before they wandered into a hail of projectiles. Had some good fun dragging paragon GDs into the smaller piles and listening to all the gargoyle death screams. Picked up a good 350 paragon chests so far - my treasure hunter will be very busy for some time!

Enjoying where things are at now - there's some pretty good ad-hoc teamwork going on. Multiple archer/thrower tag teams kiting paragons around the place, doing our best to keep the para's off the tamers and focussed on the pets. Level 2 was easier to crack back when there were piles of people - now it's not safe to go to level 3 and there can be a surprise waiting for you if you flee to level 1, but sometimes there's enough people running up and down the ramp to clear the way! Found that the confidence HPR has been good for recovering from the dragon breath - that and desperately tabbing to a non-para to try and leech some life! :lol:

Got all the drops I need to get the stuff I want, but I keep going back. There's probably not going to be an event in Destard for a while after the way this one has gone down, so I'm unlikely to get the chance to fight off waves of para Dragons and Wyrms with a bunch of random strangers again any time soon - may as well make the most of it while it's here! ;)

Frizzman

Visitor
you can swap on the fly between 4 weapons and you can also have 4 dress macros the same within the CC client.
it is a seemless change between them with no unarmed time or naked time.

dress macros are "record dress" and "dress 1-4"
weapon macros are "record arm" and "arm 1-4"

you must make one macro to record the weapon and another to use what you recorded.

i make my record macros with the alt and shift keys plus a letter so i dont accidentally hit them during game play

i.e. Shft+alt+tilde is my record arm 1 macro and tilde is my arm macro
Shft+alt+L is my dress record 1 macro and i use L for my dress macro

you can do this 4 times for weapons and 4 times for dress

it is a seamless swap just like equip last weapon.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To hit the paragon snake. Dragon slayer does little damage to that
Both my archer and Melee toons take those out without issue with either weapon.

Looks like a fire weapon would work fine on them.

1653364838631.png

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunately is hard to stay away fron the frakking "Events" (I'm not referring the the EM ones) if one collects Armor Sets, considering that the FRAKKING SHARD BOUND DESTROYED the market for the Drops in Low Pop Shards!

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately is hard to stay away fron the frakking "Events" (I'm not referring the the EM ones) if one collects Armor Sets, considering that the FRAKKING SHARD BOUND DESTROYED the market for the Drops in Low Pop Shards!
Heaven forbid you should have to participate in an event to get the rewards. Imagine having to actually interact with people on low population shards.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Heaven forbid you should have to participate in an event to get the rewards. Imagine having to actually interact with people on low population shards.
Exactly, some of those people are Hazel and I. yuk

RIP Hazel....

mihali

Sage
Awesome advice here, greatly appreciated:
Too your advice and bought me a cheapo 100% Fire Damage Composite Bow (40 % DI) as the only 2 mods, did not want to use Oak Runic ad infinitum charges. Played first on TC1 with runic reforging and realized it would be cheaper to just buy one. This time I pofed to 255, added Fey Slayer, HML to 37, SSI 25, and Hit Fire ball 50%. I do not need Stam leach at all so I dont use it. HLD is on the helm, Stam is 191 and Str is 150 with 150 hps DCI is 40 out of 45, and it seems to help.
Now able to take down all snakes including the para snake with this bow (Fire Dam), and All Fey Paras except the Winged flying Para is really hard to solo, I find best to run away from it.
With the Dragon bow even though it is 60 Phys/ 40 Cold I clear the entire level 1 from all dragons including the Greaters with some effort but no deaths, and interestingly lev 3 the AW. The Para GDs, Para undead Wyrms, and para AW, not possible.
Only use these 2 bows and they work. Next phase I may try to get a 100% Cold Damage Bow for the Draconians and see how that works!
Getting drops not a lot but enough. Most importantly, the fun is in the making something that works, and even more so putting it to use, and knowing when to fight and when to run.
It is intense when the Paras show up especially, but thats the fun part.
Kind of excited about this, I used archery very long ago, and basically lived in Doom gauntlet with an archer back then. There was very hard time then to come across good bows.

mihali

Sage
Awesome advice here, greatly appreciated:
Too your advice and bought me a cheapo 100% Fire Damage Composite Bow (40 % DI) as the only 2 mods, did not want to use Oak Runic ad infinitum charges. Played first on TC1 with runic reforging and realized it would be cheaper to just buy one. This time I pofed to 255, added Fey Slayer, HML to 37, SSI 25, and Hit Fire ball 50%. I do not need Stam leach at all so I dont use it. HLD is on the helm, Stam is 191 and Str is 150 with 150 hps DCI is 40 out of 45, and it seems to help.
Now able to take down all snakes including the para snake with this bow (Fire Dam), and All Fey Paras except the Winged flying Para is really hard to solo, I find best to run away from it.
With the Dragon bow even though it is 60 Phys/ 40 Cold I clear the entire level 1 from all dragons including the Greaters with some effort but no deaths, and interestingly lev 3 the AW. The Para GDs, Para undead Wyrms, and para AW, not possible.
Only use these 2 bows and they work. Next phase I may try to get a 100% Cold Damage Bow for the Draconians and see how that works!
Getting drops not a lot but enough. Most importantly, the fun is in the making something that works, and even more so putting it to use, and knowing when to fight and when to run.
It is intense when the Paras show up especially, but thats the fun part.
Kind of excited about this, I used archery very long ago, and basically lived in Doom gauntlet with an archer back then. There was very hard time then to come across good bows.
After this experience, I realized that I have a lot of old bows of all kinds that compared to the above are useless anymore. I will need to pitch them in the trash barrel, sadly. I think I will likely keep my old one and only Demon Slayer bow from more than 10 years ago, for sentimental value item.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After this experience, I realized that I have a lot of old bows of all kinds that compared to the above are useless anymore. I will need to pitch them in the trash barrel, sadly. I think I will likely keep my old one and only Demon Slayer bow from more than 10 years ago, for sentimental value item.
Yup, we had junk.

Weapons are mostly imbued for what you need.

1653529274963.png

You can change the slayer type as needed. This was an Orc slayer I used for beacons.

mihali

Sage
Yup, we had junk.

Weapons are mostly imbued for what you need.

View attachment 130671

You can change the slayer type as needed. This was an Orc slayer I used for beacons.
Very nice info! So after this event this very bow, you can change to Orc or something else? That would be awesome!
Also why HLD if your helm/glasses give you HLD 30%, they are nod additive I think?
Would it be better to add something else like HLA or Hit Lighning?
With SSI 30 are you still hitting at 1.5 sec? Unless you have 210 stam/ total SSI of 55 to hit max speed at 1.25 sec with Composite?
And lastly is it safe to let dur drop to 20's if it is going to take more attempts/fails to repair to 241 or so, each time losing 1 dur point?
Thanks in advance for help with these questions. It is cool to re-learn my archery!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very nice info! So after this event this very bow, you can change to Orc or something else? That would be awesome!
Also why HLD if your helm/glasses give you HLD 30%, they are nod additive I think?
Would it be better to add something else like HLA or Hit Lighning?
With SSI 30 are you still hitting at 1.5 sec? Unless you have 210 stam/ total SSI of 55 to hit max speed at 1.25 sec with Composite?
And lastly is it safe to let dur drop to 20's if it is going to take more attempts/fails to repair to 241 or so, each time losing 1 dur point?
Thanks in advance for help with these questions. It is cool to re-learn my archery!
That toon uses hunters head dress. HLD is not directly additive but it does combine using the %s with correct math.

My dexxers have high Stamina and SSI.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My Archer Bard uses that bow. He has 4 x 120 real skill in Barding. None of my Archers need the new quiver, they are at max speed.

1653540073995.png

And lastly is it safe to let dur drop to 20's
I noticed and it repaired in 1 try.

Last edited:

mihali

Sage
The second you accept cheating in an MMO you become a part of the problem...
Agree, and it is unacceptable. But other than complain what else can we do? The game is still enjoyable, lots of us refuse to be sidetracked by the cheaters, and we keep on playing and enjoying the game and not by cheating. For me the fun seems to be in the putting together and learning to put together the pieces of the puzzle each time. One of them also is learning to play/survive in a tough fight environment. I get drops but thats not the objective all the way. Its really he fight ultimately wheher getting killed or not. And the info/help here and uoguide is really nice!:)

mihali

Sage
I checked the HLD formula from uoguide. Looks like your HLD from glasses/helm etc plus the HLD from weapon are beneficial to add to the weapon, to make it more than 20% or 30%. So helm / glasses 30% plus weapon 40% or 50% would likely amount to a total HLD for the template of 65% HLD with lower chances to proc the 30% or the 40-50%. So 65% chance is very nice for single plyer or in teams, and would make it desirable to put on weapon 40-45% HLD. Likely better than adding hit lightning or fireball instead, for a mere 40-70 extra damage but fancy graphics. Also would make the weapon more usable in more variable type of content. Also if you can use a weapon non-exceptional, for a sacrifice of 50 imbuing points only, you would have an additional mod to add if your damage cap of 100% is met by the suit/other items. That would make the weapon even better?
So making non-exceptional Bow may be better for some things like if you need to be able to chug potions on the fly to add that special mod, plus have the remainder mods to the bow?
Can someone confirm this line of thinking or it is wrong? TY in advance.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I checked the HLD formula from uoguide. Looks like your HLD from glasses/helm etc plus the HLD from weapon are beneficial to add to the weapon, to make it more than 20% or 30%. So helm / glasses 30% plus weapon 40% or 50% would likely amount to a total HLD for the template of 65% HLD with lower chances to proc the 30% or the 40-50%. So 65% chance is very nice for single plyer or in teams, and would make it desirable to put on weapon 40-45% HLD. Likely better than adding hit lightning or fireball instead, for a mere 40-70 extra damage but fancy graphics. Also would make the weapon more usable in more variable type of content. Also if you can use a weapon non-exceptional, for a sacrifice of 50 imbuing points only, you would have an additional mod to add if your damage cap of 100% is met by the suit/other items. That would make the weapon even better?
So making non-exceptional Bow may be better for some things like if you need to be able to chug potions on the fly to add that special mod, plus have the remainder mods to the bow?
Can someone confirm this line of thinking or it is wrong? TY in advance.
Bows that are not exceptional only have 500 points instead of 550. Bows use all the points so it would be better to use a whetstone to remove the DI on an Exceptional one. Your idea works for 2 hand Swords weapons tho.

Yes the HLD is like 65 using correct math instead of 80 additive.

I noticed my fey bow has Hit Lightning. I probably lored fey and noticed they do not have as high DCI as Dragons.
Some like area hits to bring mobs in.

You can use balanced instead of a hit spell for pots.

Either make or find someone who makes 100% ele weapons and you can make weapons for specific targets.

I assume you are aware of: Knuckleheads.dk

mihali

Sage
Bows that are not exceptional only have 500 points instead of 550. Bows use all the points so it would be better to use a whetstone to remove the DI on an Exceptional one. Your idea works for 2 hand Swords weapons tho.

Yes the HLD is like 65 using correct math instead of 80 additive.

I noticed my fey bow has Hit Lightning. I probably lored fey and noticed they do not have as high DCI as Dragons.
Some like area hits to bring mobs in.

You can use balanced instead of a hit spell for pots.

Either make or find someone who makes 100% ele weapons and you can make weapons for specific targets.

I assume you are aware of: Knuckleheads.dk
Very nice info and rationale, appreciated.
How do you check DCI on mobs? Dragons etc? Lore has this on somewhere? Appreciated.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

messana, bonnie, whatever her name is, is as useful as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.

mihali

Sage
But think about what they did:
First, the mistake/oversight about the first 3 days favoring the bots etc. with spawn on a crazy level in 2 spots - 3 spots only.
Then correcting it by spreading the spawn in entire areas and decreasing spawn rate to accomodate player numbers to some extent.
Then making paras that need 3-4 players to take down. Which should really be the case to encourage team play.
And, very importantly, allowing EGGS to be in this incarnation also, so that ANYONE with any temp, can just spend 10 minutes or so, to gather 10 eggs to make one drop! With only caveat to know where the eggs are, that is not too hard, just a little competitive and you just got to be there first and fast. For these players the thrill is the sense of discovery when they find the egg.
For others the thrill is in the fight itself in Dest. and using their skills/weaps/pets getting things done, and making items that work and the craft of making these items.
There are a few secrets, and one of them is that luck seems to work. Partial damage on a mob that dies works. Teamwork works, esp on the very hard Paras that are otherwise a waste of time and grey robes. Strategy works on what to fight and avoid for each individual player.
Looks like they are paying attention to what is happening, and they are making appropriate changes.
Also a dungeon hardly every used other that farming leather mostly is full of gameplay at this time.
This is based on facts and factual observations by players.
So just enjoy what we got and keep playing. It would be a complete flop if we each got 20-100 drops each time we went to dest, and a compete flop to get 20-50 eggs at each location that drops in the pack!

Reactions: E_T

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
THE LACK OF COMMUNICATION IS UNACCEPTABLE end of story this they are working behind the scenes is a load of crap...

mihali

Sage
Well kind of agree, but think of it a slightly different way. Its a little bit like the D&D games in the olden days, when the dungeon master tries different things to add intrique and challenge, and it is up to the players to figure out how to beat the challenge.
What I do not like is the 90 part quests, or the overthought stuff that happens sometimes, and oops bugs, and we need to change the underwater thing now after 4-6 years of mess-up. Kind of understandable, it is a massive game that has accumulated story line, and parts in hundreds of places over 20 years.
It is a small team, working on this legacy game. Still I say the game is still fun, otherwise we would have gone to greener pastures. (and then discover that the grass is not really greener there, and things are even more messed up there etc).

Last edited: